PDA

View Full Version : READY OR NOT HERE IT COMES...NACS 2007 IN ATLANTA...WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT ?

climaxenergydrink
01-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Just looking ahead everyone and preparing for THE MOST AWESOME AND INFORMATIVE CONVENTION AND OFCOURSE NETWORK DRIVEN FRIENDLY .....NACS 2007 ATLANTA !! (i only know this from browsing through pics of the wrap up from the convention and from all of you board members)..now it is time to experience it for myself !!!

WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT TO SEE NEW PRODUCTS WISE AND FROM THE TOP CONTENDERS TO FINALLY EARN THERE POSITION IN THIS CATEGORY !!!

CLIMAX

climaxenergydrink
01-01-2007, 10:26 PM
will TTB AND DRAYTON ( SUMPOOSIE CAT) BRING IN A OVERGROWN PINK POOSIE AND PUT A LEASH ON THE FEARLESS CAT AND WALK IT ON THE RUNWAY WITH THERE ED IN ITS MOUTH !!

** I WANT ROYALTIES !!!

PERHAPS WILL WE SEE DIZZ ( LIQUID BLOW aka cocaine )BREAK OUT THE LB MOBILE AND BURN RUBBER AND LEAVE A MYSTERIOUS WHITE LINE BEHIND TO SHOW THE TRUE DRINKS CONCEPT & POWER !! POP, POP, POP....!!!!

OR WILL IT BE THE BULL CONTINUING TO RUN WILD AND RUN TOWARDS THE MONSTER AND DESTROY EVERYTHING IN ITS WAY INCLUDING ALL CONVENTION MEMBERS AND LEAVE US OUTSIDE NEXT TO THE TRUE ROCKSTAR SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS !!!

2 B CONTINUED....?????

rackitup
01-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Isn't NACS almost a year away?

boodoo
01-02-2007, 09:55 AM
The girls from Rock Star are arrested for indecent exposure (remember...this is the South), TTB is found passed out at a local "folk dancing" establishment, The Bull is made a steer by Monster, Chuck Lidell and the Xenergy team go nuts and start fighting with everyone, BooKoo features their new revolutionary "25oz" and 7 new brands show up claiming to be the next big thing.

SumPoosieCat
01-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Folk dancing....me.....Lol...I'll see you at the Pony!!!

greg
01-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by boodoo:
The girls from Rock Star are arrested for indecent exposure (remember...this is the South), TTB is found passed out at a local "folk dancing" establishment, The Bull is made a steer by Monster, Chuck Lidell and the Xenergy team go nuts and start fighting with everyone, BooKoo features their new revolutionary "25oz" and 7 new brands show up claiming to be the next big thing. This is the "New South" I have traveled the country and dined in the best restaurants and have had to go in numerous strip clubs to do business. Atlanta has the most liberal laws concerning nudity in all the major cities I have been in. In LA you have to be 10ft away from the girl if you have liwour on the premises, DC only one dancer at a time, Atlanta.....How many girls can you fit on your lap at one time!?!?!?! Providing the only ones doing any groping are the girls and not you! LOL

Mr Zabe
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
LOL
May be that's why the Coca Cola Suits are missing the mark with new brands and marketing of those new brands. LOL Too many lap dance lunches. LMAO

[ 01-02-2007, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Christian Prickett
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
You guys are on crack.

deepnenergy
01-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Can't wait for that Georgia Peach....07!!!!

climaxenergydrink
01-02-2007, 03:59 PM
RACKITUP :

posted 01-02-2007 01:15 AM
Isn't NACS almost a year away?
Posts: 218 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2006 | Logged: 70.193.207.71 |

**It's actually in November of 2007 !!

CLIMAX

climaxenergydrink
01-02-2007, 04:34 PM
OFF THE NACS WEB SITE EVERYBODY:

Next year's event will take place November 6-9, 2007 in Atlanta, GA. Registration will be available in April.

CLIMAX

climaxenergydrink
01-02-2007, 04:41 PM
some info for those who do not know !

NACS is Convenience
Founded August 14, 1961, the National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) is an international trade association representing more than 2,200 retail and 1,800 supplier company members. NACS member companies do business in nearly 40 countries around the world, with the majority of members based in the United States. The U.S. convenience store industry, with 140,655 stores across the U.S., posted $495.3 billion in total sales for 2005, with $344.2 billion in motor fuels sales.

Since 1961, NACS has been an advocate for the convenience retailing industry providing industry information, knowledge and connections to ensure the competitive viability of our members' businesses.

The diversity of NACS membership reflects the diversity of the convenience store and petroleum marketing industry and our commitment to developing a robust competitive environment for our members.

The NACS Mission
The mission of NACS is to represent the industry and to assist retail members in increasing their current and future effectiveness and profitability by:

Providing knowledge, solutions and connections needed by the industry;·
Improving the image of the industry;·
Impacting government action beneficial to the industry through the active participation of its membership;·
Anticipating and facilitating change which ensures the long-term viability of the industry;·
Maintaining a financially independent association; and·
Fostering productive, efficient relationships with industry suppliers.
NACS Focus Statements
NACS seeks to accomplish this mission through six focus statements, refined and developed by the retail membership:
We will understand, communicate and advance the customer's drivers for purchasing through the convenience store channel.

We will seek to defend and grow the core categories by ensuring a level playing field and where possible rejuvenate and/or reinvent the way the industry goes to market.

