PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Vending Machines

Pages : [1] 2

wannabedistributor
09-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Has anyone one out there heard of the Red Bull Vending machines? If so, how are they doing? If not, what do you think the potential for them to be a success is? I am obviously considering investing in a few of these machines, and I am looking for any advice I can possibly get. Thank you.

ithastabeshasta
09-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Red Bull has a vending program, not sure how they are doing with it as we didn't sign on. We chose in stead to sell Red Bull out of our own carousel style machine, Red Bull sells fairly well out of them but mostly we put them in as filler since they have a long shelf life.

Any way Red Bull will loan you the machine for free but only if the location has an acceptable employee/people count.

[ 09-05-2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: ithastabeshasta ]

Mr Zabe
09-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Just a couple of questions.

Will the distributors of Red Bull offer a per case allotment due to the high traffic location of the "free" vending machine?

Will they pay vendors a slotting fee for placement of the vending machine?

Will they provide prompt service/repair of the vending machine. (Even some of the new machines can be temperamental.)

Will a vending machine be a way to increase your profit and sales as those compared to your cooler?

High traffic vending machines that sell impulse items like Red Bull tend to sell better than a non exclusive cooler. There is a certain of amount of "curb appeal" that gets the attention of your customers. Some customers may not know if you even carry Red Bull products.

If these questions are answered yes, then a vending machine appears to be a higher profit opportunity than the cooler.

Just my thoughts.

[ 09-05-2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

wannabedistributor
09-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Actually, from my understanding, these aren't for retail locations such as 7-11, AM/PM, Mom and Pop's, etc. These are designed more for other high traffic areas such as airports, bowling alleys, gyms, colleges, etc., etc.

Ron Swedelson
09-06-2005, 12:25 AM
The only vending machine I have seen out here in the Bay Area was placed in the Oakland Airport in the Southwest Airlines employees lounge. Southwest occupies all of terminal 1, while pretty much that only place to get Red Bull is all the way over in terminal 2.

wannabedistributor
09-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Ron, do you have any idea how it does in the lounge?

boodoo
09-07-2005, 09:06 AM
A little bird from BooKoo told me they are testing some of their own in Dallas.

Red Sox fan
09-07-2005, 09:58 AM
that's nice. who is going to service and maintain thier vending program? their third tier distributors? I don't think so.

Ron Swedelson
09-14-2005, 09:33 PM
from what I heard, Red Bull pays a company to service them. But thats what I heard, does not make it true.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
i almost bought red bull vending machines from a company called creative concepts. i wound up not doing it, it seemed pretty expensive.

Mr Zabe
11-09-2005, 04:57 PM
My two cents.
In the short run and the run, following your gut ( intuitive thoughts )are almost never wrong. I give you credit for looking before you could have leaped.

[ 11-09-2005, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

raiders420
11-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Anyone brought any red bull vending machines, any new news on red bull vending, very interested, thanks

Jack-Jack
11-29-2005, 04:33 PM
CC tells me that, territories like Las Vegas & most of So Cal is already taken. I am just wondering what average sales would be as well as exacty WHAT$$$ locations are going to want to place machines!

[ 11-29-2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Jack-Jack ]

Rubner Vending
12-21-2005, 10:55 PM
I vend Redbull and sales are great, approx 30 cans per machine a day, 5 machines on my part time route, looking to have 100 by the beginning of summer

Dasani
12-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Rubner Vending:
I vend Redbull and sales are great, approx 30 cans per machine a day, 5 machines on my part time route, looking to have 100 by the beginning of summer Why do I think your a plant from Creative Concepts or something? 5 machines at $23000.00 and you get 1800 Free Cases of Red Bull, but no support on the vending service? We will keep vending through our sandwich machines.

the saint
12-23-2005, 07:03 AM
I am thinking that he means he is hoping for 100 cans a day, which I think is a wild imagination but who knows. I could be wrong maybe he is hoping for 100 machines. If I had the money to buy 100 machines I do not think I would be working. $2,300,000 drawing interest in the bank is a helluva lot better than 100 machines to have to fill in my book.

Mr Zabe
12-23-2005, 12:52 PM
LOL
I read this post early this morning. I was thinking these numbers appear way out of whack.

What kind capital do you need to acquire 95 machines on productive routs that do not impinge on retail outlets? Like Saint said who will service and maintain some 100 machines? Gee what are your labor costs going look like or will you be pulling 24/7 shifts?

"If it sounds too good to be true, then it is too good too be true."

[ 12-23-2005, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Red Sox fan
12-23-2005, 02:20 PM
I spoke to creative concepts about this program. don't know if this thing is a sham or not. They only I do know is that after I got off the phone with the their salesperson I felt like I needed a shower. I found him to be very pushy and car salesmanly. That doesn't mean the program is a a fraud, just something I took into consideration.

drinkboy
12-30-2005, 03:04 AM
I spoke to CC also. They are pushy and do not answer your questions openly and honestly. You have to pry stuff out of them. I've come to conclude why buy from them when you can purchase similar machines for thousands less and buy red bull from costco for about .06 more a can. After talking to them it sounds like all they do is sell you the machine and then you are on your own. That is all they want to do...sell the machine...on to the next guy...sell more machine...get rich ... c u all later

sweet home alabama
01-16-2006, 10:55 AM
IF I were going to get a few red bull vending machines, from a source other than creative concepts (the new red bull machines), where should I look. I looked on Ebay and there are few of the old red bull machines. I've been doing my research, and I think this is a very lucrative idea, if you choose your vending spots very carefully. I'm looking to acquire a few machines and try it out. Also, does anyone know what the unit cost breakdown would be for purchasing red bull in large quantities (and at what quantity would the unit price slowly level off at)? I know it would vary depending on supplier, but I know it would not differ that much, if the quanitities were large enough. I want something more concrete to run my numbers on. After reading some of the posts, you guys seem to know what you talking about. I appreciate your help. I agree that think creative concepts is overpriced and not worth the capital investment. I'm looking at other alternatives. Thanks.

JP QuikServ Drinks
01-22-2006, 09:45 PM
guys, please post here if you actually did purchase red bull vending machines from creative concepts, i am curious if anyone has, and if so, how are they doing.

Sunni
01-29-2006, 11:44 AM
I bought 5 machines from Creative Concepts. I just got them about 3 weeks ago. I've placed 3 of them but still need to find locations for the other 2. I'll be checking the 3 within the week. So I'll keep you all updated on my findings either on this forum or the forum topic called: "Energy Drink vending. Viable?"

Any questions? I'd be happy to answer if I can.

xtreme distribution
01-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Sunni- Did you place them yourselves? Or did you go with the main locator company that works with CC?

Sunni
01-31-2006, 08:53 AM
I decided to save some $$ and place them myself. However, it's been harder than I anticipated to find locations. Many ideal locations have contracts with bigger vending companies and some places have exclusive agreements with Coke or Pepsi. I'm just a college kid with a few machines....so I'm learning as I go.

JP QuikServ Drinks
01-31-2006, 12:25 PM
sunni i would love to talk to you, as i comtemplated buying machines from CC a few months ago. please email me.

JPQuikServDrinks@aol.com.

thanks!

mr 2005
02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I am contemplating the Red Bull vending machines from creative concepts.

anyone had good luck with them? I am new to the vending world. What's the realistic profit potential.

Someone mentioned in a previous post you can get the RB machines straight from RB, anyone have a contact for them?

Creative Concepts is saying they have exclusive right to Red Bull? is That true or would someone be able to get the machines straight from Roayl Vending?

Much Thanks,

RedBullVendors
02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
The potential profit depends on how much you pay for the product and what (if any) commission is paid to the site you have the machine at.

Creative Concepts is the exlusive dealer for the offical Red Bull Can looking vending machine. Log on to red bull north america and call and ask who sells Red bull vending machines.

We did two month's of grunt work before we jumped in feet first. CC is great to deal with. They seem a little pushy, but you have to realize they are receiving hundreds of inquires a day and have a small but very helpful staff. So far we have zero compliants, and most likely never will.

www.redbullvendors.com (http://www.redbullvendors.com)

xtreme distribution
02-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I am extremely pleased with the way CC dealt with me and handled my transactions. I actually ordered 25 for my area. If I do have a complaint, it's with their primary choice for a locating company, Target Marketing International. Anyone else have a problem with these guys? They have know of my order for well over a month and knew the delivery date a couple weeks ago and I still do not have one machine located and I have had the machines almost 2 weeks.

