greg
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
[ 02-16-2007, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

deepnenergy
02-16-2007, 11:33 AM
good call bro.......

Ron Swedelson
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Whats with the "Flatline" news title? The Sacramento guy saying he felt like he was having a heart attack after drinking 2. Doesnt the can say to drink only half. Red Line is definatly not a typical energy drink. I wonder if this guy has slept in the past 3 days?

greg
02-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by deepnenergy:
good call bro....... Thanks, I came to my senses.

greg
02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
Whats with the "Flatline" news title? The Sacramento guy saying he felt like he was having a heart attack after drinking 2. Doesnt the can say to drink only half. Red Line is definatly not a typical energy drink. I wonder if this guy has slept in the past 3 days? Where was the story about personal responsibilty?
If you have never had an energy drink before, as he stated, why do you automatically suck down 2?

deepnenergy
02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
another reason we need a EDMA and dumb a** people won't have legs to stand by a clame like that.....I really want to do this can't you tell???

CStoreCatMan
02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
Whats with the "Flatline" news title? The Sacramento guy saying he felt like he was having a heart attack after drinking 2. Doesnt the can say to drink only half. Red Line is definatly not a typical energy drink. I wonder if this guy has slept in the past 3 days? Where was the story about personal responsibilty?
If you have never had an energy drink before, as he stated, why do you automatically suck down 2? </font>[/QUOTE]Greg - I like you and respect you. But, I have to say it seems to me if Redline IS this strong and REQUIRES a warning label...it should not be sitting on the shelf next to Red Bull and Monster. You can drink 8 red bulls and be fine...but some people are drinking just 1 Redline and calling poison control.

Personal responsibility? No..not when you can pick up this drink at your local 7-eleven - you shouldn't have to think twice about gulping down a beverage you get at a popular store.

What about corporate responsibility? If this stuff is even potentially harmful to an unknowing consumer...why is it available to so many of them? A little warning label isn't enough if VPX wants to continue selling in the mainstream market...IMO.

Thanks,
Catman

deepnenergy
02-16-2007, 04:50 PM
wow well at least you know what your up against! Well put like a lawyer, Catman but stop trying to scare my friend Greg....... smile.gif

greg
02-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the support DEEP but I'm not scared.
REDLINE has been scrutinized by the Worlds largest retailer and their army of lawyers and it has been sitting on their shelfs for about a year now. Furthermore, the Worlds largest nutrition retailer, one that holds products up to a higher standard than any retailer could, also has seen fit to place our product on their shelves.

We have been commended in the courts on our warning label, contrary to what many believe is a signal of our admission of its danger. VPX as well as many others in the FDA, Courts, FTC, etc believe that ALL energy drinks should have a warning label on them as well as an age restriction statement.
I hear cases everyday about kids downing NyQuil for a buzz, Huffing household cleaners, doing whippets with Whipped cream cans, etc. The bottom line is that REDLINE is no more potentially dangerous than a lot of products currently on the market.
The end result is that Americans need to take personal responsibilty for themselves and not make assumptions about products.
We place a more than adequate warning label on our product to let consumers know of its intensity. It is the consumers responsibility to educate himself about a product before ingesting it if he or she has never used the product before, does that not make sense? Furthermore, Does not paying alomost 2 time the normal price for an 8oz energy drink send up any signals about what you are getting?

About people calling poison control I would like to point out that 4 of the people that called stated they used a POWDERED concentrated version of REDLINE. We have never produced a powdered version of REDLINE so those numbers may be skewed just a bit.

