PDA

View Full Version : You have to be kidding !!!

SumPoosieCat
01-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Greg...is this sum kind of joke? Red Bull sent you guys a c and d letter? Your products are too simular? You have got to be kidding! Redline looks nothing like Red Bull. The packaging is different the product is different... is Red Bull claiming only they can use the letters red ???

NRGSLLR@
01-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I think Greg's company started the suit against Red Bull! Right Greg?

SumPoosieCat
01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Red Bull sent THEM a C and D !!!

greg
01-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
Red Bull sent THEM a C and D !!! You are both right.
RB sent us a C&D to which we responded with a lawsuit.
Our CEO took it like a champ. It obviously means we are on the radar.
That is all I can say about this.
G

Nick Laugher
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Redbull's really grasping at straws now, it's kinda sad.

deepnenergy
01-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Greg I heard about this a while back....is it still an issue? I want to turn you on to a company that kicked RB but and I think it will help out in winning on both counts.

Your nothing like the guys that won against RB before They are just like RB and won. PM me

Ron Swedelson
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Thats kind of crazy. I don't think Red Bull ever asked Blue OX to stop selling...thats more similar to Red Bull than Red Line...different drinks, I don't think Red Bull should win this one.

deepnenergy
01-30-2007, 01:01 PM
This will be an easy win, but what is cool you bet them you get the world DSD. You should be making it a media opp anyway, as I would hope you are???
**NEWS FLASH**

RED BULL BEING THE BULLY TO THE LITTLE GUY

greg
01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
We really can't play the "being bullied" defense. We instituted the lawsuit after the C & D. Technically we are the aggressor on this.

deepnenergy
01-30-2007, 03:59 PM
sounds to me that RB made the first move with the C&D.....

come at any one and their going to defend them self, thats all I see as someone from the GP, Don't everyone agree???? Lets do a poll....SPC?

SumPoosieCat
01-31-2007, 07:55 AM
I agree... if I was RB I would be a little more concerned with market share. In just a few years they have gone from king to prince.

greg
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
I agree... if I was RB I would be a little more concerned with market share. In just a few years they have gone from king to prince. SPC, I'm confused......You really don't think much of RB do you???? LOL

DJ HawaiianShirt
01-31-2007, 05:16 PM
All I have to say is, sic'em!

SumPoosieCat
01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Hey... I am glad Red Bull is around!!! As long as they can convince people its worth paying for 2 bucks for 8 ounce of their stuff... I am a happy man!!!

I have never seen any company dominate a category and that lose that dominance in just a few years. I think its a new record!

They were really slow to add anything to the 8 ounce offering and when they FINALLY did it seemed to be old news.

The thing that still drives me crazy is this... I can't and many others can't stand the taste of Red Bull... why not come out with a lemon lime or an orange that others like me can drink ???

Red Bull Orange and Vodka ???? Duh....

-VV-
02-01-2007, 11:35 AM
I think it's telling that Greg, despite having his difficulties with RBNA, still maintains a professional demeanor. And if anyone actually had a legitimate right to complain, I'd say he would definitely be among the top contenders. Yet, he chooses not to. In fact, I often see him praising RBNA and making positive statements about the company. Even his criticisms are made in a positive manner.

I think that attitude stands in stark contrast to some, who appear to be waiting on any news as a sign of RBNA's impending doom.

I guess what I'm saying is, we could all learn a lot from Greg. But those who stand to benefit the most from his example won't get it.

greg
02-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by -VV-:
I think it's telling that Greg, despite having his difficulties with RBNA, still maintains a professional demeanor. And if anyone actually had a legitimate right to complain, I'd say he would definitely be among the top contenders. Yet, he chooses not to. In fact, I often see him praising RBNA and making positive statements about the company. Even his criticisms are made in a positive manner.

I think that attitude stands in stark contrast to some, who appear to be waiting on any news as a sign of RBNA's impending doom.

I guess what I'm saying is, we could all learn a lot from Greg. But those who stand to benefit the most from his example won't get it. WOW, Thanks for such kind words. I do have respect for RB due to the fact that they didn't invent the energy category but executed a better marketing program than anyone else. You have to give them props for that alone amongst other things.i.e. effeciently built a mass distribution system in a few short years.
Furthermore, I have never been one to criticize those to which I wish to emmulate in some manner....in this case, Being #1.

-VV-
02-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by greg:
Furthermore, I have never been one to criticize those to which I wish to emmulate in some manner....in this case, Being #1. Some might call that wisdom.

And just for the record, despite the fact that I have a significant interest in the profitability and well-being of RBNA as a brand, I think RBNA's complaint with your company is completely ludicrous. The only similarity between your brands is three letters and a couple of ingredients shared by most every ED in existence.

I hope you get a formal apology after this is all said and done. I realize you can't comment on it more than you have so I'll be dropping it now.