I am about at my patients end with these guys.

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-02-2006, 06:41 PM
xtreme, i would suggest getting "buddy buddy" with potential places that could carry vending machines, construction sites, bowling alleys, maybe even movie theatres. remember, in this business you can't depend on anyone but yourself for results (and the people buying your drinks)!

Breuvage .J
02-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I am writing from Montreal, Canada. Does anybody know if the rights to Red Bull vending machines have been givien to a Canadian Distributor.

I am also looking for information from existing vendors, to see if the average sales per machine is anything like the numbers stated in various articles ...... 14.7 cans per day / machine

Thank you for any info

anna
02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
hi , can someone give me cc website, am really interested in this red bull vending business.

Potential Red Bull Vendor
02-04-2006, 04:20 AM
hey guys. i've been dealing with CC and thinking of purchasing 5 machines. I have all of the details...they sent a package to me. The only thing keeping me jumping in is the unknown vending potential...i have not heard from anyone personally in reference to the number of cans/day/machine i can expect..i know there are several variables....i just want a credible testimony

Sunni
02-04-2006, 11:33 AM
I checked my 3 machines, that I've had out for about 2 weeks, the other day...and...well my avg was not good. Only about 1-2 cans per day. But, the've only been out 2 weeks, so i'm staying optimistic. I put a machine out yesterday in front of a pawn shop on a major street. I'm hoping to put my last one out at a rock climbing gym. I'll give an update on my sales the next time I check the machines....may be awhile though. I hope to report better news next time.

Mr Zabe
02-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I want to wish you all good luck and G-d's speed with your red bull vending machine businesses. I tend to be rather conservative when it comes to business deals(I have been burned a few times). I do respect your efforts in your new Red Bull machines. smile.gif :cool: smile.gif

[ 02-04-2006, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Breuvage .J
02-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Do you have to have a permit for each vending machine, and if so , what are the fees ..... ??

What is the average rent paid for placing a machine, fixed amount or a percentage of sales .... ???

Maintenance, what are the major maintenance issues with vending machines .....lights, bill acceptor, etc ...???

How often do you check your machines ( obviously varies with sales ) but as a basic rule of thumb ...... 1 / week, twice / week ???

Thank you for any feedback ......

Sunni
02-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks Mr. Zabe.

Breuvage .J--as for permits: I had to obtain a county merchants license ($25), a city license ($5), and get a sales tax number. But these kind of fees will differ for ech state, city, & county....so you'll just have to check with your local gov't. Some places don't require as many licenses and some may require more.

Someone else might need to take the maintenance question. I haven't had my machines long...so i haven't had any problems yet.

I believe that I will only need to check my machine 1 time per month. But that is just for my situation. You'll need to make sure there is plenty of change and product. The machines hold alot of product and change...so that makes it were I don't have to check them as often. I'm really new at this so, again, someone else could give you better advice.

[ 02-08-2006, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Sunni ]

the saint
02-08-2006, 09:14 PM
In Oklahoma you would need a state tax stamp that is $50 and depending on the county, city probably another $25 on top of that fo rthe licenses.

You would most definatly need to do a percentage as a fixed rate would put you out of business quickly. If you make a deal to pay say 25 bucks a month and only get 18 bucks total out of the machine you just lost $7 plus the cost of the product. Around here most pay anywhere from 2.5% - 15%, I would start at 5% and go to 10% and if needed 15% of the PROFIT not sales or like before you would lose the cost of the goods. Be up front with the owners tell them how much profit there is on each can ( be sure to add to the actual cost due to the purchase of the machine but don't make it look like you are wanting to make 3-4 cents a can and give him 3-4 cents a can).

Major maintainence is believe it or not VANDALS. They will try to squirt salt water in the coin chute to try and short out the changer causing it to dump all the money ( don't know if this EVER actually worked or not, I have been in the soda business over 15 years and never seen it work but they STILL try it)

They will shove sticks, screwdrivers etc. into the bill validator thinking they can pull out the dollar bills. When neither of these things get them any money they then tear up stuff. In all reality a bill validator SHOULD last the lifetime of the machine as long as you clean the rubber bands off now and then and clean out the gunk that builds up in them. Same goes for the changer just clean the gunk out every once in a while it SHOULD last the life of the machine.

The light bulbs will last just as any light bulb.. some last for a month others will last for years and years, depends on the bulb I guess. What ever you do though whenever you change one bulb due to being burned out, do yourself a favor and change both at the same time because the very next time you go back ( without a bulb more than likly) the other will be burned out. kind of like a car headlight, if you leave the burned out one on the car the other lasts for years by itself but if you change the bad one the other will burn out in a day or so.

Checking the machine is a different story being it is all one product ( unless you have the SF as well)at a high vend price , I would go the first week or two 1 time a week just to make sure then if not needed I would go every other week or every third week. but that is just me, if the machine sits outside I would go by every few days for nothing more than to check and 1) make sure it is still even there and not stolen 2) hasn't been broken into, and 3)mak sure that some tool hasn't salted your changer.

[ 02-08-2006, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

UltimateVend
02-18-2006, 06:29 PM
What a find this forum is!!

We are looking at purchasing up to 25 machines initially from CC but I am definitely pausing after reading these posts. I have constructed my business model using an assumption of 10 cans per day per machine and self-funding expansion to 60 machines in 24 months. It sounds like that is a number that exceeds anyone else's sales pace to date using the new Red Bull machine. I live in an area that is filled with active lifestyle people as well as a university town (Boulder, CO) so I expect pretty solid demand for product.

On a slightly different note - I would STRONGLY caution anyone considering buying any used equipment on eBay. I am a heavy eBay user but my experience buying restaurant equipment has been awful. Equipment rarely shows up in operating condition (even if advertised as such) and your recourse is limited to negative feedback that simply gets you negative feedback. I have spent more in repairs and downtime using used equipment than I would have ever spent buying new and warranteed products.

Mr Zabe
02-18-2006, 06:45 PM
It's cool to look before you leap. LOL
The experts on this board are truely amazing.
A good number of them are seasoned workers in the soda pop industry. I have learned so much from them. I trust their feedback a great deal. smile.gif

[ 02-22-2006, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

wahl
02-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I currently have 5 Red Bull machines that I purchased from CC back in September. I placed all my machines and they are doing very well. I had one of my machines sell 133 cans this weekend - 2 DAYS!! It's all about location, location, location. If anyone out there has any doubts about this, please contact me. I'm making money and enjoying every minute of it. This is now my full time job.

Wayne
02-22-2006, 01:20 AM
I have just started in Abilene Texas with 5 Red Bull Machines. Not having the success with locations as you,wahl. Would like to talk to you about what kind of locations you have. I know this can work, but I'm having some trouble. Thanks.

Breuvage .J
02-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Wahl,

I am curious of the locations that you have your machines ......and 133 cans in one weekend, was there a special event, or is that just a good weekend .....

Congradulations on your success .....

Ron Swedelson
02-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Im not involved with these vending machines or anything. I can be wrong, but when someone just happpens to pop onto this forum, and their first post comes in after critisism of a product. Usually they work for the company. I could be wrong, and like I said, since Im not involved in the CC thing, I dont care...just seems wierd

the saint
02-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by wahl:
I currently have 5 Red Bull machines that I purchased from CC back in September. I placed all my machines and they are doing very well. I had one of my machines sell 133 cans this weekend - 2 DAYS!! It's all about location, location, location. If anyone out there has any doubts about this, please contact me. I'm making money and enjoying every minute of it. This is now my full time job. UUUMMMMMM, Yeah sure ya did.

wahl
02-23-2006, 09:30 PM
There is absolutely no reason why I would make something like that up. I've been reading all this negativity about the Red Bull vending machines and I had to say my peace. If you put the effort into it, you can make serious money. Last Friday I placed a machine at a convention center and during a "bad" show there's 7,000 people walking by my machine. The larger shows draw in about 20,000. Not too shabby!!! On its first weekend during a "bad" show, I sold almost three cases. Like I said previously, it's all about location, location, location.

Mr Zabe
02-23-2006, 09:37 PM
My two cents. Placement of a vending machine in let's say the McCormick Trade and Convention Center requires not only a contract but the bribery of more than a few political and city government slime balls.