AllProDist
02-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Rockstar, Monster and Redbull all clearly state on the side of their cans "not recommended for children" In California, a child is anyone under 18 years of age. But every day, thousands of "children" in California are guzzling down 24oz Rockstars or Monsters or grabbing 2 or 3 Red Bulls to get a buzz. At least Redline and other drinks in that category are labeling exactly who their product is for. Out here in California, 7-11 stores are not allowed to sell Redline to anyone under 18. Why doesn't the same thing apply to all the other ED's who have bascially the same warning on the can. If that happend, Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull would see their sales drop at least 30 to 40% Teenagers are a big part of ED's core business. I would rather have a 17 year old drink 1/2 a Redline than guzzling down a 24oz Rockstar or Monster. All that HFCS and cheap raw ingredients just to get a buzz......please!

climaxenergydrink
02-16-2007, 11:21 PM
greg as i said in the past, i believe the product is perfect for the lifestyle ie. working out and intense physical activity ie. construction.I personally enjoy the product in 8 oz and buy it by the case and average just one a day and i might add that it is " THE MOST POWERFUL ENERGY DRINK " I have ever taken in the past four years. I am 6 foot about 210 lbs and i feel the freak and the adrenaline boost min after drinking it. i take it in the morn about 6:00am before i am about to pick up 40,000 lbs of garbage or after my route which is usually 4 hours later during my workout at the gym. ***The only thing i do regret is taking it without anything in my stomach " LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS BE ANOTHER BURRITO SCENARIO" so i will correct that the next time i take a chug!!
But overall i have to say that we as the suppliers of these products must EDUCATE these perspective consumers. MORE IMPORTANTLY must put these warning labels right in front of there faces, clear as can be because if you do not stress the concern than how does a consumer know !! Don't get me wrong there are those exceptions like the kid thats on medication 19 years old that heard from his friend about REDLINE and enjoys one but doesnt realize the 250mg caffeine content mixed with his heart medication doesn't mix well and we can go on, on...... IF ALL OF US AMERICANS CAN DRINK & EAT IN MODERATION THAN WE WOULD NOT HAVE THE OVERWHELMING OBESITY FACTOR & COUNTLESS INCIDENTS IN THE ED INDUSTRY!! LASTLY WE ALL KNOW IT BOILS DOWN TO COMMON SENSE AND WE TRULY DON'T WANT TO GO THERE !!

CLIMAX
Lenny

greg
02-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Climax,
I see your point but how far does the manufacturer have to go to educate the masses. Should I have to stand at the cooler door and every time someone grabs my drink have to give him a dissertation about the product?
Labels are for two things: Tell the consumer what your product is and tell them what it is for or about.REDLINE does that explicitly. We do not try and hide anything from the consumer. As a matter of fact we OUTLINE the warning label to set off from other information.
Is there a warning label on the windshield of a car about the use of safety belts? No , it is on the underside of the visor. It is not right beside the moniker on the fender.
Manufactures do have a responsibilty to warn their consumers of potential adverse reactions and we feel, and as I stated so have courts, that we have more than aedquately given the consumer the information he needs to make a decesion about the use of our product. Whether or not that consumer heeds the information is their responsibilty.

One more thing that REDLINE does that I am pretty sure no other ED does. It is part of our Distributor contract that REDLINE is not to be used or sold to establishments that sell alcohol by the drink, that icludes bars, taverns, saloons, etc. We do not promote mixing REDLINE with alcohol. We are one of the only companies I know that expressly makes this point. Does anyother ED manufacturer make this same claim?

So for those that think VPX Sports is a rogue manufacturer that has set out to sell a high intensity energy drink with no regard for the consumer I beg you to think again.

post script- If someone who is taking heart medicine does not realize that he should not be taking any product that may contain stimulants then that is his and his Doctors fault. Seriously! I don't take anything for my heart and I know that if I did take a product that may boost heart rate or provide energy I should stay away from it.

climaxenergydrink
02-17-2007, 09:57 AM
greg i absolutely agree with you !! we all can learn from an experienced professional !! YOU CAN'T CONTROL WHAT PEOPLE DO !! i ofcourse wasn't bashing the REDLINE product but it is consumers that have no common sense and abuse any or every product that put them in a horrid predicament and than return blame the supplier and the media gets hold of it and it gets put on a BEVERAGE INDUSTRY POST etc... !! I do respect the fact that you don't sell to establishments that sell alcohol i agree it can be harmful to I REITERATE YOUNG ADULTS ... THAT WAS WHY I ULTIMATELY STOPPED SELLING COCAINE ED BECAUSE THERE WAS A BIG DEMAND FOR IT IN THE NIGHTCLUBS AND BARS AND I SAID I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE THIS ON MY CONSCIUOS AND ULTIMATELY IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO !!!

