PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please !

SumPoosieCat
01-08-2007, 01:09 PM
We are going to add SPC Sugar Free or Extreme in March and would like to hear which one you think we should add to our line first and why.

The Sugar Free is the best tasting SF I have ever had of any drink. It has taken a year to get just right.... but it really is very good.

The Extreme has more caffeine and more ginseng. And Poosie the Cat is ripping through the can.

What do you think?

greg
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I say Sugar free and here is my reasoning......
Your brand is getting awareness now and a lot of people, me included, love the tatse but not the calories from the sugar. Give people the healthier alternative and then once you have them introduce the stronger version later. Then it if it is cost worthy do it in both the Regular and SF.

NRGSLLR@
01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I agree with Greg, the sugar free would be your best new product intro. Looking only at the brands I sell and the overall sales reports I recieve from my key customers. Sugar Free 16oz is approaching 40% of it's Regular brand counterpart. I don't believe people are looking for extreme energy considering that now they can get double the efficacy in a 16oz can they used to get in a 8.4oz. That being said there is still the fringe ED consumer that is looking for 100mg of caffeine per serving. Although as we have all discussed in the past. We should cater to the mainstream. Let the start ups go after the EXTREME. It's a small piece of the ED universe.

greg
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Well Said NRGSLLR.
Moreover, Sumpoosiecat is already a niche product(right now) if you are to come out with an Extreme version right now you would make it even more niche. How niche can you afford to go and still maintain profitability?

deepnenergy
01-08-2007, 05:00 PM
IMO Think their right SPC. SF not only touches to healthy life style but also helps build trust for your brand. It shows that you want to offer something for both sides of the ED market. Billy Bob can now buy his wife (that is diet crazy) a SPC in stead of another ED and they will love you for it. Or at least she will....

DrPepperYummy
01-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I think you should drop both idea's and come out with SPC Clear... just bottle some water and sell it for 1.99... great margins off low production cost! I'll let you use the tap in my basement for 50 bucks a week.. all the water you want.

(Hopefully someone has a sense of humor today I know its monday so I should wait till wednesday to post this)

Yeah I would say a "diet" version should always come after the regular is established... or you could just go multi-pack instead of adding a sugar free so you can really jump sales...

SumPoosieCat
01-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Thank you very much. I am really glad you guys said to go with the SF. We have worked really hard to make a great tasting SF.

We did blind taste test against other SFED and beat them 8 to 1. We then tested agains various SF soft drinks and beat them 3 to 1.

I am eager to get samples out to members next month and see what they think. I really think we have a great SF that most will enjoy with 0 calories.

Again... thanks for the input.

deepnenergy
01-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DrPepperYummy:
I think you should drop both idea's and come out with SPC Clear... just bottle some water and sell it for 1.99... great margins off low production cost! I'll let you use the tap in my basement for 50 bucks a week.. all the water you want.

(Hopefully someone has a sense of humor today I know its monday so I should wait till wednesday to post this)

Yeah I would say a "diet" version should always come after the regular is established... or you could just go multi-pack instead of adding a sugar free so you can really jump sales... Can I? We'll call it Basment Energy, tag line "takes you to the top"

smile.gif

greg
01-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:

We did blind taste test against other SFED and beat them 8 to 1(REDLINE).
;) tongue.gif :D ;) tongue.gif :D ;) tongue.gif

SumPoosieCat
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
We are designing the 4 pak box right now... we are just now adding C-store distributors so the 4 pak should be very popular...our motto in 2007 is.... The Cat is Where it's At! and Think Pink Drink Pink!

SumPoosieCat
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Lol... Redline SF was not one of them...do you make a SF ??? Hey... when are we going to trade again???

greg
01-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Lol... Redline SF was not one of them...do you make a SF ??? Hey... when are we going to trade again??? WHAT!??!!? REDLINE has always been sugar free. ZERO CALORIES!!!
Our theory is why should we produce an Energy Drink for the Workout enthusiast only to have to work off that extra 26g of sugar by drinking it.

PM and give me your address again and I'lll send you a case. I will even through in a case of BLACK PEARL, our libido enhancer. It also has a great energy kick to it will stimulating Free Testtosterone release, vasodilation, plus mood enhancers!(green apple flavor)
Next month we plan on introducing REDLINE GRAPE! I am already taking preorders.

SumPoosieCat
01-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Ok Ok.... damn I am going to have to read up on Redline. I don't really consider it a ED more of a diet thermogenic. Congrats on the Grape!