We will facilitate ways to generate sales/profits on our real estate (as nothing is permanent).

We will define and promote (market) the characteristics of Employer of Choice and develop programs/tools/solutions in each component area.

We will assist the industry in lowering its costs of inventory acquisition and distribution thereby enabling convenience to be the determinative factor for customers.

YOUR WELCOME NACS !! DOES THIS ALLOW ME $$ OFF MEMBERSHIP !!

hahaha !!

I look forward to meeting you all there !! so we can finally put the faces behind the fingers !!!

CLIMAX

greg
01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
The ironic thing about the NACS is it is an organization that is set up to help the convenience store owner navigate the reems of regulation from gas services, credit card fees, taxes on individual products(beer, cigarettes, services), etc. but we , the manufacturers, are invited to participate in their organizations year end exposition when are one of the entities they try and protect the convenience store owner from.
If any of you are going to attend go to some of the seminars that they have outside of the expo and you will learn how to counteract the information they feed the CS owner about how manufacturers are always trying to manipulate the system or the individual through pay plans, inventory strategies, or through forced sell ins, etc, etc.
If you read the above post, by Climax, between the lines you will see exactly what I am talking about.

[ 01-02-2007, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

climaxenergydrink
01-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Greg do you encourage all members more so suppliers in this industry to become a member of NACS ?

I found out that it is ($750) for membership. Apparently it went up $150 i found out when i spoke with Matt in membership services. I certainly do think that you will benefit greatly from there package deals off shows like in Nov Atlanta 2007 !! and more importantly the networking capability of being a member and being at the show and smoozing with all the vendors !!

I have only heard great feedback from everyone on this board and supposably " THIS IS THE SHOW YOU NEED TO BE IN TO GET MAXIMUM EXPOSURE THROUGH MEMBERS AND GUEST ATTENDEES AND LETS NOT FORGET THE PRESS "

Another question for TTB, DRAYTON and or Members that have attended prior NACS shows ? If you do own an ED company or a bev company is it good to attend without membership and see for yourself, or be a member and not contradict your position at the show more importantly so you can get all the benefits that come with being a member ? Where you members prior to entering your first NACS SHOW ?

Thank you in advance for your response ?

CLIMAX

climaxenergydrink
01-03-2007, 12:16 AM
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSE !

I think i am all ? ( Questioned) out for now !!

CLIMAX

greg
01-03-2007, 09:05 AM
My Experience at NACS shows have ben nothing but positive. I didn't mean to come off Negative about NACS, I was just pointing out the contradiction to some point from a vendor standpoint.

I highly recommend doing the expo if you can afford or for that matter can't afford it! LOL. The exposure you get is second to none. If you pick up one new distributor or one new multi-store chain then the show will pay for itself hopefully on the forst Purchase order.
A lot of people complain about how many ED's are there but my thought is you have to start somewhere and why not a better place then where people come to you instead of you flying all over the country meeting them.
Be prepared with all of your material and product on hand. CS owners and distributor love freebies!!! Make sure you understand the lingo and the conversation style of distributors and CS Owners. Get contact info even is the party didn't seem to interested. They may have just had a bad day but where intereseted in your product. They may not be followed up on by other vendors and your folllow up alone may sell the deal.
I can on and on but I think you get the jest of what I am saying.
g

boodoo
01-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Forget all that business talk...lets get back to poor greg having to entertain clients at the gentleman's clubs! Now exactly how do you sell that in to your wife?

greg
01-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by boodoo:
Forget all that business talk...lets get back to poor greg having to entertain clients at the gentleman's clubs! Now exactly how do you sell that in to your wife? Business meetings are business meetings. We don't discuss it after that!!! LOL :cool: ;)

Mr Zabe
01-03-2007, 12:46 PM
In the words of Sargent Schultz (for all us old farts,Hogan's Hero's LOL) "I know nothing,I know nothing." LMAO!!!!

[ 01-03-2007, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

climaxenergydrink
01-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Thank you Greg for the info as always it is very helpful !!

CLIMAX

SumPoosieCat
01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
If anyone needs a free pass to the Pink Pony let me know.... I still have a few "friends" at the Pony !!! ;)

If anyone wants to stop by and say hello...me and the girls will be at the Bar and Beverage Show in Vegas March 5th and 6th. Our booth is right in front of Southern Wine and Spirits.

greg
01-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by climaxenergydrink:
Thank you Greg for the info as always it is very helpful !!

CLIMAX You're Welcome

greg
01-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
If anyone needs a free pass to the Pink Pony let me know.... I still have a few "friends" at the Pony !!! ;)

Get off Buford HWY and move on down Peachtree St to The Cheetah. Or go done Cheshire Bridge to "TattleTales" or if you want to get down and dirty...and I don't mean a good down and dirty go to the 24K Club...Thats where strippers go to retire and still make a few bucks on the side! LOL

If you prefer "Chocolate Love" go to the Purple Onion on what used to be called Stewart Ave. Now the city of Atlanta changed the name of the street thinking it would change the atmosphere..WRONG!

But the biggest and best was THE GOLD CLUB. The Gold Club wouldn't play ball with the mayor of Atlanta years back so the mayor subsequently railroaded them out of town! Now the Mayor is sitting in Minimum Security for other deeds done wrong.
Theres a small history lesson of the underbelly of Atlanta Entertainment!!!