CLIMAX
Lenny

greg
02-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Climax,
I didn't take it as you bashing the product. You didn't come across that way at all. No harm , No Foul.

After I wrote that post about warning labels it dawned on me about the psyche of the consumer. Cigarettes have labels that pretty much say that you will get cancer if you smoke as well as may have heart problems yet the tobacco industry still generates billions in sales every year. If thats not making a statement about consumers attitudes of risk and behavior I don't know what is.

-VV-
02-17-2007, 11:49 AM
T
The end result is that Americans need to take personal responsibilty for themselves and not make assumptions about products.http://img115.exs.cx/img115/7404/yes2bb.gif

Mr Zabe
02-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Greg,
A good number of food and drink consumers never take the time to read labels. The old phrase "ignorance is no excuse to not obey a law" seems to also hold true for consumer products.

CStoreCatMan
02-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the support DEEP but I'm not scared.
REDLINE has been scrutinized by the Worlds largest retailer and their army of lawyers and it has been sitting on their shelfs for about a year now. Furthermore, the Worlds largest nutrition retailer, one that holds products up to a higher standard than any retailer could, also has seen fit to place our product on their shelves. A large NUTRITION retailer is much different than a 7-Eleven or convenience store. People who shop nutrition stores generally do their homework before buying. I shouldn't have to be afraid of a cold beverage sitting in the vault next to Pepsi, Red Bull or Coke.

I hear cases everyday about kids downing NyQuil for a buzz, Huffing household cleaners, doing whippets with Whipped cream cans, etc. The bottom line is that REDLINE is no more potentially dangerous than a lot of products currently on the market.Sniffing glue and/or cleaners (intentionally) is much different than picking up a cold drink from a c-store and expecting to drink a refreshing beverage...and then being shocked by the overwhelming effects.

We place a more than adequate warning label on our product to let consumers know of its intensity. It is the consumers responsibility to educate himself about a product before ingesting it if he or she has never used the product before, does that not make sense? Furthermore, Does not paying alomost 2 time the normal price for an 8oz energy drink send up any signals about what you are getting? .If the warning label was "more than adequate" I don't think we would be hearing these scary stories. Additionally, Red Bull tested their 16oz can in Vegas for almost $4 - price doesn't mean anything on its own.

Greg - please understand I'm not trying to pick on you or Redline. I'm playing the devil's advocate to spark some thinking and discussion about the big picture here. I have my opinions of course, but honestly think this is more complicated than just saying people should educate themselves. My point is, if they are picking up a cold drink at a c-store why should they have to research the product and/or its safety before drinking it?!?

This product doesn't fit in this channel of business in my opinion. Nurtition stores = great. Perhaps a "nutrition section" of other retailers = great. On the shelf next to a bunch of other products that won't affect a person in this way = not too great. Just my two cents man...

greg
02-21-2007, 06:16 PM
My point concerning a large nutriiton store is that they have had their lawyers examine our product and found it safe to use and our labelling appropriate. They are held to a higher standard due to their scrutinuy by the FDA and FTC based on label claims.

2nd point. I hate to harp on it but personal responsibility and knowing what you are purchasing has to be taken into account here. My point was and is that everything that can get you high in a grocery store banning alcohol does not have age restrictions printed on them. My product does. Moreover, even though RB tested their 16oz at $4 means nothing, they were selling you twice the amount of product for twice the price. REDLINE is the same amount of product for TWICE the price...does that beg the question...what makes it so expensive? I should investigate.

3rd point- Many, and I mean many people see opportunity in taking advantage of a few adverse reported effects. We have tried to contact the person in question in this story but have had no success. If he were serious he would have had an attorney contact us, but none so far.