NRGSLLR@
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
SPC DO NOT DO a 4PK! My history suggests only a 8-15% sell through and the majority is broken up and sold as loose. The trade expects pricing to be the same or slightly higher for a 4pk. But it is definitely a Take Home (Grocery Store) package not C Store. Just ask a Monster Distributor.

Hey Greg Where's my case of Redline?

greg
01-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
SPC DO NOT DO a 4PK! My history suggests only a 8-15% sell through and the majority is broken up and sold as loose. The trade expects pricing to be the same or slightly higher for a 4pk. But it is definitely a Take Home (Grocery Store) package not C Store. Just ask a Monster Distributor.

Hey Greg Where's my case of Redline? I offered you one at NACS but you declined!!!!!!

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send it right out.

deepnenergy
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:

Hey Greg Where's my case of Redline? He is so right, only for grocery most four packs sit till its time to break them open. I don't go to a c-store to buy a 4pk i just want one or two, but when i go to Fry's i buy one or two 4pks all most every time. IMO

the saint
01-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I am not greedy, I would like a CAN of grape though, when will it be available? I will have to start dropping by the GNCs and health stores located in my area to look for it.

I agree with the 4pk though, it is NOT something for a c store. We had a small 6 case rack in all of the 7-11 around here, ended up breaking more apart for singles than what actually sold as 4 pack.

On a side note to TTB, SPC, whatever:
I went into Spencers last week while waiting on my daughters glasses, They have installed a new visi cooler by the register and lo and behold there sit your drink along with some other off the wall brands. I guess now I cannot tell you that it isn't available here anymore.

[ 01-11-2007, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

SumPoosieCat
01-11-2007, 07:08 PM
So.... 4pks. are not selling well at c-stores?

We expect to do very well in the c-store arena once we have the sugar free to offer along with SPC with cane sugar.

NRGSLLR what is the best POS for the c-store?

the saint
01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I would assume that if you had them available cold you might sell some of them, I would be willing to bet that the 2 single facings that are taken up by the one row of 4 pack would turn 50 times before the one time the 4 pks would.

As far as POS, it is hard to go wrong with a plain old static cling with your logo and price. Anymore though most stores other than small mom and pops will not really let you put anything up on the doors.

[ 01-11-2007, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

SumPoosieCat
01-11-2007, 08:35 PM
We are making 2ft. inflatable cans to hang from the ceiling and we have some really cool floor graphics with cool little paw prints.

The racks we have and they are very popular.

Any other popular items for the C-stores or do we have it covered?

deltaforce
01-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I feel sugar free is the way to go.. no matter what people are alwasys looking for that health edge. And really how my "good" sugar free ED are their in the market place, Last time i check not many to right home about. my 3 cents

greg
01-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I agree with NRGSLLR. If you can get static clings on the doors that is awesome, especially if you do not have a guy in there everyweek. Cold barrels, dump bins, etc are labor intensive. If you aren't in the store at least once week, and thats pushing it, you will have all sorts of things end up in your bins.
When In Atlanta with PBG we had an awesome program with BP with a 3 tier cold bin for Mtn Dew. My guys where in there 4 times a week, salesman twice and delivery driver twice. Those 4 days were the only days those bins got service.....and these were corporate stores!!!
Mom Pops keep barrels and bins full, but not always your product!!!!!
Sometimes Mom and Pops and some independent chains allow posters above the coolers. Also, Try and use shelf talkers/glide strips. These usually stay in place very well and make your product look even more refined.

SumPoosieCat
01-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Anyone ever use floor graphics?

rackitup
01-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone ever use floor graphics? I have seen a lot of them.

I would not think they would last too long with wear ant tear, and the floor being cleaned/stripped.

I imagine they would not be cheap as the material to make them is thicker than say a regular decal or static cling.

Also a Cat's footprint is small.

I think Poosie Cat footprints would look great, BUT be prepared to replace them often.

the saint
01-12-2007, 03:56 PM
floor graphics, if you use the same company that PBG gets theirs from I do not know whom that is, actually hold up really well. I have a few stores that have some dew graphics on the floor that have been in place for over 2 years. Granted they are dark colored so it is not as noticable being dirty as a light color would be, but the graphic itself is still intact and the color is pretty much the same as it was on day one.

greg
01-12-2007, 06:35 PM
My take on floor graphics is that they are great in supermarkets and grocery stores but terrible for C-stores.
The wide aisle and usually clean and straight shelves lead to an easy visual.
In a c-store however the aisle are crowded and the shelves messy. The C-store operator has too many things on the floor for graphics to be effective and most people are in a rush and aren't affected as much by instore ads in a c-store as in a larger retail outlet.

