PDA

View Full Version : C1.5 and other Energy Drink Reviews

greg
02-15-2007, 12:01 PM
In the review of C1.5 Bevnet did not say one thing about the Energy that this "ENERGY" drink provided.
I have also noticed on several other reviews for energy drinks that the review focuses more on presentaion and flavor and rarely if ever does it give a review of the ENERGY the drink it provides.
Monster's review brings up a flavor change and does not mention one thing about energy.
Go Fast mentions taste as well with no mention of Energy.RED BULL original has a dissertation about the brand and its power and shortcomings but no mention of Energy.
I thought people bought Energy drinks to provide Energy first and have flavor second. If that is not the case then they would all be buying sodas.
Am I wrong on this?

deepnenergy
02-15-2007, 12:09 PM
YOU ARE SO RIGHT Greg!!!!! I Thought it was reviews on "Energy" Drinks??? I think we need to talk more on this subject. In other countries there are standards to be meet to even be called an ED, why are we so dam lazy not impose a standard, I say it time to band together before this market suffers because of the extreme growth in the category.

climaxenergydrink
02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
CJ BRING IT TO THE FOREFRONT LIKE WE DISCUSSED ?

In other countries there are standards to be meet to even be called an ED, why are we so dam lazy not impose a standard, I say it time to band together before this market suffers because of the extreme growth in the category.

It truly is an interesting subject just like cj mentioned, But just like anything it will propably boil down to POLITICS. Before an energy drink or ed like product comes out on the market it first must be approved by a panel of experienced professionals ie.. ceo's of experienced ed company ( well respected ), flavor house ceo, chemist,co-packers etc..a person from every facet of the creation of an ed. THERE ARE TWO MANY PEOPLE THAT CAN MAKE THE INVESTMENT $$$ NOT TIME AND I REITERATE DO NOT HAVE THE PASSION like all of us and whom like to benefit from somebody elses hard work. This would essentially weed all the so called start up companys that are in for the short run and want to make there $$$ and get out !!

CLIMAX
Lenny

greg
02-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Ok Guys, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. My whole premise is that when Bevnet does a review on Energy Drinks it rarely even mentions the "energy" part of the drink. It focuses more on presentation and flavor. I think that the main premise of an energy drink review should be the energy provided by such drink and the flavor can be secondary.
If the drink gets you jacked say so and then say it taste like the working side of a horse or that it taste great, good etc.

climaxenergydrink
02-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey greg & members ... i have an idea maybe bevnet can have a seperate ranking for each intricate detail 1-10 with there review or stars for that matter:

REDLINE

1. graphics (presentation) 10 out of 10
2. overall taste ( fruit punch) 9 out of 10
3. boost of energy (jacked) 10 out of 10 ** 250mg it better be !! hahaha
average it out for the rating : 9.6

ofcourse there are plenty of components you must consider:

Being your actual weight and body make up and personal opinion
* a person that is 5 foot 7 and weighs 175 lbs is not going to have the same effect of energy as a 6 foot 2 230 lb
ofcourse !!!

CLIMAX
Lenny

ALLPRO
02-15-2007, 08:09 PM
This has always been my biggest complaint about the ED Industry. Most of these energy drinks do nothing in terms of effectivness. Most of them are hybrid csd's. Hardcore/Extreme Energy Drinks is going to dominate the business in the next few years. Here are some hard numbers (I have scan reports to back this up)
In Northern California, 2 of the top 8 Energy Drinks in 7-11 are Redline and Spike Shooter based on weekly scan reports from the stores. In Colorado, Spike Shooter is literally selling over 300 cans per week in 7-11's (That is not a typo-300 cans a week!) Spike is selling 3 cans to every 1 can of Red Bull in those stores. Those numbers are not based on any "deals". Spike Shooter sells for $2.19 per can/same as Red Bull.
Consumers are catching on to these "real" energy drinks. I know all of you Pepsi-Coke-Red Bull guys are going to argue this, but these Hardcore ED's are for real.

SumPoosieCat
02-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Remember... there are different types of ED users! Example... I drink energy drinks for the taste and because I am thirsty. When I want a rush ... Example... before my workout in the morning a Ripped Force or Redline is very nice.

If I am not going to workout I drink 16 ounce ED's ... If I am going to workout in the morning Ripped or Redline. I never drink a Ripped or Redline if I am thirsty.

deepnenergy
02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
OK, I got to say this........When ever you produce a product that personalizes a figure, no matter if it is Rap star, sports figure, race car driver, or even a cartoon you have already split your market.
There are people (lots) that can't stand Lil Jon so they will not buy his Crunk no matter what. There will be a Very Large number that either don't like this guy doing C1.5 as a ball player or are rivals of the team he plays for and so there is a loss of share and it not even in the market yet.

and thats all I got to say about that...

AllProDist
02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
SPC-You actually drink an Energy Drink if your thirsty?? ED's were not made to quench thirst. Why would you drink a caffeinated (diruetic)loaded beverage to quench your thirst? Plus pay over $2.50 per can. Can I make a suggestion......WATER! Or if you want to get real crazy...Gatorade
Energy Drinks were made to give consumers energy or wings or whatever the term you want to plug in. "Drink Red Bull...It quenches your thirst"

SumPoosieCat
02-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I have to disagree... yes water would be best but I have a hard time drinking it.