REDLINE is a new generation of Energy Drink. The Caffeine, taurine, sugar, B Vitamins profile isn't cutting it anymore(IMO it never did) so someone is filling a void for the consumers. We offer real energy not a sugar high. It is a natural progression that products get better in a capitalistic economy. If that wasn't true we would still be using abacus' to count our coin and you and I would not be having this discussion over this medium.

Bill Brasky
02-21-2007, 07:23 PM
It should have a warning label. I can't even function after drinking one of those and let it be known I regularly drink in the neighborhood of 48oz of other energy drinks each and every day. No joke.

Love the product for what it is... but everything should come with a warning.

Coco Rico
02-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Greg,

I think both you and CStoreCatMan make some very good points. Bottom line if you have a quality product (which many on here seem to think you do) and if you have the research to support your claims of your product's efficacy and safety - you should have nothing to worry about.

You are experiencing to some degree the demonization and misinformation that Red Bull endured when they first came to market. In fact at that time, people began wrongly accusing Red Bull for side effects people experienced while consuming beverages containing ephedrine - an ingredient Red Bull has never contained.

I will concede however that perhaps you are a part of a different category of more potent beverages and that placing them next to the Red Bulls and Rockstars of the world misleads consumers as to the effect they will receive.

As we all know, the current category of e-drinks is walking a tight rope between status quo and government regulation - unfortunately a misunderstood drink like yours could push it over the edge...

greg
02-22-2007, 12:47 PM
It should have a warning label. I can't even function after drinking one of those and let it be known I regularly drink in the neighborhood of 48oz of other energy drinks each and every day. No joke.

Love the product for what it is... but everything should come with a warning.

IT does have a warning label on it. Our label goes far beyond anything else on the market today. It goes way past the "Not intended for children and pregnant women " statement found on most if not all other mainstream energy drinks.

greg
02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Coco,
Thanks for the kind words.
However, both you and CStoreCatMan think REDLINE should not be merchandised with the other energy drinks. Where do you think it should be merchandised? It is clearly an energy drink.
I know they sell the 5.5 beer next to the 3.2 beer. I know they sell Sugar Free Soda next to the regular soda. They had no problem selling Jolt cola out of the same door as the regular colas. The sell Vitamnin Water next to regular water.
My point is that REDLINE is a natural progression of the energy drink category. Just because it is different doesn't mean it needs to be outcast to some warm shelf in the back of the store.
Believe me REDLINE is just the beginning. There are more drinks out there waiting for the resources and capital to go mainstream. Like I said, it is a new generation of Energy Drinks.

deepnenergy
02-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Coco,
Thanks for the kind words.
However, both you and CStoreCatMan think REDLINE should not be merchandised with the other energy drinks. Where do you think it should be merchandised? It is clearly an energy drink.
I know they sell the 5.5 beer next to the 3.2 beer. I know they sell Sugar Free Soda next to the regular soda. They had no problem selling Jolt cola out of the same door as the regular colas. The sell Vitamnin Water next to regular water.
My point is that REDLINE is a natural progression of the energy drink category. Just because it is different doesn't mean it needs to be outcast to some warm shelf in the back of the store.
Believe me REDLINE is just the beginning. There are more drinks out there waiting for the resources and capital to go mainstream. Like I said, it is a new generation of Energy Drinks.

Amen Greg,
He is right there is a new GEN for EDs and we are watching and building. See I look at RL as a learning block even greater then RB or Monster. Yea they have great market share but soon it will take a turn to more innovative beverages with a out of the box marketing.... I will agree that the PP for RL is a little high BUT there is a real reason and not just because they are increasing their price to meet their profit margin projections.

stonedwookie
02-23-2007, 03:40 AM
im wondering how strong is redline compared say to endorush?
i have tryed endorush its pretty strong stuff but i hear redlines even better.
what do you guys think?

CStoreCatMan
02-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Greg,

I will concede however that perhaps you are a part of a different category of more potent beverages and that placing them next to the Red Bulls and Rockstars of the world misleads consumers as to the effect they will receive.