In Chicago good spots cost and keep costing if you know what I mean. I bet this kind of cost of doing business cuts into one's profits. smile.gif

just thinkin
02-23-2006, 10:03 PM
I was at a convention center in Fort Worth Texas and can believe with big crowds like that sales will absolutely skyrocket. There was a coke machine there and it seemed like every 2 minutes somebody was buying a drink out of it. And they were selling coke at 3 dollars a pop so Im sure if you made a deal with a convention center you could probably sell redbull for over 3 dollars each which would still work out for both parties dont you think? The biggest task would be cutting through to make the deal especially when they have contracts with those companies depending on what the contract states.

wahl
02-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Breuvage, first let me say - thank you for your kind words. That particular machine is at a bowling alley/lazer tag/game room/pool table/bar kind of a place. Fortunately for me the bar doesn't sell Red Bull and from my understanding people are buying Red Bull from my machine to mix with their alchol. I don't believe there was any special event there this past weekend. A typical weekend is between 75-80 cans. It just a great location!!

wahl
02-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Mr Zabe - I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. They pulled out a Monster machine to place mine. It sits right next to a Coke machine in the main entrance of the convention center. I pay the management company 30% of my net profits and I vend for $2.50.

the saint
02-24-2006, 06:19 AM
I don't buy your statements, but whatever, it isn't any skin off of my nose. When dealing with convention centers most of the time they are owned by the city in which they are located and have outside management companies running them and everything takes months to finalize, i.e. I don't believe your "in the right place at the right time" story.

wahl
02-24-2006, 09:19 AM
You are correct on outside management companies running these types of places and as previously stated this is who I am paying. I also have a machine in a mall and again I'm dealing with an outside management company for this facility as well. If you market yourself in a professional manner, anything is possible. I put a lot of time and money into marketing my company and have been able to land a lot of high end locations. Take it or leave it - I don't really care. The truth of the matter is I'm making money with my Red Bull vending machines and am getting ready to expand.

Grapple
02-24-2006, 05:57 PM
We just received our five machines today. This is our first vending experience so we don't know what to expect. We paid for the locator service and they have been HORRIBLE. We don't have a single location to place our machines yet. The first person they had working for us was useless and we now have a new one. I'm getting ready to go out myself.

We're in northern California, and there are restrictions placed by either Coke or Pepsi everywhwere. In fact, *ALL* bowling facilities have exclusive contracts with Pepsi. We are finding it easier to talk to building managment at business parks then at activity places.

I'm interested to know if anyone has their red bull machines located outside and how well they handle the elements. I have tunred down a few places because they only have space outside. I don't want to void my warrenty on the machines.

I'll post our success or failures here.

Red Bull Vendor
02-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Grapple,
If I may ask, what is the going price of the machines these days, When I got mine about 4 months ago they were $2750 each. I have heard that they have went up in price, I am thinking of picking a few up online, as I have some outdoor locations to put these at, and my break room machines are not for outdoor use. CC was worthles on my locations also, I went thru my local redbull dist. and they were glad to help me. As far as I am concerned CC is a biz opp and they are only there to make money off of us. There 10 can a day line is not what its cut out ot be. They have no trouble lieing to you to get the sale,

Red Bull Vendor
02-24-2006, 07:36 PM
wahl, what outside management company are you using, I signerd up with one and have heard nothing back from them, I am located in IOWA and would love some of these locations

Ky-Mar
02-24-2006, 10:17 PM
I purchased 5 Red Bull machines. Started the process in September. Just placed four of them today. It was a long process but I've been impressed with CC. The customer support has been great. They sent me 21 cases of the sugar-free that expired before I could even get the machines placed, they credited me for it no questions asked.

My locations are:
*A Budget Truck Rental
*A Distribution Warehouse
*A landscaping business (20 crews starting and ending their days in front of my machine).
*A concrete pouring company (again with many work crews)

The fifth location that the locator found pretty much sucked and I'm going to find my own place. I definitely don't recommend using the locator service. Print up a pamphlet on your own and do the footwork yourself. Your own instincts are better than some sales guy who wants to finsih the job ASAP.

I'm thinking of trying for a large car sales and service center (salesman+service techs+customers=$$$). Anyone had any luck at such a place? I'm really eager to hear more about the most successful locations.

[ 02-24-2006, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Ky-Mar ]

Ron Swedelson
02-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Grapple...try DVC. The cafe manager, George will not carry Red Bull upstairs because he is scared the students will steal the small cans. But he carries Coke and Pepsis energy drinks, because they are in a vending machine. Try him, even talk to their satalite location in San Ramon, I think its still called Center for Higher Education. They only have a few vending machines in there.

Red bull Canada
02-27-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm just doing a little research here: how many people from Canada like to have Red Bull's vending machines and start their own business?

amittrihan
02-27-2006, 08:54 PM
I AM PLANNING TO BUY SOME RED BULL VENDING MACHINES FROM CC
I GOT THE PAKAGE FROM THEM I WANT TO KNOW IF CC NEGOTIATE PRICE OR THEY STICK TO THEIR BROCHURE PRICE

amittrihan
02-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I AM PLANNING TO GET INTO RED BULL VENDING BUSINESS I HAVE NO DOUBTS ABOUT PRODUT I THINK PRODUCT IS A SUCCESS
NOW ABT VENDING BUSINESS WHAT WE REALLY NEED IS SOMONE WHO IS EXPERT IN LOCATION SERVICES
IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT LOCATIONS PLEASE...

just thinkin
02-28-2006, 12:29 AM
How much of a better deal do you think you can get? I dont think cc will negotiate because if they do that with you then they will have to do that with everybody. If you are planning to get a better deal you can try it but i dont think they would do that. But then again you never know until you talk to them. But what would make you so much more special than the next person buying the machines unless you are buying in huge quantity.

redbully
02-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Buy yor mininum package first then negoiate on other machines if you choose to buy more. Yes-- I did this

Breuvage .J
02-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Red Bull Canada, I am a Montreal based company and I am interested in the Red Bull vending opportunity.....I have already had a e-mail from someone in your offices , and they told me that RB Canada had not yet looked into vending in Canada. If there is an interest on behalf of RB, please contact me....thanks

breuvagej@hotmail.com

Ready to go
03-01-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm wiring pmt to CC tomorrow for 5 machines. Chris, thank you for your input. My husband and I are grateful for your candid advice. (fly jetblue!) We don't have locations for any yet. We're in San Diego and we're optimistic that our hard work and determination will pay great dividends in this great city. My question for you on this board... do any of you have a recommendation for an accounting system for this business? Have you purchased an over-the-counter system or does Excel suffice?

Mr Zabe
03-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Excel basically is just a spreed sheet software program that requires a skilled person(sort of like a programmer) to set up and maintain the system.

There are some good easy "caned" programs like Quicken and others that are relatively easy to set up and use.

Try going to ZDNET you will find software that may suit your needs. Good Luck.
Zabe

ZDNET (http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/?tag=ft)

[ 03-01-2006, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

MARSS VENDING
03-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I have been trying to place my machines in the 2 Malls in the City and tried all Gyms, They all said they exclusive contracts with Pepsi or coke. It's tough, so now I'm lost to were else to place them.

Major MO

bullman
03-02-2006, 08:38 AM
I have a different question... I have never owned a business before. I plan on starting with either 3 machines or 5 machines - how important is it that I register with the SBA, incorporate, consult with an attorney, etc... before I choose a business name, print my business cards, letterhead and brochures and getting my machines placed?

Aren't those expenses I can incur once I get things up and runnning and an income stream coming in?

Sunni
03-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey everyone! I have an update for you all. My Febrauary sales. Here is the breakdown: My locations are: (1)at a college text book store, (2) at a bicycle shop in downtown area, (3)in front of a Super Lube on a main street, (4)in front of a pawn shop on a mian street, & (5) at a Rockclimbing gym. Ok, so my sales are extremely sporadic between these places. The rockclimbing gym is doing awesome (4-5 cans/day). The bicycle shop is avg about 2 cans/day. The Super Lube and Pawn shop are avg about .5 cans/day. The college book store....well it is doing really bad...but that is because it is not "buy-or-sell-your-books" time. While these avg may seem low to many people (including myself)...I'm staying optomistic b/c sales are getting better as the machines sit there longer. I've only been doing this about a month & a half. I may look into moving some machines. I also believe that sales will pick up more the closer we get to summer. Hopefully I'll have better figures to report for March. Good Luck!

