PDA

View Full Version : Looking into upgrading from BIAB 2 can or possibly bottle! i need your expert advice!

climaxenergydrink
01-31-2007, 02:07 AM
As you well know CLIMAX has been in BIAB (3 & 5 gallon Bag in a Box) for a year now. We have come to this road where we are getting a large demand from the nightclub venue and convenience store operations to go into can or bottle to become more visible to a perspective consumers eye. Ultimately we are overwhelmed and in fact we have put together a distribution channel of 6-12 trucks and partnered with a well known distributor in the area to take CLIMAX to the next level !

Where do we go from here ?

What is easier 2 handle can or bottle ? i assume can ( less breakage) and what size can or if Bottle ?

**24 - 8.4 oz aluminum cans- cold fill carbonated only = $3.31 @ 6000 cases per sku min = $19,800 (very reliable source) the price includes everything but the support of the (cane sugar,base blend,flavor system,24 printed can bodies)

** Is this a good price ? and what should i expect from the bottle pricing ?

** What ingredients works well with cane sugar ( i do have a premix in mind ) with razz flavor to duplicate the BIAB concept but i assume they are different in many aspects (having a product in BIAB versus can or bottle ? what ingredients should i look out for i guess would be the better alternative question ?

MARKETING I HAVE COVERED (including an ad on bevnet) I AM USING MY OWN MONIES AND POSSIBLY BEING MORE CREATIVE THAN THE AVERAGE BEV COMPANY !! EXCLUDING COKE & PEPSI HAHAHAHA !!

working on a full blown web site for the can or bottle concept should be ready by 2020 just kidding !! i'll keep you updated !!

My overall business plan is projecting $40,000 (door to door) can it be done for less without hurting the quality of a competitive ed in the category ?

**IN CONCLUSION I ASSUME THAT JUST LIKE ANYTHING IT IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIMENTING AND SEEING WHAT WORKS FOR BOTH YOU AND YOUR PRODUCT ? IS THIS CORRECT ?

PLEASE EDUCATE ME IN THE MINOR BUT EXPECTED IMPERATIVE DETAILS OF THIS BUSINESS ? IF YOU SO KINDLY CAN IT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED ?

THANKS !!

your bevnet friend & associate,

CLIMAX
LENNY
climaxenergy@aol.com

NRGSLLR@
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Lenny,
If you plan on covering both the on premise and convenience retail channels of trade, I would suggest another package rather than 8.4oz can, that market is over saturated and dominated by red bull. It is also declining in percentage of total energy drink category. My suggestion would be to go 16oz can. I understand that 16oz may be too large for on premise, however, you say you have been in BIB for some time now. I suggest you stay BIB on premise and add the 16oz package for convenience stores.
Regarding flavors and sweeteners, I would suggest cane sugar if you are going to communicate a message of health and nutrition, if your message is simply "in your face" High Energy, Up all night, energy in a can, HFC would be ok, that consumer isn't concerned with the quality of ingredients, take Mountain Dew for example. Stay true to your original flavors and energy ingredients, if your customers are truly asking you to produce this ED, then your current profile must be good.

Try to stay DSD whereever you can, it is the only true way to judge the success of your brand.

climaxenergydrink
01-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Thank you NRGSLLR for the info i do appreciate it !! I am definitely going to stick with THE CANE SUGAR...NOT THAT HFCS CRAP...REITERATING WHAT EVERYBODY THINKS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT IS HEALTHIER IN THE END. But one of my many concerns is what will work with cane sugar in a bottle or can ?
BECAUSE having a product in a bag in a box in just syrup form than adding the seltzer (carbonation) 5-1 ratio out of the bar gun is different than having your composition in can or bottle am i correct, and i also think that your product will come out to be different tasting overall ?

I do want to stay true to the original concept ( the razz flavor with a alive & kickin premix ) !!

CLIMAX
L

greg
01-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by climaxenergydrink:

BECAUSE having a product in a bag in a box in just syrup form than adding the seltzer (carbonation) 5-1 ratio out of the bar gun is different than having your composition in can or bottle am i correct, and i also think that your product will come out to be different tasting overall ?

I do want to stay true to the original concept ( the razz flavor with a alive & kickin premix ) !!

CLIMAX
L You nailed it right there! It is going to be completely different to make drink in a can than the BIB. Everything changes now.It will take some time but it can be done. However, don't be freaked out if you can't get the exact taste. I have never had a soda out of a can taste as good as one out of the fountain or gun assuming the CO2 and Syrup is right.

SumPoosieCat
01-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Take it from someone who knows.... stay away from glass!!! It is the best but with shipping rates the way they are and available glass is at times difficult cans are the way to go right now.

Stay with Cane Sugar and work on a great can design.

climaxenergydrink
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
i knew the appropriate respected bevnet members would help out !!

Thank you !!!

8.4 oz is ok greg,SPC or would you go with a larger to differentiate yourself from the crowd ?

I would actually like to make something customized but i don't know if the numbers will work !! i would have to add propably an extra (just throwing the number in the air ) $50k for 6000 cases !!

so now we are looking at at least 100k and i don't have access to that right now !!

i would assume there is always room to UPGRADE but i would think everybody would get used to the actual can and brand and by customizing it would confuse your consumer eventually?

EVEN THOUGH IT CAN BE CONSIDERED THE NEW LOOK OF YOUR BRAND .

WHAT ARE THE CRUCIAL THINGS I NEED TO INCORPORATE INTO THE NEXT STEP (FROM BIB 2 CAN ) ?

CLIMAX
L