SumPoosieCat
01-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I see your point...lol...but I have to say you have been in Florida a little too long.

Many of the new c-stores are clean with large isles. Some have a bank and dry cleaners inside.
The evolution of the c-store continues to amaze me.

the saint
01-13-2007, 06:50 AM
i agreee with the newer stores having larger aisles, but a bank?? and dry cleaners?? That is just crazy, maybe an atm, but a bank?? how big exactly are these stores?

deepnenergy
01-13-2007, 04:34 PM
branding is branding, i would make some cool pee target for bars if i had the resorce in place to do so. Don't get me wrong, I believe in marketing it right and don't do what you can't afford to do. IMO

greg
01-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't drink any drink I aimed my dick at!!!! LOL

Mr Zabe
01-13-2007, 11:42 PM
OMG.....Now that's was too funny.
My sister had to use those pee targets to get my nephew to aim straight. LOLOLOLOL

[ 01-13-2007, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
01-14-2007, 12:47 AM
speaking of toilets,for everyones enjoyment

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/12/1230_smarttoilet/index_01.htm?campaign_id=aol_japanthrones

SumPoosieCat
01-16-2007, 09:05 AM
I think I will stick with door racks, stickers, floor graphics, and inflatable cans. ;)

deepnenergy
01-16-2007, 11:28 AM
LOL, its just a point, and Greg I heard that dick don't aim anyway, Mr. Zabe, Did it work? You all may think that is a crazy thought but that kind of stuff works with the younger crowd. Now I know all of you are getting to the autumn of life but try real hard, i know it's a lot of years but try. when you partied and was that young. I am saying that we can think outside the box in this day and age.....

Just kidding about the old stuff

Mr Zabe
01-16-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL
My sister's son is a volunteer fire man,
his water hose aim is the best in his company. LOL

[ 01-16-2007, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

deepnenergy
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
LOL
My sister's son is a volunteer fire man,
his water hose aim is the best in his company. LOL I rest my case, LOL

NRGSLLR@
01-18-2007, 06:41 PM
SPC you might want to consider counter mats and pump toppers. I also like the corrugated plastic pole signs. But make sure they communicate price!!! Cardinal sin in C Store marketing is not letting me know where it is in the store and how much it costs!

SumPoosieCat
01-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Great ideas NRGSLLR send me an email to draynay@yahoo.com and I will send you our new Sugar Free label and you can tell me what you think. What do you think about 2 ft. inflatable cans hanging from the ceiling ???

bravobravo
01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
What is the competitive advantage of your product over your competitors?

[ 01-26-2007, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: bravobravo ]

greg
01-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by bravobravo:
What is the competitive advantage of your product over your competitors? I want to hear SPC sales pitch too!!!! LOL

SumPoosieCat
01-26-2007, 06:57 PM
What is my competitive advantage ??? You have to be kidding me... I have to sell you on Poosie???

My real advantage is I have a product that sells... people try it because they like the name ... they buy it again and again because of the great taste... and made with Real Sugar.

Are you sold yet?

The Cat is where it's at !!!

bravobravo
01-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Are you making profit or sales?

SumPoosieCat
01-27-2007, 06:24 AM
www.sumpoosiecat.com (http://www.sumpoosiecat.com) We have been in business since 2001. We have gone through several changes from glass to can and have recently changed a few things in our branding to give it more open appeal.

bravobravo
01-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Is SUM POOSIE CAT supposed to be a toned down as commpared to SUM POOSIE in order appeal to more of a mass market?

What happened to the original SUM POOSIE?

[ 01-27-2007, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: bravobravo ]

NRGSLLR@
01-29-2007, 11:10 AM
To quote Thomas O'Malley, (from the aristocats, in case you don't have kids) "Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at..."

SumPoosieCat
01-29-2007, 11:48 AM
The cat is where it's at !!!

We want the focus to be on the cat and not on the cats name... Poosie !

SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink lets us focus on the brand and on product quality and allows us to put to rest any dirty perception that people seemed to focus on. That is the reason we have removed the girl from the can in 2007 as well.

We want to show Poosie the Cat in a different light in 2007. We want everyone to know Poosie is cool.

greg
01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Are you making profit or sales? Hopefully BOTH!

greg
01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
The cat is where it's at !!!

We want the focus to be on the cat and not on the cats name... Poosie !

SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink lets us focus on the brand and on product quality and allows us to put to rest any dirty perception that people seemed to focus on. That is the reason we have removed the girl from the can in 2007 as well.