Mr Zabe
03-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Just my two cents.
I may be wrong but if you need to depend on narrow seasonal markets,you would need to have extremly strong peak periods of sales. If after the warm spring/summer months your sales are still flat,then relocation would seen like a good idea.

As I have been learning from the experts on this board, energy drinks tend to have "fickle" consumers. Red Bull has great name recognition yet serious energy drinkers even though they would want to buy an energy drink, will not buy a Red Bull. They are more than likely to go to a grocery store,Ma Pa C-Store or a chain drug store to get the brand/flavor they feel is "their" energy drink.

Now if you could sell the top 4 or 5 national hot sellers along with Red Bull then IMO your sales would increase a good deal. That's why my gut feeling of tying into a one product vending machine did not seem like a good deal.

Maybe if Red Bull were to roll out some variations or new drinks, that would help your sales.

Hang in there.

[ 03-02-2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Red Bull Vendor
03-02-2006, 05:56 PM
At 5 cans a day it will take you 3 years to pay of each machine. thats at .75 cent profit per can. Sunni what are you vending the red bull at per can. I have some cafeteria machines that I paid $2199.00 each for, they are doing ok, 10-12 cans a day, I think it will pick up a bit more as the kids get out of college and go to work at teh locations that I have these in. I vend @ $2.00 each

Ron Swedelson
03-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I got to tell you with colleges, I have called on some for a few years selling Red Bull, candy, soda, etc. The busines is there, it just peaks durring the beggining and end of each semester, but year round, sales are there.

bullman
03-03-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't know if you guys have thought about this, but if you want to cover your sales tax (if your state requires you to pay sales tax - mine does), you really should sell at $2.25 per can in order to cover that. Otherwise, you're eating sales tax. Convenience stores charge sales tax, so will I.

Also, depending on how you setup your business, you'll have other taxes to pay at the end of the year.

bullman
03-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

As I have been learning from the experts on this board, energy drinks tend to have "fickle" consumers. Red Bull has great name recognition yet serious energy drinkers even though they would want to buy an energy drink, will not buy a Red Bull. They are more than likely to go to a grocery store,Ma Pa C-Store or a chain drug store to get the brand/flavor they feel is "their" energy drink.

Now if you could sell the top 4 or 5 national hot sellers along with Red Bull then IMO your sales would increase a good deal. That's why my gut feeling of tying into a one product vending machine did not seem like a good deal.

Good point. But aren't beverage drinkers fickle across the board? At my house we buy one brand of soft drinks for a while and then we're buying something else. At times we just buy whatever is on sale.

As for vending just one brand... this bothers me a little. However, these new machines seem to get attention and draw people in. I hope that will make up for offering just one brand.

I have gotten the impression that anything below 20 cans per day is not good.

I will be placing my order next week.

[ 03-03-2006, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Red Bull Vendor
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
bull man
please please please do NOT expect more than 10 cans a day, My first locations that CC got me were crap, 14 cans a MONTH. I partnered with my local redbull distributor as a third party vendor, this got me much better locations, as for CC machines. people buy the redbull for the product, not because of the looks of a machine. Would you eat crap if it was dispensed from an icecream vendor??? I dont think so, I use 8.4 oz can vendors that are labeled for REDBULL product, I got these for 1/2 what CC charges for thiers. Rght now I have 4 of CC's machines and 6 of my own. My own do much better than the high dollar machines. CC is just there for the sale of the machine and the money, once they got the sale your nothing to them. they used to call me 3 times a week, then they got my money and I got a bunch of excuses. 5 months later I got CRAP locations and more excuses. I am better off without CC and their biz opp scams. Do your research and hold off on the machine orderr

bullman
03-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Red Bull Vendor,

As you can tell, I'm brand new with this - still trying to get my arms around realistic expectations. I definitely will NOT be using the locator service. I've heard nothing but bad things about that. However, I would be disappointed with 10 cans per day regardless of who places the machine. CC says 20 cans is what you should shoot for and if you're not getting it after a few weeks then you would do well to find another location. I'm really basing it more on that, and on the revenue I'd like to generate.

I'm curious... where did you get your machines? Are they upright or wall-mounted? I realize people buy product because of the product, not because of the machine. What I meant in my earlier post is that the machines are attention-getting and could result in greater awareness resulting in more sales. But I'd rather get my machines cheaper and have more of them out there, so if you could email me more about that I sure would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

[ 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Mr Zabe
03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Red Bull Vendor,
I'm sorry you learned this the hard way that CC just makes good cash up front and does not support it's customers. I predicted as much a few months ago and was somewhat doubted for my views.

I hope your posting your story helps the next customer of CC be aware of what they may be in for. It took a lot of guts to share your story on this board. I always value the thoughts of those that have first hand experiences with business that hype up investment expectations.
Thanks

Red Bull Vendor
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
unless you have your own truck moving these machines is not a walk in the park, it requires a truck with a lift gate and a heavy duty appliance cart. if your are renting the truck its about $100.00 for the day with a cart. I will email you on the machines

bullman
03-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I was wondering about getting those machines moved around since I haven't actually seen one up close to know how big they are.

I have spoken with 2 people who have used CC, and they spoke very highly of them. Of course, CC gave me their names, and obviously, they aren't going to have me contact anyone who is going to trash them. But, they were newbies just like me and feel very good about how they were treated before and after the sale. They feel that CC wants to support their customers well because they want to sell more machines, and that can't happen unless their customers succeed and grow their routes. I don't know if that's a load of bunk, but it seems logical.

CC told me that they allow $75 towards truck rental to place the machines the first time. It's the next move-around that I'm concerned about.

[ 03-03-2006, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

MYSCONI
03-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Does anyone know where to get Red Bull Vending machines other Creative Concepts?

fusion
03-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Red Bull Vendor,
I'm sorry you learned this the hard way that CC just makes good cash up front and does not support it's customers. I predicted as much a few months ago and was somewhat doubted for my views.

I hope your posting your story helps the next customer of CC be aware of what they may be in for. It took a lot of guts to share your story on this board. I always value the thoughts of those that have first hand experiences with business that hype up investment expectations.
Thanks I agree with your post - and I have to say that I am surprised that people are still coming to this thread and talking about wiring CC money.

Five cans a day is a completely unacceptable vend rate. You can afford a few "dog" machines like that if you have hundreds of machines, but if you only have five, and they all vend five cans a day, your business is pretty much sunk.

Also, expect a lot of pressure from Coke and Pepsi - they both have energy drink exclusive vendors, and they can offer consumers a drink that is twice the size of your Red Bull. The average joe business owner who isn't familiar with the energy drink market may not be swayed by the Red Bull name versus Sobe, Amp, Rockstar and/or Full Throttle.

I'm not saying that you can't vend just Red Bull and be very successful. But I think those opportunities are few and far between.

fusion
03-04-2006, 03:16 AM
And as a side note, I'm not saying that to discourge anyone because I work for a large bottler - I say that from my experience in the business, plus what I have learned from the others who have posted here (there's no hidden agenda in my posts).

Red Bull Vendor
03-04-2006, 09:06 AM
WOW then they owe me $225.00 becasue they never gave me a cent. Go ahead and send them your money, in 2 months you will be back here bitching about getting ripped off and then you will be selling them on ebay for 1/2 the price, and I will probably be the one buying them. Some days I feel sorry for you newbies getting ripped, then the next day I buy one off ebay for $2100. Creative concepts is having you call their "plants" no one has ever called me, but that because I know the REAL facts. Save your money. $4200.00 is TOO much for a vending machine. They are buying these from royal vendors for under $2500.00. If I was making a $1700 profit per sale I will tell you what ever you want to hear, then a month later I will give you excuses that you are not trying hard enough, then I will stop returning calls. I hope you get the picture.

bullman
03-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull Vendor:
WOW then they owe me $225.00 becasue they never gave me a cent. Go ahead and send them your money, in 2 months you will be back here bitching about getting ripped off and then you will be selling them on ebay for 1/2 the price, and I will probably be the one buying them. Some days I feel sorry for you newbies getting ripped, then the next day I buy one off ebay for $2100. Creative concepts is having you call their "plants" no one has ever called me, but that because I know the REAL facts. Save your money. $4200.00 is TOO much for a vending machine. They are buying these from royal vendors for under $2500.00. If I was making a $1700 profit per sale I will tell you what ever you want to hear, then a month later I will give you excuses that you are not trying hard enough, then I will stop returning calls. I hope you get the picture. When you're right, you're right. You convinced me. I made up my mind to go through Creative Concepts yesterday, and now I've decided against it. I respect you, Red Bull Vendor, for flat out telling it like it is. It's a shame that a great way to make money (vending) gets exploited like that. I'm glad the next one won't be me.