As we all know, the current category of e-drinks is walking a tight rope between status quo and government regulation - unfortunately a misunderstood drink like yours could push it over the edge...

This is my main point. I think Redline belongs to a higher potency sub-category of energy drinks perhaps - or even a new branch of energy drinks. But my concern, as pointed out by CR is that placing them next to the mainstream drinks IS misleading to the consumer, warning label or not. I think that these kinds of misunderstandings could affect the government regulation issue that CR mentions above.

Greg - I'm honestly not sure where Redline would be merchandised based on what CR and I are saying here. I'm sure it is a great product and based on my past history of being a fitness enthusiast, I'm sure I would love and appreciate what it does. I've had my share of supplements over the years - including some like ephedra that are now banned. My belief is that those kinds of supplements are for those who are educated and know what they're doing - they are "tools" to aid the transformation of the body. However, there was no way I was able to purchase them in a 7-eleven, Chevron or grocery store.

greg
02-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't think you are picking on REDLINE. I have read enough of yur posts to know where you are coming from. No problem.

Your reply begs the question though, If you don't put REDLINE in the Energy door then where does it go? It is labeled an energy drink. It is marketed as an energy drink. It is recognized in retail outlets as an energy drink.
Again, REDLINE, Spike Shooter, Endorush and others are all new generation energy drinks that don't follow the same old ingredient profiles that established brands have used.
We are all trying to take it to thje next level for the people that want true energy out of their Energy drinks.
We are not trying to make psychotroopics that make you feel as though you have energy, we are making drinks that actually work ont the CNS that give you real energy.
We have on our label in 3 different areas that REDLINE is potent and has 2 servings in one can. We are doing what we can to let people know that they are about to experience a true rush, not a sugar high. On top of that when you pay $4 for an 8oz drink don't you think you mighht be getting a llittle more than taurine, sugar, and caffeine?
I don't understand the statement about peopole buying things in a c-store that is unsafe. I see alcohol, cigarettes, rolling papers, knives, etc in there.
All of this are potentially unsafe. All of the above mentioned items reuire the consumer to use some osrt of personal responsobility to insure safety. I do not see a warning on a bottle of beer that states you should only drink half to assess tolerance, nor do I see warning on a knife that says do not run, poke at, stab at, etc towards another person. These may seem extreme but it is true. Redline gives the consumer fair warning that what they are about to ingest is potent and the warning is more than adequate.

If products such as REDLINE don't belong in the channel that you talk about then why does it do well in that very same channel? Obviously people are looking for more energy. The channel along with the consumer will decide if REDLINE deserves to be in there.

Mr Zabe
02-26-2007, 06:59 PM
My uneducated understanding at least the way you have described it;the new generation ED's appear to be more like an "over the counter" drug?

AllProDist
02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
In California, customers are going into the stores looking for these products. There is no confusion when they see Redline or Spike Shooter next to the Rockstar. Redline and Spike are not an impulse purchase. I said it before and I'll say it again. Hardcore Energy Drinks are here to stay. Read it, Learn it, Live it! (All American Burger...1982)
One of my best customers told me this statement last Friday. "There are 4 categories in Energy Drinks that sell: Red Bull, Rockstar, Monster and Hardcore (Redline and Spike Shooter) Not Full Throttle, Not No Fear. He does not need anything else in his ED Cooler. He is not an isolated case. I have seen more and more full shelves of Hardcore Ed's in alot of stores, not just a few slots at the bottom of the cooler. When you see Spike Shooter sell an average of 200 cans per week in 7-11's, (I will be happy to send you the scan data) You have to give these products some street cred. Bottom Line: Customers and Stores are asking for these products! Out of the millions of cans and bottles seold each year, very few people have had any negative effects from these drinks.
I wish we had BevNet when Redbull hit the market. I bet alot of you guys would be saying the same types of comments. BTW: Didn't Pepsi just come out with Pepsi Maxx? A hyper caffeinated product? Come on....get your heads out of the sand.

