PDA

View Full Version : throwing it out there

deltaforce
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Just want to talk about any interest in partnering with our ED company, Our site is http://www.sexkola.com we have been in business for 2 1/2 years Would like to talk to potential partner or investor. thanks

deepnenergy
01-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Cool website, where is your distribution now???

deltaforce
01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
limited at this point, but looking to build that

SumPoosieCat
01-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Are you up for changing the name?

deepnenergy
01-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
Are you up for changing the name? Now I wouldn't expect to hear that from you SPC.

deltaforce
01-05-2007, 12:34 PM
name change not sure, all of are data show us people love the taste, and the art work, name change could be in the mix..

SumPoosieCat
01-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Well... I think you answered your own question. Great taste, great art... by the way...did you just copy my old bottle?

Also... do you use real sugar or Corn garbage?

deltaforce
01-05-2007, 12:53 PM
no did not copy we came out in 03 and all the art work is vintage art,, and since day one we are using splenda..

greg
01-05-2007, 01:39 PM
After visiting your website it seems a name change would institute a major shift in marketing. Sex seems to be the main them throughout all of your products. Although Randy Rootbeer could be kept I'm not sure about Lust & Disciplne.The Orange drink is borderline.
I do agree that the artwork is excellent.

SumPoosieCat
01-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Mine came out in 2001 with vintage art on the bottle.... Betty Paige and Pam Anderson.

I feel flattered to be copied !

greg
01-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
Mine came out in 2001 with vintage art on the bottle.... Betty Paige and Pam Anderson.

I feel flattered to be copied ! Am I that Old that Pam Anderson is considered vintage!?!?!?!?
:rolleyes:

SumPoosieCat
01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Lol...Yes!!!

CStoreCatMan
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Awesome website and artwork! I for one think you did a great job of coinciding the brand name "Sex Kola" with the individual product names (ie. Randy Root Beer).

deltaforce
01-05-2007, 05:34 PM
thank you CstoreCatMan, now is i can just find a partner or investor to help take it to the next level

SumPoosieCat
01-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Vintage Kola ?

Brainy
01-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Nice site Delta. A very niche market product. Sum P, a new line?

Try a venture Cap company as your last resort. They ask for alot but can help you out. Just dont sign your wife or kids away. Cause they will take it.

-VV-
01-06-2007, 07:05 AM
I don't think "Liquid Schwartz" has been taken yet.

And I really get a kick out of PoosieCat's fixation with names. I'm not sure if it's born out of a guilt complex, or just passive aggressiveness, but you can always count on $.02 from the innovator of non-subtle references.

PS. Your bottle art is well conceived. Love it. I agree with Greg that a name change seems to involve a paradigm shift in the way you market your brand. The sexuality in the art, like much vintage "erotic" art is subtle by today's standards. Provocative, yet mostly hidden. The upfront name seems like an odd pairing.

Given the rising popularity of trash hot-rod culture and the populartity of "vintage" models like Paige, I think you may have a brand with legs if marketed properly. How's the taste?

NRGSLLR@
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
You are missing the point! Who is going to sell it? Who is going to allow their fourteen year old son to buy it.

AVANTE GARDE does not sell. It has been proven time and time again. If I am wrong, you wouldn't be looking for capital, you would be enjoying the financial windfall of producing a good tasting beverage in innovative packaging!!

deltaforce
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
The capital is mainly for marketing, I do agree with you and other about the name and i am willing to make the change if needed..

deepnenergy
01-08-2007, 04:13 PM
well, if your going to change the name???? WHY, not just create another brand and still offer the Sex Kola to the markets it shows demand. Then you will have two brands. LIKE a rap or rock band, they have stuff to hear on the air and then you can find the same song on a CD that is more adult. don't ever let someone come in and change you, that's why were in the USA, baby!!! you may not be able to sell SK in all c-stores but adult shops, tobacco 7 pipe shops, Spincer's gifts, dance clubs and even adult clubs sell drinks. I think IMO you could very easy move product there and then just make another bottle for the c-stores.

NRGSLLR@
01-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Deep you are marketing to a very small consumer universe. Specialty Shops and Adult Beverage Consumption Venues. (any of them...bars, clubs gentlemen's clubs etc.) small universe. Even Red Bull did not get to be a 1 billion dollar company by staying in that venue. Delta, you appear to have very talented marketing people, address the brand issue and do the same fantastic job with the new brand and you will see large success. Look what is happening to brands like No Cal and Boylans. No Huge marekting push or branding, if you took that same distribution vehicle and developed a strong marketing and sales plan you could easily eclipse their successes.

greg
01-08-2007, 05:05 PM
NRGSLLR- The man knows his stuff!

deepnenergy
01-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
Deep you are marketing to a very small consumer universe. Specialty Shops and Adult Beverage Consumption Venues. (any of them...bars, clubs gentlemen's clubs etc.) small universe. Even Red Bull did not get to be a 1 billion dollar company by staying in that venue. Delta, you appear to have very talented marketing people, address the brand issue and do the same fantastic job with the new brand and you will see large success. Look what is happening to brands like No Cal and Boylans. No Huge marketing push or branding, if you took that same distribution vehicle and developed a strong marketing and sales plan you could easily eclipse their successes. But if your going to dump money to changing it why not create a new brand and have both??? That's what I'm saying not that he will be rich but he can use his SK in the adult venue to market the other and gain both markets. I just think if your going to spend the money anyway keep them both...