Hey... my wife found a new source for me on Ebay... has anyone done business with PrimeVending.com before? They seem to have some good deals, just don't know if they're legit.

[ 03-04-2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

gopack4
03-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow, it's been an eye opener to read all the messages on this forum. I too have received a package from CC, and have been thinking about buying the 5 machine package. I just went to ebay and there are 2 red bull machines being auctioned for less than $2,000.00. I'm wondering if some of these people are trying to recoup their money that they gave CC.

Mr Zabe
03-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Is water wet? LMAO
Just my arm chair guess,YES.
Just like a new car,drive it off the lot and it automatically depreciates 10 to 15 percent.
Why not if you must buy a machine or two save yourself some money?

Liquid Energy Solutions
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey all,
I bought 25 machines and getting them out is a little slow. However, we did get a few out quickly and I agree that it is location that makes not just this vending business profitable, but any vending business. I have been in the vending business for many years and I anticipate make some bucks. I did not go with the locating company simply because I can get better placement. You also need some good business to business negotiating skills. Business isn't all glory, you need to work at it. I never pay more than .25 commission and half I pay none, but they get a better sales price for their employees. All my locations have more than 75 employees or very good foot traffic. I will answer any questions you ask with time alotted. Also, yeah CC is quirky and most are NY transplants. I actually flew down to meet with them. They are ligit.

almonkey
03-11-2006, 11:10 PM
I have 5 full size machines still crated on pallets in my garage that I received in January. Im selling them at a loss... buyer picks up or arranges shipping. I live in Salisbury, Maryland. I contacted CC and they said everything conveys warranties etc.

I believe this is a great opportunity and I jumped on it. Unfortunately, my husband isnt as thrilled and wont follow through. I just cant place them or maintain them so I figured I'd try to get some of my money back. Please email me if you are interested. Thanks pacitti@comcast.net

redbully
03-14-2006, 12:23 AM
I wish I had found this message board before I bought any machines. I purchased 5 and placed three my self. One a scamming locator got for me. I felt good about getting my locations and ordered 4 more right away. Now I relize how much i am not going to make and how much I will likely looose. My other four machines have not come in yet. But I have already paid CC. Has anyone out there refused delivery of the machines and got back theri money? Please let me know soon somebody i am feeling like a fool. Class action suit any one??

Mr Zabe
03-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Has your bank check cleared your account yet?
Maybe you can stop payment on the check. Did you sign a contract for the other new machines.

I'm not sure if refusing delivery will get your money back,especially if you signed a contract.

You may benefit by getting some advice from a lawyer who specializes in contract law.

Good Luck

redbully
03-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Thanks Mr. Zabe
yes my check has cleared. No I did not sign a contract for the last four machines. I did sign the purchase order but I think that is all. I'll make some phone calls tommorrow. Thanks for the advice. Do you have red bull machines?

Mr Zabe
03-14-2006, 01:18 AM
reedbully,
I do not have any vending machines.
I'm just a consumer (soda pop only LOL).

I do hope you get the best legal advice you can find. I'm not sure if a purchase order is legally binding in a business transaction.(Note a purchase order is an agreement for price and quantity of a community or goods.) The exchange of money could be the sticking point.

In this situation, I would consult a lawyer and be the best educated advocate you can be to let CC know that you will be a major pain if they do not work with you to get some or all of you money back. (Sorry for the long sentence.)

[ 03-14-2006, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

redbullseye
03-14-2006, 09:14 AM
has anyone used Advanced Placement Services to place there machines ????

MARSS VENDING
03-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Guys any advice? Iam at my last straw, I have tried every Gym, Bowling ally, businesses and even car dealers, it seems like every one has a contract with some vending company or Pepsi or Coke, all my 5 machines are still in the Garage and iam going out looking every day.

bullman
03-15-2006, 01:21 AM
What are they telling you when they say they have a contract? What do they mean when they say contract? Are they already getting Red Bull from someone else? If not, then what good is their contract? You're offering something that is not even in the same class if all they're getting is soda pop. You're actually doing them a favor by bringing it out to them. Their employees are probably having to stop in on the way to work to get some. What exactly are you saying when you see a prospect? Remember, this is sales, and I would make every preparation before you walk in anywhere. Have your own flyers, business cards, business name, etc...

[ 03-15-2006, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: bullman ]

New Buller
03-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Thanks to Internet, I am viewing and talking to you all. I am very new to this, actually just started a conversation with CC. I guess I've seen positives and negatives about them on this board. More negatives than positives though.

Has anyone used SUNRISE LOCATORS, INC.? Glenn Wender is the president. Please let me know your experiences.

Red Bull Vendor
03-15-2006, 07:47 AM
my best advise is to stop any communication with Creative Concepts, they are con artists, and if you want to lose your money, they can definately help you

MARSS VENDING
03-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Bullman, I have made color flyers with my information, also business cards. As soon as I try to talk to them they want to know why Iam there and as soon as I mention Vending machine, more or less they say they have a contract and not interested.

EntreEnergy
03-16-2006, 06:00 AM
I have followed this thread for about four months now, and have found most things posted to be so true in my experience so far with Red Bull vending machines.

I have not yet purchased my machines, and have been dealing with CC for about four-five months. I must say they are extremely lucky they are the exclusive distributors of these machines- I would not have had more than one conversation with them if this wasn't the case.
In my research CC isn't AS bad as the sales reps make them seem. The pushy reps and sleezy sales techniques are the fault of the individual.

I am very sorry to hear all of the recent stories of failure. I myself am new to the vending industry- but to be successful is the same across all forms of business. I have spent the last two months networking to find the highest traffic locations for my initial machines. I have two 3 year contracts (both in student living apartment complexes, 500 students, target market to a T), and have about 8 leads for my third machine- before I have sent any money. I know this doesn't help those who have purchased the machines already, but don't give up, and keep looking for other angles in finding locations. You will have no success walking into an office building with no lead and expect someone to give you the time of day.

I am interested in an earlier post about partnering with the local distributor- what were the perameters in this partnership? They sold you these machines fit for Red Bulls? I will be contacting my local distributor (central CA) tomorrow for information on this.

I have my money ready to send to CC...and besides all the horror stories, I don't want to send them the money simply because of the sales rep attitude (Liquid Energy Solutions was right on with NY transplants). Unfortunetly there is no other way of getting these machines, and I do see profits in this business if approached the right way. I have contemplated eBay, and I have not seen a machine sell for less than $3000- not worth it considering the risk. I contacted reps from Royal and Red Bull, both said they cannot do anything for me but to deal with CC. A Red Bull rep did take note of my complaints regarding CC.

Overall, to be successful as a startup it is important to treat this like a real business- obtain your ficticious business name, licenses, research until you know everything, and spend hours every day figuring out what you need to work on and get things done. Google anything you are not sure on. There are so many resources online- including this board.
Don't forget that lawyers and accountants are your best friends as an entreprenuer, do not try to heal yourself- it is worth the money to hire professional help.

I also want to add that the senior members at this board definetly know what they are talking about, and thanks to those who aren't in the energy vending industry and are just giving insight.

-Matt
Central Valley Energy Vending

Red Bull Vendor
03-16-2006, 08:01 AM
there are a few members on this board that are willing to sell their machines, give them a try befroe buying from CC. You will get your machines much faster. you will wait at least 7-10 week for delivery from CC and they RIP you on the shipping also. Try a member her you will have a much better business transaction

Ron Swedelson
03-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Tell Rod Jones hi for me.

EntreEnergy
03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
For personal transactions of this value, I would almost be willing to pay CC's hiked up price to ensure I do in fact get the machines. Fraud is really easy in a situation like this.

However,

I will buy machines for $2,000 each for those who are selling theirs at a loss.
email me at:
CVenergyvending@gmail.com

mwhite
03-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Stay away from Target Marketing for your locations. I just fielded 25 machines about 3 weeks ago and I am invoking their "replacement location" warranty on at least 20 of them if not more. Has anyone worked with the telesales locators that are housed in the same building with CC? They do everything over the phone instead of sending a sales rep out and have supposedly scored some great locations; again this is according to CC, so who actually knows.

