PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry about "HOOAH!"

Nick Laugher
02-15-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm very interested to know how they can label this product an Energy Drink.

It contains no caffeine, first of all.
Second of all, it contains no energy giving ingredients...

here are the ingredients:

Water, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Fructose, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavours, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Sucralose, FD&C Red 40.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds like a can of Fruit Punch to me... someone please explain to me how this is an energy drink?

greg
02-15-2007, 02:14 PM
There is belief in the world that anything that has carbohydrates in it is in and of itself an energy product.
The theory goes that the carbs,Maltodextrin, Dextrose, and Fructose are all used during energy consumption therefore they must have energy value, while in essence they contain caloric value. That is where the theory gets muddled. A laymens definition of a calorie is: a unit used to express the heat output of an organism and the fuel or energy value of food.
With that being said I guess you can call a lollipop an Energy Source.

Also.......I thought everyone knew thet FD&C Red # 40 was the equivalent of about 6 cups of coffee!

deepnenergy
02-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by greg:
There is belief in the world that anything that has carbohydrates in it is in and of itself an energy product.
The theory goes that the carbs,Maltodextrin, Dextrose, and Fructose are all used during energy consumption therefore they must have energy value, while in essence they contain caloric value. That is where the theory gets muddled. A laymens definition of a calorie is: a unit used to express the heat output of an organism and the fuel or energy value of food.
With that being said I guess you can call a lollipop an Energy Source.

Also.......I thought everyone knew thet FD&C Red # 40 was the equivalent of about 6 cups of coffee! YEP, I get up every morning and have a heaping spoon full of my R #40......Great stuff, LOL