If ED's were for energy and energy only... everyone would drink Redline. There are 16 and 24 ounce ED's because people use it as a beverage... like me ! :D

AllProDist
02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
The reason companies came out with bigger sizes of ED's was not to quench your thirst. 24oz Sizes were developed for the comsumer who wants more energy than they got from 8oz and 16oz. Hell I have even seen 1 liter bottles of ED's being sold as single size.
SPC, I would love to send you some samples of Spike Shooter. Not only does it jack you up, it taste incredible. PM me, so I can send you 4-pack. Like Redline, it is 8 ounces of pure adrenalyn! Like Sum Poosie, it is carbonated and has an incredible flavor.

Android
02-25-2007, 06:06 AM
In Colorado, Spike Shooter is literally selling over 300 cans per week in 7-11's (That is not a typo-300 cans a week!) Spike is selling 3 cans to every 1 can of Red Bull in those stores. Those numbers are not based on any "deals". Spike Shooter sells for $2.19 per can/same as Red Bull.

Not any more!!....

Colorado High School Bans Energy Drink

By CHASE SQUIRES Sunday, February 25, 2007

DENVER - A high school banned a caffeine-packed energy drink and 7-Eleven pulled it from Colorado stores after some students said it made them sick and shaky and caused their hearts to race.

About a half-dozen students became sick in the last two weeks and two were hospitalized after drinking Spike Shooter, made by Biotest Laboratories LLC. All recovered within hours, said Dennis Vigil, assistant principal at Doherty High School in Colorado Springs.

A warning on the can says the drink isn't meant for anyone under 18, said Biotest spokesman Tom DeNardin. The drink contains roughly the same amount of caffeine as two to three five-ounce cups of coffee.

"It's not targeted at all toward high school (students)," DeNardin said. "That is not what the intent was."

7-Eleven Inc. pulled the drink from all 222 of its company-owned stores in Colorado after the school asked nearby stores to limit sales to students, spokeswoman Margaret Chabris said. The corporation had never recommended Spike Shooter to its stores and it was not distributed by the company's approved suppliers, she said.

"Because of the concern about the reaction with the kids, and because it was not a recommended product, we told all the stores to take it off the shelves," Chabris said.

A company Web site says Spike Shooter contains 300 milligrams of caffeine per 8.4 ounces. By comparison, a five-ounce cup of coffee contains on average 80 to 115 milligrams of caffeine, according to the London-based International Coffee Organization.

The Web site carries a warning suggesting consumers "Begin use with one-half can to determine tolerance." At the top of the cans a warning says consumers should "Read label before drinking."

The Web site says Spike Shooter should not be consumed by people taking certain other medications or if they have high blood pressure or a number of other conditions. It adds, "Keep out of reach of children."

rudeman2000
03-17-2007, 02:25 AM
can someone please tell me where i can buy the spike shooter drink in San Francisco CA ??? i've posted this question on other forums n got ridiculous replies as follows :mad: :

"it's available everywhere"
"i never have any trouble finding it"

Can someone be intelligent enough to post exactly "where" can this drink be bought - i've tried a few local 7-11's in SF (the one on taraval) and they haven't even heard of this one :(

BriGuy20
03-31-2007, 12:00 PM
My local 7-11 has energy shots right at the counter. I can't remember what brand, but they're about 2-3 ounces and in little Carolina-liquor-style minibottles.

I'm sure if you poke around the checkout at a few convenience stores (7-11, gas stations, drugstores, etc) you'll eventually find some sort of energy shot.

illusionh20
04-14-2007, 05:42 AM
In the review of C1.5 Bevnet did not say one thing about the Energy that this "ENERGY" drink provided.
I have also noticed on several other reviews for energy drinks that the review focuses more on presentaion and flavor and rarely if ever does it give a review of the ENERGY the drink it provides.
Monster's review brings up a flavor change and does not mention one thing about energy.
Go Fast mentions taste as well with no mention of Energy.RED BULL original has a dissertation about the brand and its power and shortcomings but no mention of Energy.
I thought people bought Energy drinks to provide Energy first and have flavor second. If that is not the case then they would all be buying sodas.
Am I wrong on this?

Hmmm, if you want to know the so called "Energy" impact in reviews try google. Plenty of websites now explore the "Energy" hit.

If you were to conduct reviews of this nature where the burst of energy was to be measured, then it would become more of a scientific review.
Bevnet reviews would have to move to a research facility at a university.

I believe Energy drinks taste is as important as the "energy" factor, thats why Red Bulls dominance is being challenged in the USA, Red Bulls taste factor is not that impressive, and the "energy" content in comparison to some USA brands is not that great.

Caffeine currently stands as one of the most important "Energy" factors. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine)

In any case check out wikipedia,

Energy drink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_drink)

greg
04-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Hmmm, if you want to know the so called "Energy" impact in reviews try google. Plenty of websites now explore the "Energy" hit.

If you were to conduct reviews of this nature where the burst of energy was to be measured, then it would become more of a scientific review.
Bevnet reviews would have to move to a research facility at a university.

I disagree. No one needs a research facility to drink a drink and see if it gives them energy. If that were the case then ED's would not sell very well.
I can walk into 7-11 buy an energy drink and guzzle down out on the sidewalk. In a perfect World I would know within 5-10 minutes if it gives me an energy boost or not. No sophisticated measureing devices, graphs, logs to carry out, etc.