Mr Zabe
03-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Just curious if I had a few new CC machines, should I trust your offer of $2,000. I mean would you send a cashiers check or wire part of the cost to cover the shipping. I would need a good deal of trust to accept your deal.

Good faith in a deal works both ways. Actually if possible, if I were you, I would fly out and look at the machines before laying out $2,000 each. Like I have said before, I'm very conservative when it comes to doing deals with new companies or private parties. I hate parting with my hard earned money.

[ 03-16-2006, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Red Bull Vendor
03-16-2006, 03:16 PM
mwhite,
I think they are called costal locators, they are just as bad as Target, if not worse. I paid for 3 locations, they goot me 2, in the process of locating the 2 I actually landed the 3rd location on my own. They still have not sent me a credit for 1 location yet. In this business I am finding out more each day to just try to locate yourself. Also stay away from Aron at All City Locators, he is a scam too.

mwhite
03-16-2006, 03:33 PM
how are the two that they got you doing?
are you willing to share daily averages?

SouthBull
03-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Very well put Entre- this is still sales- the ultimate goal here is to buy low and sell high. Do your homework and don't expect something to be handed to you. I don't fault CC at all for selling at high prices. If people don't buy, they can't sell.

Red Bull Vendor
03-16-2006, 11:31 PM
m white
One does about a can a day and the other does 1 1/2 cans a day. there not moving until I get another location, a can a day is better than my garage. I am hoping that they pick up with summer coming

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-16-2006, 11:51 PM
any other per machine, per day averages? 1-1.5 CANS A DAY?!?!?!

EntreEnergy
03-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Mr. Zabe (although you don't have any machines heheh), and others that want to sell their machines from CC, please email me at:

CVenergyvending@gmail.com

The cost to fly out to see a $2000 product wouldn't be cost effective. We can discuss all the details and come to a mutual agreement on terms.

Mr Zabe
03-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Cool. I try and bring up points that might help but as you can see,I do fly blind in that I do not know the details of each situation.

My Dad and I play this brain storming game. We will read or hear a news story and then try to pick out all the possible key elements. My brain has been trained to think like that. The problem is that I am forced to make some assumptions that may or may not be true for each person or situation.

EntreEnergy
03-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Veruca- I actually am getting a 3 machine package from CC. After a few weeks daily calls, and my repetative answer of "I am coming up with the funds", they lowered the minimum package.

For those of you that are selling less than 5 cans a day- spend every day hitting new locations, reformulating your sales pitch, research sales in general, and GET MORE SALES heh. In my performa, I am using 8 cans a day. In my own calculations of expanding, I am assuming 10. I will not be suprised if the locations I have secured sell upward of 20-50 on a good day. Veruca brought up a good point- the location isn't everything, promotion will increase the sales. IE I have been authorized to put flyers on every apt door informing the 1000+ college residents about the new vending machines...ooo finals are coming up...anyone think I will sell Red Bulls?

Red Bull Vendor
03-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Veruca,
If thats how you feel then slide back into lurking, I only state the facts.

"By the way, how did you manage to buy only THREE, when they sell initial startups with no less than 5? Just curious."

CC will sell you 1 machines if you really want it, they only want your money. They start with five and then work their way down. I began with CC from the start, when they endorsed the OLD machine, and I believe they did so with out RED BULLS permission, so when RED BULL stepped in with a lawsuit, CC backed the Royal Machine. I bought my first 3 machines for $8995.

Break it down
1000 cans of red bull @ $1.25 = $1250
Shipping for 3 machines = $850
Exclusive territory for 4 counties $1200.00
subtract all of these costs and you get $5695 divide that by 3 and its. $1898 per machine. This is the same machine as everyone is paying $3000-$4000 each for. I gave them the line that I was going to be getting 20 more when these were located, I think they we more than happy to sell knowing that they were going ot get a follow up sale. When I called for the next machines the lowest I could get them to was $2850 each PLUS shipping. I wont pay that

"You have also done nothing but slam the cost of the machines while promoting your own unauthorized "branded" machines for sale in multiple posts. "

For your information this are NOT my machines, these are machines that creative concepts started with, Ijust happen to know who the distributor is, I will not post the name, but if any one want it I would be more than happy to get them the info. These machines were manufactured for CC and they backed out of teh contract and switched to ROYAL and left them sitting with 500 plus machines.They do work well in vending Red BUll and other 8.4 oz cans, But if you are going to vend others you need to peel the Red Bull labels off. I use thes eon locations that I get from my RED BULL distributors, so if they like they they MUST be OK

"How dare you tell someone what they can expect? "

They ask for MY sales, not what to expect, I could give them any number, BUT i gave the truth. CC gives you unrealistic numbers just to get the sale. They tell you that they have many, many vendors getting 30+ cans a day and its a lie, I called on one that CC gave me for a contact, they would not even give me an address, just towns.

"By the way, from order to arrival of my machines was exactly TWO WEEKS. You are the only person I have ever heard of who waited as long as you are suggesting."

Good you you, they must have had plenty sitting around. I have seen a few post of delatyed shipping, not just mine.

Enjoy yourself in lurking, I will continue to state the facts.

As a closer, I enjoy selling redbull out of vending machines, I have never said it wont work and I will never bash teh concept of vending it, BUT i will however let you know that CC is not the only way to go about selling RED BULL in vending machines. They are though teh most expensive route and when you do sue tehm, they are the ones getting RICH not you.

mwhite
03-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Lively discussion.

Veruca - CC has to take some responsibility for the numbers that they put out. People make decisions and formulate business plans based on those numbers. Just because you don't catch them in the process of defrauding you before you make the purchase doesn't make their fraud any less reprehensible. Caveat Emptor should not be the basis for any business.

As an example you state that Marion county is one of your areas. I have a document from CC stating that there will only be 3 distributors in Marion County. I know the other two and you were not one of them. This company is operating with no regard for any form of business legitimacy. They cannot last this way and I think they know it. With as many complaints as RedBull has received about the way CC does business it is inconceivable that CC's contract will be renewed. They know that so they have no incentive to do anything but move machines in any way they can, as fast as they can, before their contract with RB is up.

Red Bull Vendor - thanks for the can avg info. I'm doing 2.8 cans a day across a 25 machine spread. I don't doubt that there are locations out there doing 20 a day but I am certain they are few and far between. Anything with that kind of foot traffic will almost certainly be under an exclusive contract with one of the large vending companys. They may not be selling RB out of the machines we have but they ARE vending Red Bull. Mostly out of food machines using a "vend kit" that is given to them by they package distributor, Olinger in Indiana. Any of these companys can also buy the Royle machines that we have through the package distributor if they should want.

The way the Reb Bull corporate guys described it to me was that the CC program was intended to "fill in the gaps" in up-and-down the street traffic. Which is fine if that's the way the program is being sold; but I think we all know that that is not how CC is marketing the program.

bullman
03-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Wow, Veruca Vending, what a great post! I can tell you have really become a student of your business and understand it very well. Thank you for giving advice to those of us who are newbies!

I hit the street yesterday with my all my gear and got my first location! I came back and ordered my first machine last night. I believe this is how I will do it... get the location first, then buy the machine, at least until I get a feel for how long it takes me on average to get locations. This one, being my first is a company with 60 employees, many of whom work evenings and weekends. I will have access to my machine during these times as well, which makes it great for me because I have a full time sales job (but want to work my business full time as quickly as I can) and tending to this machine during off times couldn't be better for me. They also have a big break room and have no other energy drink machines. Mine will vend Red Bull, Monster, Sobe and Starbucks Double Shot. I want to make sure my source for the machine is good, and until I have complete confidence in the source, I'm doing this one machine at a time (and until I get "comfortable" with my ability to secure good locations). I will let everyone know how this approach is working out as soon as I get my machine, get it set up and on location.

The collective advice in this forum is mind-blowing. Veruca, please do not resort to only lurking here. Your input has been extremely helpful to me as well as to others. We can all help make each other successful running our own businesses.

