PDA

View Full Version : SoBe Essential Energy - Anyone Tried It?

jacksmom
02-09-2007, 02:01 PM
I just picked up two cans of this today - I have a SoBe Essential Energy Orange Flavor and SoBe Essential Energy Berry Pomegranate. They are in 16 oz. cans in the ED section of the grocery store. I haven't seen them before. Anyone tried them? I'm just curious if they're any good. It lists the caffeine content as 48 mg per 8 fl. oz and 96 mg per 16 oz., so considerably less than your "average" ED.

climaxenergydrink
02-09-2007, 02:30 PM
pomegranate....very sweet !!!! but interesting !!

CLIMAX

mofizz
02-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I like them both however they are more like a juice than an energy drink. I bet the orange would make one hell of a screwdriver.

Nick Laugher
02-10-2007, 02:26 PM
These won't make it here for a while (if ever), but I'm excited to try them.

I hate living in Canada, I miss out on all the good ED's.

BluejacketT
02-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I've seen the orange flavored one in a store. I'll probably wait 'till next before I try 'em.

Harris freeman
02-10-2007, 05:51 PM
In 1998 Sobe introdued Essentials in a varity of green tea blends.

Harris freeman
02-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Introduced

Red Sox fan
02-10-2007, 06:38 PM
How many energy sku's does pepsi now have? Between all the sobe flavors/packages, Amp flavors packages, has to be between 10-15. Pepsi now has almost as many if not more Energy SKU's as they do of CSD!! Really getting INSANE!

Nationally Pepsi is still behind Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar, and Coke NA portfolio in the energy category. I'm suprised they just don't buy one of the indies instead throwing all this crap at the wall to see if anything sticks.

In the past Pepsi has always bought out proven brands (Gatorade/Sobe) rather than try and develop their own brands in categories where they are getting beat. Isn't this one of the ways they have been able to beat coke recently? Why would the energy category be any different?

Seems odd to me that they would depart from what has been a rather succesful strategy overall.

pepsipimp
02-10-2007, 11:54 PM
The Berry was good, Orange just OK... Heres my pic from the main board
http://i3.tinypic.com/4bxwoye.jpg

[ 02-10-2007, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: pepsipimp ]

Red Sox fan
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Red Sox fan:
How many energy sku's does pepsi now have? Between all the sobe flavors/packages, Amp flavors packages, has to be between 10-15. Pepsi now has almost as many if not more Energy SKU's as they do of CSD!! Really getting INSANE!

Nationally Pepsi is still behind Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar, and Coke NA portfolio in the energy category. I'm suprised they just don't buy one of the indies instead throwing all this crap at the wall to see if anything sticks.

In the past Pepsi has always bought out proven brands (Gatorade/Sobe) rather than try and develop their own brands in categories where they are getting beat. Isn't this one of the ways they have been able to beat coke recently? Why would the energy category be any different?

Seems odd to me that they would depart from what has been a rather succesful strategy overall. Wow, looks like I wasn't far off on this prediction..Pepsi just signed a distro agreement with Hansens for Canada. While this isn't exactly a buyout, definitely a sign of things to come in my opinion.

Figured it was a matter of time before Pepsi woke up and figured out their ED's weren't working and looked to the indies for a lil help!

Nick Laugher
02-12-2007, 05:06 PM
That's awesome!