PDA

View Full Version : Not going to be good for anyone.

Joey
02-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I spent the last hour reading acout a new E-drink coming out soon called Matrix. The problem with this product is that it contains an ingredient known as "methylhexaneamine". This compound is supposed to be used as a nasal decongestant. The effects from it are similar to amphetamine. I personally experimented with it a while back and felt is was too unsafe to put in a product at all, let alone a beverage to try to take mainstream (which is their plan). From the info I have gathered it is illegal to use this compound for anything other than a nasal decongestant. If this product hits the shelf it will bring a wave of bad press to the energy drink market which would be bad news for many of us on this board. If you have some extra time on your hands I suggest reading through this link and post your thoughts on this.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1238161

It starts getting good around the second page.

greg
02-02-2007, 08:28 PM
First off, NICE BOTTLE! It looks exactly like REDLINES!(www.ibe-technology.com)
2nd-I'm not sure this will be able to gain that much traction outside the gym network. GNC won't take it, neither will The Vitamin Shoppe. The "methylhexaneamine" will keep it out.
We used to have synephrine in REDLINE and nobody would touch it unless we took it out and it was nowhere as controversial as this compound.
Furthermore, to get serious mass distribution will be hard because Mass merchants usually don't pick up products whose compounds they never heard off.If they are interested then they will have legal do their research on it and will stay away. This will be relegated to the C & D level distributors....similar to Cocaine distributors, and have to rely on independent stores to build the brand.

[ 02-02-2007, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

Joey
02-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Greg, Does VPX own right to that bottle design?

deepnenergy
02-03-2007, 12:48 PM
who makes this stuff??? are they trying to make crack in a can??? Is not that stuff their putting into it the same stuff that kids are trying to get high on that I'm hearing on the news??? like I heard that some kids OD on a nasal decongestant trying to get the high from it... Yes your right it can bring bad press to the independent ED manufacture. if it gets out I can see the laws changing "to protect" the GP, IMO.

NOT GOOD, GUYS

greg
02-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I read more on BB.com and opne poster made a comment about PA. PA is Patrick Arnold. He did about a year I think in Minimum Security for his part in the BALCO scandal. He is very intelligent but at the same time really, really, really skirts the boundaries of legality. The active ingredient that he has used in AMP is what Matrix is using. Perhaps this is where Matrixs'founders found the compound. The Sports Nutrition is famous for being ripping off other peoples ideas. That is why so many Sports Nutrition products have "proprietary blends" in their nutritional content.

deepnenergy
02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
So Greg this is not the same thing we are hearing about???

Nick Laugher
02-05-2007, 07:20 PM
This sounds bad. I wish people would stop trying to push the envelope in such irresponsible and stupid ways. Stick to herbs and caffeine, people.

greg
02-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by deepnenergy:
So Greg this is not the same thing we are hearing about??? ????? I don't understand the question.