We want to show Poosie the Cat in a different light in 2007. We want everyone to know Poosie is cool. Well this past his prime republican do gooder prude likes the new approach!!! ;)

bravobravo
01-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Are you pricing cases lower in order to drum up sales to your distributors?

SumPoosieCat
01-29-2007, 05:15 PM
No... I have never had to discount SPC. Truth is we just raised the price to distributors due to metal prices going up.

Mr Zabe
01-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Just wondering how have your sales been since your name change or is it too soon to know? smile.gif

SumPoosieCat
01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
We will put out the new can March 15th, we are even looking at bringing back the glass bottles out west. It's early but I can tell you we have more orders for the new can right now than we did for the old can in November and December combined.

We expect the sugar free to come out a month later.

I have to admit the thought of adding glass to the mix is really exciting.... we shall see.

bravobravo
01-30-2007, 03:26 PM
What are the cases selling for?

bravobravo
02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKNVUlX-e0
There is some foul language in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEsb_QXqofg
This one doesn't make sense!

bravobravo
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
What is my competitive advantage ??? You have to be kidding me... I have to sell you on Poosie???

My real advantage is I have a product that sells... people try it because they like the name ... they buy it again and again because of the great taste... and made with Real Sugar.

Are you sold yet?

The Cat is where it's at !!! My problem is that I see your product getting two or three slots at the c-store, while the big boys are taking at least a full shelf. I do think your name will drum up sales and it could be a very strong sales point for your product. Getting a person to try to product is the first step in picking up repeat sales and I think you will have a good ability to create word of mouth advertising with it. I think you need to throw some of your own videos on You Tube.

Did you the make impeach Bush video?

Mr Zabe
02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
IMO...That's why in the start up of your C-Store business, you yourself have to bust your hump and service a "test" area to see how your product is received. The C-Store manager/owner will be more valuable than any other market research you could do (and much cheaper LOL).

IMO...after a short time (several months) of busting your hump,selling your program,providing some free labor ect you will get a good idea of how to market and sell to C-Stores.

IMO...Start slow and be very open to C-Store feedback. Moons ago I was told (family busness).."Hot sparks start big fires".

[ 02-01-2007, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

greg
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
NO, NO,NO,NO PLease don't tell me SPC had anything to do with the impeach Bush video. I don't say this as an affront for a politcal affillation I say this because if you did you just aleinated 50% of your potential consumer base!!!

It's always best to be apolitical. It worked for Michael Jordan and it will work for everyone else.

Hell, even the big corporations give money to BOTH parties not just one.

C'mon D say it aint so.......

bravobravo
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
IMO...That's why in the start up of your C-Store business, you yourself have to bust your hump and service a "test" area to see how your product is received. The C-Store manager/owner will be more valuable than any other market research you could do (and much cheaper LOL).

IMO...after a short time (several months) of busting your hump,selling your program,providing some free labor ect you will get a good idea of how to market and sell to C-Stores.

IMO...Start slow and be very open to C-Store feedback. Moons ago I was told (family busness).."Hot sparks start big fires". How many stores would you do with an initial test? Is there any regionality to this? Do you think you will get an accurate perception of your sales capabilities by only doing stores around your town?

SumPoosieCat
02-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Lol... I had nothing to do with that youtube stuff... It is kinda funny.. the impeach Bush I didn't get.....

SPC has done very well since I started it more than 5 years ago. We know it sells and we know it sells well. We are doing very well at all the Spencer stores nationwide. Our next step is C-stores and we intend on making great headway this year.... see you at NACS !!!

bravobravo
02-02-2007, 06:39 AM
r u profittable?

greg
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Lol... I had nothing to do with that youtube stuff... It is kinda funny.. the impeach Bush I didn't get.....

SPC has done very well since I started it more than 5 years ago. We know it sells and we know it sells well. We are doing very well at all the Spencer stores nationwide. Our next step is C-stores and we intend on making great headway this year.... see you at NACS !!! What a relief!!!!!

greg
02-02-2007, 01:12 PM
r u profittable? 9 posts and all of them are inquiring about price, profit, sales, etc about SPC.
hmmmmmmm??????????

I'm not saying,,,,I'm just saying.

SumPoosieCat
02-02-2007, 11:28 PM
You caught that too huh.... hmmmmmmm!

bravobravo
02-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bravobravo:
r u profittable? 9 posts and all of them are inquiring about price, profit, sales, etc about SPC.
hmmmmmmm??????????

I'm not saying,,,,I'm just saying. </font>[/QUOTE]\

what are you saying?