and Boylans really don't do much in the west, it's more Jones here.

deltaforce
01-08-2007, 06:42 PM
thank you both, this has been very helpful, but at the end of the day i am a marketing guy not an expert like the rest of the board with ED. thats why partnering or finding an investor the knows the Bev and ED space would be the way to go,, all of the feedback has been very useful and helpful.. thank you

greg
01-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by deepnenergy:
But if your going to dump money to changing it why not create a new brand and have both??? That's what I'm saying not that he will be rich but he can use his SK in the adult venue to market the other and gain both markets. I just think if your going to spend the money anyway keep them both...

and Boylans really don't do much in the west, it's more Jones here. [/QB][/QUOTE]

It's challenging and expensive to get one brand up and running and in full swing. Add in another brand and you end up taking money away from the first brand. Now you have taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Adding brands, IMO, takes place only after you have successfully penetrated the market with your original brand. Note: I am not talking flavor extensions, I'm talking brands.

deepnenergy
01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deepnenergy:
But if your going to dump money to changing it why not create a new brand and have both??? That's what I'm saying not that he will be rich but he can use his SK in the adult venue to market the other and gain both markets. I just think if your going to spend the money anyway keep them both...

and Boylans really don't do much in the west, it's more Jones here. </font>[/QUOTE]It's challenging and expensive to get one brand up and running and in full swing. Add in another brand and you end up taking money away from the first brand. Now you have taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Adding brands, IMO, takes place only after you have successfully penetrated the market with your original brand. Note: I am not talking flavor extensions, I'm talking brands. [/QB][/QUOTE]
This company has been around for a while I seen their site almost a year ago, for them to create a new brand they would still be spending the money. They would also have to relabel all the bottles they have in stock if they changed their site and pay for that as well. Why not Keep the brand in the market it would sell in and create another one to launch for the GP that way you don't throw out all the money you spent already & then you have a share in both markets.

In a lot of way I agree with you but I would hate to see someone throw out something that could have legs in a given market. I mean there are a lot of MEETING Clubs in the US, LOL smile.gif

deltaforce
02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
just wanted to say thanks to all Bev Board members for all of your input..

Ron Swedelson
02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
The Boylans and Jones come down to distributors. Jones definatly outsells Boylans, but Jones also has more active sales reps. and have positioned themselves with a good line of distributors. Boylans sells very well were it is placed. It is just usually sold by upscale distributors, and doesnt touch the mom and pop stores.
The name, well, it probably doesnt need to be said again, but I will. You have Sex or something related with Sex in the name, its not going to last in the mainstream market, if it even makes it there. If you are ok with that, fine, if not, change the name.

climaxenergydrink
02-06-2007, 05:39 PM
originally posted by deltaforce:
:name change could be in the mix..

PERHAPS a CLIMAX kolas LINE !! hahaha !!

I think your website is clean and perfect for what you are doing !! and if you like to possibly talk further about some interest ... PM me and we can take it from there !!

If it doesn't work out whats the worst thing could happen ..WE END UP NETWORKING IN THE NYC AREA !!

GOOD LUCK & ALL THE BEST !!

CLIMAX
Lenny

deltaforce
02-14-2007, 03:34 PM
thanks for the feedback Climax

climaxenergydrink
02-14-2007, 06:28 PM
posted 01-08-2007 06:42 PM
thank you both, this has been very helpful, but at the end of the day i am a marketing guy not an expert like the rest of the board with ED. thats why partnering or finding an investor the knows the Bev and ED space would be the way to go,, all of the feedback has been very useful and helpful.. thank you

? 4 U MICH..

WHY NOT ASK QUESTIONS AND LEARN FOR YOURSELF LIKE THE REST OF US HAVE OR ARE DOING....BECOME AN EXPERT IN THE INDUSTRY ? ULTIMATELY IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ? ....RESEARCH, RERSEARCH !!

IF IT IS MONEY YOU WANT 50K ... ANYBODY CAN GET THAT FOR YOU ... I THINK TIME IS ON YOUR SIDE, IT IS UP TO YOU WHAT YOU DO WITH IT !!

your very welcome !! If you have the passion for this industry like 99% of us do on this board than i say go back to the drawing board and get creative with your business plan and make this product & brand work for you !! Just look at how imaginative you became with using your own " brilliant " ideas developing a web site through your own company !! i know your main concern is to make sure that everything works for you ie.. paying your bills etc..just like the rest of us !! but i say to you what do you have to lose by giving it your all and taking the risk ! remember you always have the website company to fall back on !! NO INVESTOR CAN HAVE THE PERSONAL INTEREST AT HEART THAT YOU HAVE FROM BLOSSOMING AN ORIGINAL IDEA INTO A MEGA HIT !!

CLIMAX
LENNY