PDA

View Full Version : Jimi Hendrix Energy Drink

greg
01-25-2007, 10:23 AM
WOW, What a concept. Lets take a legendary rock guitarist and put his name on an Energy Drink.
I don't get it.
I am 41 years old and I was a fan of JH's years after his death.But I think that the ED market as a whole is somewhat younger than the demographics that will be attracted to anything Jimi Hendrix.

I have no problem with a celebrity or his/her estate selling the name for commercial purposes but to do it arbitrarily to any product that wishes to poney up the licensing fee is rediculous.

deepnenergy
01-25-2007, 10:30 AM
I agree, my teenager don't even know Jimi. Well it's another Von Douch here to day in a $ store tomorrow.

Hey Greg have you seen it? I would buy a can to keep.

o-ya, Greg were is my Red Line, I'm thirsty man, LOL

SumPoosieCat
01-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey Greg... are you guys doing the Arnold show in Columbus ? Ava Cowan wants to work in your booth!

Mr Zabe
01-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Well if the Jimmy Hendrix ED can has a thick doobie attached to it, JHED cans will fly off the shelf.LMAO

[ 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

greg
01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
Hey Greg... are you guys doing the Arnold show in Columbus ? Ava Cowan wants to work in your booth! We do it every year. Last year we did a 20 X 90 ft booth and it proved to be too much. We have scaled back down to our normal 20 X 50 booth this year.
Have her contact me at gregw@vpxpsorts.com to set things up. BTW, She will not be allowed to pimp SPC! LOL

SumPoosieCat
01-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Lol....

SumPoosieCat
01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
By the way... your email is gregw@vpxsports.com

Lol...

Mr Zabe
01-26-2007, 08:42 PM
LMAO....good one. LOL

upinarms
01-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow, energy drinks need to stop with this trend. I mean, granted Jimi Hendrix is probably one of the more popular and respected people to end up on a drink BUT, younger kids just arent as familiar with him than adults.

Plus, he was a musician! Not a wrestler like Hulk Hogan, at least with Hulk the idea of a drink made sense. But you mix that with his stupid reality show its just overkill.

When celebs start compromising their integrity to make a buck, people pick up on this and lose respect for them. Sure, for most money is more important, but in most cases it just makes them look silly and unwilling to bow gracefully from the limelight like most others do.

I mean, Hulk Hogan was a respect icon in his time. Kids looked up to him. A stupid reality show and a bad drink isn't going to bridge the gap from wrestling to retirement.

Same with someone like Ozzy Osborne. Goes from a rock icon to this incoherent babbling mess on his show, and then doing a Pepsi commerical on top of that.

Sorry, but these people obviously don't think enough of themselves if they end up peddling some crappy drink later in life.

And for someone like Hendrix, he is just too good for a stupid drink. Leave that sort of thing to Steven Seagal, or Mr. Rogers, or whatever declining star who will put his name on a doomed energy drink.

Mr Zabe
01-27-2007, 01:55 PM
For the right amount of money most greedy Hollywood types would sell their mother and father for their weight in gold. Sad but true for the most part.

Nick Laugher
01-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Mr. Rogers is dead...

Although, come to think of it, so is Hendrix... so nevermind, moot point.

upinarms
01-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
For the right amount of money most greedy Hollywood types would sell their mother and father for their weight in gold. Sad but true for the most part. Oh, definitely. I'm sure the point I'm trying to make is laughable to those who thinks money comes before everything.

But, when you achieve the amount of success in your field like Hulk Hogan did. Being a well respected and perhaps the most well known wrestler EVER, it just looks pathetic and desperate when you put your name on something stupid and unoriginal as an energy drink.

To go from wrestling icon to reality show puppet and energy drink peddler, is a huge compromise. His name alone could net him millions for the rest of his life, he just chose to use it in an overly corporate way. If he keeps going this route he'll be selling laxatives and life insurance by the time he's 70.

As for Jimi Hendrix, its just pathetic. Poor guy must be rolling in his grave. His fans and his name deserve way more than that. No musician should attach their name to an energy drink, let alone one of Hendrix's legendary status.

Brainy
01-29-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't want to defend this company but if the energy drink does not have his name or image on it and depending on how its marketed it may not be as bad as what people think. Just like Cocaine, it drew alot of publicity which led into distribution. As for longevity? Who knows but my guess is that it does not look good. If they are in it for the short hall and try to make a few % on their investment, they might get it.
Then again, if you want a few % in returns, its a lot less trouble by investing in monster.

Go monster. ;)

NRGSLLR@
01-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Up in Arms; What makes you think JHED is a respected person? Just because he could play a guitar while is was shooting heroin and dropping acid? Not my idea of respectable!

greg
01-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
By the way... your email is gregw@vpxsports.com

Lol... I was trying to confuse the under educated! LOL.
Sorry about that.

Mr Zabe
01-29-2007, 11:59 AM
IMO....Yes Jimmy Hendrix was a drug addict.
Yes he was stung out and wasted for the most part.

Have you sat down and listen his album "Are You Experienced", have you seen his performance on video at the Monterey Pop Festival????

IMO..Jimmy was one of the founding forefathers to acid rock,rock,pop and now even rap music. Tell me what creative innovator of music (modern or other wise) was not in some way messed up.

The music lives, the addicted died too young.

NRGSLLR@
01-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Let me see then I guess we should set up a addicts hall of fame, we could add, Elvis, Kirk Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, shall I go on? I still think we should give our respect were respect is due. Drug addicts whether they are talented or not don't deserve it. IMO