Nick Laugher
02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Excellent "Fast Times" reference and excellent points.
Consumers want more energy, they want hardcore energy. These drinks are definitely here to stay. All of this controversy can be avoided if consumers are just smart about how they drink this stuff and how much they consume. The company can only go so far to educate the masses on its product, at some point it falls into the hands of the consumer.

stonedwookie
02-27-2007, 09:18 PM
im also wondering does anyone know where to get redline in australia?

greg
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
im also wondering does anyone know where to get redline in australia?

It is not sold in Australia. Yohimbe, an herb found in REDLINE. is a banned in Australia....but for some reason Australia sees fit to allow Dianabol, an anabolic/androgenic steroid,into the country..HMMMMMM Whatever.

SumPoosieCat
02-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I understand what many of you are saying but I think most of you are depending on minors to make these decisions. I do not think a 14 year old should be able to walk in and buy a couple of "Extreme" drinks and walk out the door. I think the company and the distributor need to place these type of products in health and fitness areas like gyms or GNC where it can be monitored. Placing these products in a convenience store seems a little reckless to me.

Coco Rico
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't understand the statement about peopole buying things in a c-store that is unsafe. I see alcohol, cigarettes, rolling papers, knives, etc in there.
All of this are potentially unsafe. All of the above mentioned items reuire the consumer to use some osrt of personal responsobility to insure safety. I do not see a warning on a bottle of beer that states you should only drink half to assess tolerance, nor do I see warning on a knife that says do not run, poke at, stab at, etc towards another person.

Greg,

The problem is that all the items you just mentioned are government regulated and require a minimum age to purchase. 18 for cigarettes (and in most state rolling papers), 21 for liquor/beer, and 16 (in most states) to purchase an edged weapon.

My point is all those items are potentially dangerous, require personal responsibility to ensure safety, and have been targeted by the government to put minimum age restrictions for purchase... I could see a drink like yours requiring that by the government.

Thanks,

Juan

NRGSLLR@
03-01-2007, 09:22 AM
The Danger lies in the fact that you are asking the government to regulate our businsess. I don't think any of us would want that to happen.

CStoreCatMan
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
We're not saying that at all. What we're saying is that even though the calls to poison control are limited (right now) the government will not ignore the issue if the calls continue. I think as stronger and stronger drinks come out, and are made available in mainstream channels of business, it is the industry itself that will attract the government's spotlight. Unfortunately, it is my opinion that these "extreme" energy drinks will be the ones that push the issue over the edge and force government involvement. It's going to happen, its just a matter of when.

Coco Rico
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I agree with you CatMan. No one wants the government to step in. However, fringe "extreme" energy drinks might force their hand.

CR.

greg
03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I understand what many of you are saying but I think most of you are depending on minors to make these decisions. I do not think a 14 year old should be able to walk in and buy a couple of "Extreme" drinks and walk out the door. I think the company and the distributor need to place these type of products in health and fitness areas like gyms or GNC where it can be monitored. Placing these products in a convenience store seems a little reckless to me.

I have been out of town on business so it that is the reason for my lack of responses.

We are AGAIN going to lead the industry in being responsible with our product. We do not want to make our living by selling energy drinks to kids. We want adults to use our products. We are going to print on the cap that the product is to be used by adults(not minors) and that it is very potent and has 2 servings in the bottle.
As a matter of fact, this past weekend REDLINE was at the Arnold Sports Fitness weekend in Columbus Ohio and we were selling energy drinks. YES, SELLING! We do not have to give our product away to sell over 10 skids of product in 2 and a half days. That amounts to 980 cases or 23,520 units of REDLINE. Of all the companies with Energy drinks in the Exposition VPX SPORTS/REDLINE WAS THE ONLY MANUFACTURER CARDING PEOPLE TO BUY A DRINK!

SumPoosieCat
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I think you are skating on very think ice. The problem I see is that your company is now acknowledging that it could pose a problem for teenagers and needs to be closely monitored. The problem becomes this... are your distributors going to be as careful and are they going to require C stores to ID customers?