[ 03-17-2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Mr Zabe
03-17-2006, 06:54 PM
bullman,
Way to go!!!!
You seem to be less of a newbie and more of pro. smile.gif
With your mix of drinks you should not miss too many sales. smile.gif
Zabe

[ 03-17-2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

wahl
03-18-2006, 06:41 PM
This is for you Mr. Zabe and the saint - in the last 72 hours I have sold over 300 cans in the convention center that you claimed need some bribery and such. Just ordered more machines. Our business has more than tripled since November. Just thought you might be interested!!

Mr Zabe
03-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Good for you and best of luck. smile.gif
I merely posted about how Chicago is a very politically connected city. Just look at the past few months of all the city officials that have been caught taking bribes and stold money and material from the city.

I can only speak from my own local situation. Don't thank me, thank yourself for finding a hot location. I have no care how much you sell or not sell. I do have an opinion be it a conservative one. That's what makes this board interesting. smile.gif

EntreEnergy
03-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Congrats bullman on finding your location. How did you set up your contract? It sounded like there are other vending machines there, so going for exclusivity wouldn't work- but try to make your contract length as long as possible (even if you give them the option to void with 30 days notice)- this allows you as a business owner to valuate your business if you want to sell.

wahl how did you approach that convention center in day 1? Was it a cold sale? I have been thinking about having a 'mobile' vending machine going to different fairgrounds and convention centers for big events, but want to figure the best way to go about it before I start making calls.

Ive heard places like these actually rent you the square footage- or are you giving % of gross?

wahl
03-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Mr Zabe - Thanks for the kind words. I just think it's important that people know that this can work. There is a whole lot of negativity surrounding these machines and not too much positive.

bullman
03-18-2006, 09:49 PM
EntreEnergy, since it is just for one machine, it's not really a contract, but an acknowledgement of what I will provide (the machine, keeping it stocked and working, etc...)and what they will provide (electricity, reasonable access to the machine, etc...) and that my company retains exclusive rights and ownership of the machine, and that if it fails to operate correctly, they contact me within 48 hours, etc... I also have included that if either of us feels that it is no longer in our best interest to continue the relationship, either of us can notify the other of our intent to end the relationship. Here's the deal... if it's not a profitable location, I don't want to be bound to keep my machine there. If I don't provide them with great service, they won't want me there and most certainly won't be buying from my machine. So I don't see any reason to have a binding contract, other than to clearly state what our roles are in the relationship. If they want you out of there, you'll be out of there with or without a contract in this scenario.

On the other hand, if I'm placing multiple machines, then I think a binding contract is smart business. If you're placing 3 or 4 machines in a location, chances are it's a good location and business should be good. It's also a pain to locate that many machines into a location and can be expensive, so you don't want to run the risk of getting kicked out as soon as you move in. So in this case, I think a binding contract is in order. Just my thoughts... others may rightfully differ in their opinion of this.

EntreEnergy
03-18-2006, 10:16 PM
in my contracts I give myself permission to leave with 30 days notice, and the other way around. They are still in a 3 year automatic renewing contract. This acknowledgement you had signed by both parties and have a copy yes?

wahl answer my question! lol

bullman
03-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Exactly. They have a copy and I have a copy. If there's an unresolveable problem with my machine being there, I will yank it out of there as quickly as I can and relocate it so as to restore the revenue stream as fast as possible. These machines cost way too much to sit for any length of time without creating income.

Mr Zabe
03-18-2006, 11:46 PM
I agree with bullman. Agreeing to 30 days dose what to solve your problem? Bottom line your interests come first. It's your machine you are responsible for it's up keep and so on. I would make sure your site had been paid per your agreement. After that, like bullman said, yank it and find a new location. You do not owe the site anything but proper care of the machine and payment of shared revenues.

[ 03-18-2006, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

EntreEnergy
03-19-2006, 02:37 AM
and when you have 50 machines with 3 year contracts and sell your small route for a million you will thank the contracts heheh. You can put in a 3 year contract that if you don't have enough sales you can pull the machine, as long as the other party agrees. Contracts I believe are nearly as important in vending as they are for other industries such as cell phones.

bullman
03-19-2006, 08:57 AM
That's a good point and may be something I change to in my paperwork after I get established. However, if 80% of your route has been in place for multiple years, that should speak louder than a 3-year contract. It all comes back to how well you're taking care of the customer because if the new person buying your route can't provide good service, he won't keep those customers contract or no contract.

Red Bull Vendor
03-19-2006, 10:47 AM
wahl

I think the negativity surrounds Creative Concepts values and sales tactics, not the actual vending of RED BULL. As I stated before, I enjoy doing this, but I want others to know you dont just buy machines, have them located, fill them with RED BULL, and then take the money. This is how CC pretty much sells the franchise. They are not the only ones, Vendstar does it with bulk candy machines. Its just thier way to make a quick buck. Vending is a business, it takes time and management, and lots of educations, you dont get rich by just buying machines for CC. This is very noticeable if you go to ebay and look, there are lots of RedBull machines for sale, this shows that there is lots of failure with this business. I enjoy my Red Bull vending business, right now it is part time, and I expect it to become full time within a year. So any negativity of mine in pointed to Creative Concepts and not the Red Bull vending concept.

bullman
03-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I agree, Red Bull Vendor. If one is going to successfully market their business, it does take a lot of work. I have put a lot of work into it already and have only just started hitting the street with it. There is a lot of planning and preparation, and it's not always obvious until you really get into it what all is involved. But I love it.

[ 03-19-2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Mr Zabe
03-19-2006, 03:55 PM
But I love it. bullman
You make a great statement! Not to sound overly sappy;when you put you heart and soul into something,it becomes more than just a business. In my experience "But I love it" drives me to stay up all night reading/researching topics on the cyber highway or working on writing a poem or story. It means posting on this board,not because of anything else other than I love too.

The same goes with anything in life, my theory is that once one gets into the "zone" one can accomplish anything in life. No company can give one the "zone", yet it's there for the effort and taking.

[ 03-19-2006, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

redbullseye
03-19-2006, 08:13 PM
anyone with CC machines know if the keys they give us to open the machine and open the money door work with all machines?????

mwhite
03-20-2006, 07:09 AM
yes, if you ordered the machines in one block on the same order and they shipped at the same time they should all have the same locks; both exterior and interior.

redbullseye
03-20-2006, 07:18 AM
i hate to say this but everyone beware.im from ny and i met a guy from fla. and my keys open his machines!!!!!!!!

mwhite
03-20-2006, 09:25 AM
there is an rvg number on the key and on the lock set; I guess a few of us from different geographical areas could get together off the board and find out. I'm willing if anyone wants to find out. I was told by the tech spt guys at CC that no two orders should be the same lockset. Obviously there are not an infinite number so at some point two machines will have the same locks but you would hope that would be rare.

Molson
03-20-2006, 02:48 PM
I too have been contemplating buying Red Bull machines. I have almost pulled the trigger, but this board has given me alot to think about. I did have a few questions.

I have been calling on prospects that I believe would be a good fit for the Red Bull machines, and the most common answer I get is that we already have a contract with a vending supplier. For those who are in the business, does this mean that they cannot get any other vending machines from any other company? Or does it mean they must maintain the current machines they currently have?

I would only assume that if their current supplier does not have the Red Bull machines, they would be able to use a supplier that does?

mwhite
03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Molson

the problem you'll run into is not whether the existing vendor has the RB machines that CC is selling but whether they are vending RedBull through other machines. If they are, and they almost certainly are, the location owner has no incentive to let you in whether or not he has an exclusive agreement.

Molson
03-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I have been cold calling for many, many years. As much as I hate it, unfortunately, I am good at it. With the amount of experience I have, I am able to tell how much difficulty I will have if I stop by the company just by the type of "no" they give me over the phone.

I am also using cold calling as information gathering. I hate to go into a potential prospect without having all of the facts (not to mention, a name of somebody to talk to). It would be a waste of my time to stop by this company if my only response to the above statement was "OK, thanks, bye." And yes, they are larger companies (over 1000 employees-Never hurts to ask).

I have landed one very nice contract, however, it was with the help of a friend who works at the company. And this will be my strategy; land a client then purchase the machine.

bullman
03-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Veruca is right on the telemarketing issue. Unless you're targeting large companies, don't waste your time with it, and, I would only telemarket as a last resort - AFTER you've been there in person and have been told you cannot see that person without an appointment. I have found that in-person cold-calling works well, networking is even better if you know someone who knows someone and can get you in. Try old-business relationships, particularly if you've ever been in sales. You might be surprised at how many former customers you can think of that you used to do business with at one time or another. Bascially, credibility is everything, and if you can present yourself in person, you'll have the best chance.