If a 14 year old buys a couple of cans and has a heart attack can they come back to you and say, "Hey you knew how dangerous this stuff was why are you selling in C stores where children have easy access?"

Relax... just playing the devil on this one.

IMO an energy drink is a beverage and can be consumed as one safely.

deepnenergy
03-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe the American Soft Drink Manufacturers Association can come and help...LOL. No really, it is the end sellers duty to safe guard their customers like selling cigarettes, beer, and so on. Yes, Greg I do agree with you and looking over you package carefully I do clearly see the warning and the very clear age restriction on the 4pks, that my 14 year old noticed as I was carrying them into the room from almost 10 feet away.

climaxenergydrink
03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Everybody, i am positive greg knows what he has to do !! At least he is making an extraordinary effort to put it ( A WARNING LABEL- SIGN) noticeable on the Cap for the perspective consumer !! I know for a fact the last thing any proprietor or investor would like to see is someone have a harmful effect from there product !! I don't know about you but i have heard one incident " The Buritto " with REDLINE ed in all these years !! Greg how many bottles have you sold up to this point ? i am sure you are in the millions !! THATS PRETTY DAMN GOOD IF YOU ASKED ME !!

*GOOD LUCK AND MAY NEXT TIME YOU SELL 100K BOTTLES IN 2 1/2 DAYS !!
hey u never know NACS IS CREEPING UP ON US !!

CLIMAX
Lenny

greg
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks Deep and Climax.
We will be giving it away at The NACS. The Arnold Sports Classic is a consumer driven show while the NACS is more industry. I don't take 1/4 of product to the NACS as I do to the AC. The buyers at the NACS can try it but most want me to send a case to the office for research/samples/etc.

greg
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM

We don't want minors purchasing our drinks. That is why we put an 18 and over label on it.
As far as minors making decisions in life we trust them everytime we put a hyper testosterone laden 16 yr old in a 3000lb vehicle and let him drive himself and his frineds to school, or go out friday night, or to church on Sunday. That is a huge responsibility to me. We also place trust in our minors when we let them sit behind a computer screen for 3 hours after school with no adult supervision to do the right thing.
Since we are talking about decisions what about the decisions we let kids-10-18 decide about their diet. Mcdonlads for breakfast with a soda, a crappy school lunch and another sugary drink plus a candy bar after school is irresponsible in my book. Do you really think they are making wise decisions when it comes to their diet. After all McDonalds does not put a warning sign on their food as being a high in saturated fat. Coke does not give warnings about their high Sugar content in their sodas.
Does SPC have a warning on the label concerning the sugar content in the product and how consistent use can cause potential adverse health effects?
REDLINE does have a warning as an age restriction as well as a potency claim.

greg
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
We're not saying that at all. What we're saying is that even though the calls to poison control are limited (right now) the government will not ignore the issue if the calls continue. I think as stronger and stronger drinks come out, and are made available in mainstream channels of business, it is the industry itself that will attract the government's spotlight. Unfortunately, it is my opinion that these "extreme" energy drinks will be the ones that push the issue over the edge and force government involvement. It's going to happen, its just a matter of when.

The government is already knee deep in our personal lives. We need to take personal responibility for our own lives.
The government will have all drink makers put the caffeine content on the labels next year of every drink made,supplement or not. Perhaps then we will move forward to having to teach people to read before they buy ED's because the manufacturer is to irresponsible to insure that its potential consume can read.

deepnenergy
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
The government is already knee deep in our personal lives. We need to take personal responibility for our own lives.
The government will have all drink makers put the caffeine content on the labels next year of every drink made,supplement or not. Perhaps then we will move forward to having to teach people to read before they buy ED's because the manufacturer is to irresponsible to insure that its potential consume can read.

Catman, are we not all saying the same thing, it's got to be saying something??? I do agree with you Catman but who will???

fusion
06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
I saw Redline in the back room of a Wal-Mart yesterday.

scum1
06-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Finally found me a grape today at GNC! Really I'm wanting to try the apple the most though. I been seeing 4 pack of original redline at Walmart for a while now.