Mr Zabe
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I do not know if this would be too expensive to do,maybe bring a couple of cold cans of Red Bull to those "calls" that have good leeds.

I worked at Developer/Construction company. I ended up being in charge of purchasing/negotiating with a few vendors,this was from 1984 till 1997. My blue print paper vendor would visit me 2 to 3 times a year. He always gave our receptionist a big box of Wrigley's gum and a box for me. It was his way of thanking me for the business. (I always handed out the gum to my office mates.)

[ 03-20-2006, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Swindlebk
03-21-2006, 01:44 PM
This is a great forum. I am close to purchasing some machines from CC. I would appreciate any e-mails on your successes and failures.

EntreEnergy
03-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I have yet to find a vendor that vends Red Bulls. Even with this point why would a large company want someone they don't know vending at their location regardless of what the product is? This goes back to networking..and cold calling is an option, not the best-but it still has a small success rate.

Zabe very good point when showing up cold. One of our pitches with these machines is increased/
productivity. Show up and give employees red bulls and the chances of a contract will
increase significantly

Swin- take your time before you make the purchase, don't buy into their pressure techniques. CC is only authorized seller, but you can buy from private party if you find the right deal/and can trust.

bullman
03-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by EntreEnergy:
cold calling is an option, not the best-but it still has a small success rate. I agree that networking is best, but cold calling can be extremely effective when done properly. If one has a sales background, cold calling should be near the top of your list of location-getting activities. As with any business, we are in the business of selling, and it starts by selling ourselves. Sure, you're gonna get objections... they're gonna tell you they don't have room for any more machines, and that they already have a vendor, and so on. So what! Go to the next one and maybe they'll let you in.

[ 03-21-2006, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Mr Zabe
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
bullman,
I agree. Good sales-manship is the key. I have been pitched by some "old school" salesman that could sell cat litter for our companies rest rooms.LMAO I mean that they have a way of working a NO into getting one to think about his "No" in a easy gentel way.

Meaning a good salesman/women can get at least a semi-open thought into a customer's mind. That's the key,it's like fishing, throw out a juicy worm and the fish will at lest swim by and look at it if not try and eat it.

Just a thought from my experience of being on both sides of the "pitch".

[ 03-21-2006, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

just thinkin
03-21-2006, 10:53 PM
What would happen if somebody placed a redbull machine somewhere next to a machine that did not vend red bull and the other vendor decides to vend redbull for a cheaper price just to ruin your sales and make you leave. I mean this could happen could it not?And you could only drop your price so low, so I guess what I am wondering is are there certain guidelines as far as does a person with the redbull machine have power over the person without the machine because of the machine itself. I mean if there was a coke machine in a location where another vendor was would the other vendor be able to vend coke in the same location for a lesser price or would coke have a problem with that?

EntreEnergy
03-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Thats where the vending contract/rights come in. People don't just go infront of stores and place machines, they comprise a contract and gives the vendor rights to vend. If you got the rights to vend in a location, and this location already had other beverage machines, you would try to press exclusive red bull rights at that location.

If you can't get that but still can vend at the location, not only are most machines labeled coke or pepsi exluding red bull sales, but the generic machine can't vend the 8.3 oz cans.

mwhite
03-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Larger vending companies with the help of RBNA are vending RB out of rotary food machines. RBNA, through the local package distributer, is offering anyone who wants them free "vend kits". The vend kit consists of a bunch of plastic stands that the RB can leans back on in the snack/food machine so that you can still see the product label. The can is too tall to stand upright in most of these type machines. Kit also contains flyers to put up around the break room and a small podium type display for the same purpose. This is the rub with most of the "exclusive" contracts these large vendors have with the location owner. The location owner is only allowed to bring in a vendor outside the contract if it is for a product that the contract vendor does not offer. Since most of the large vendors in this area at least are vending RB in this way there are virtually no inroads into these accounts. Due to this I am beginning to focus on new businesses opening up; or existing businesses opening in new locations. AS I land more lucrative locations I will begin to move my existing machines that are in sub-prime locations to the newer ones. My only point in bringing all this up is that CC's efforts to deconflict vendors that have bought their (CC's) machines is really the least of our worries. Someone snagging a location on the edge of my territory, while obviously not an ideal situation, is really a secondary concern to the large vending operators haveing the ability to vend the product, with RBNA's help, virtually locked up.

bullman
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by EntreEnergy:
generic machine can't vend the 8.3 oz cans. I will know in a few days whether or not this can be done using a generic machine with compatible shim kits. I'll post my results in about a week.

Mr Zabe
03-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Just a thought.

Do you think the energy drink companies had any idea that not following the soda pop norm for can and bottle size and style, would create such a hardship for the vending industry.

Could you imagine the increase in vend sales if Red Bull was originally launched in 12oz cans? Gee energy drink retail and vend sales would be cut throat in cost both in whole sale and retail. Maybe that was the thinking for going into odd sizes and shapes. (Better control of price,not based on actual demand.)

[ 03-22-2006, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

bullman
03-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by mwhite:
This is the rub with most of the "exclusive" contracts these large vendors have with the location owner. The location owner is only allowed to bring in a vendor outside the contract if it is for a product that the contract vendor does not offer. That's a good selling point for shopping around and not jumping on the Creative Concepts deal.

Geez, I thought location gatekeepers were just saying they had exclusive contracts for no other reason but to get rid of me. I'm going to start asking them if they will take a moment to go get the contract so we can look at it together and see what it actually says vs. them taking the vending company's service rep's word on it. I might get tossed out on my ear, but if I don't have a chance of getting in otherwise, what have I got to lose? I might actually find out if they're telling me the truth.

And if they do have an exclusive contract, I wouldn't be surprised if the exclusivity extends also to what the vending company COULD vend if requested by the customer. In other words, an exclusive right to first refusal on vending any product not currently offered, at which point if the vendor refuses, the customer could go through someone else for that product.

It seems like the only time it would benefit a customer to agree to something like that would be if they're a HUGE account and require LOTS of machines and the vendor won't supply that many machines unless they know the amount of business they do there is protected by limiting or excluding competition. Mainly due to the cost - and the risk - of putting so many "eggs" in one basket.

But for accounts with 100 employees or less and have only a few machines in a single break area, I would have to challenge whether having an "exclusive contract" is really valid and not just some contrived answer they give just to get rid of you.

[ 03-22-2006, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Griffin
03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to post a few things. I just found this board today and read all the posts. I find the difference in opinions and experiences very interesting. I purchased 5 machine from Creative Concepts a couple months ago. The salesperson I have dealt with has been nothing but friendly and helpful with me. A few points I'd like to make:

I used alocating company that was recommended by CC. While they recommended this company, they also reccomended 6 more to me and told me that they had names and numbers of more if I needed them. I called and interviewed all six companies before choosing one. I finally settled on Evans Consulting out of Ohio. Once I hired Evans Consulting, I was in contact with the locator within a day and he had found me 5 locations within 1 week. This would be good except for the fact that the locations sucked, but the locator demanded to be paid anyway. I spoke to CC about this and they spoke with Evans Consulting. The salesperson at CC was very good at helping to work out the situation and got me a full refund from the locating company. I want to stress that I do not believe this was the locating companies fault, but the actual locator in my state that they outsourced to. Bottom line, Creative Concepts has been great and has helped me out along the way.

Also, I would like to point out how good Creative Concepts has been at getting me marketing materials. If you call and speak to customer service, they have no problem overnighting you both marketing fliers and posters. The posters are to hang up and advertise Red Bull of course, and the fliers are very nice full color glossy fliers that you can hand out to owners/managers to try and secure a location. Creative Concepts is more than happy to send yo uas many of these as you need so you don't have to make up your own brochure.

I currently have 3 machines installed. One fo them is in a Motel near Disneyland. The machine is visible from the street. This machine only seels an avg of 3-6 cans per week. The second machine is inside a Dairy Queen. This machine averages .5 cans a week. The third machine is inside a mortgage company with around 60 employees. This machine averages 20 cans a week. I am not very happy with the performacne of any of the machines. I will definitely be relocating the motel and Dairy Queen machines soon.

I have been cold calling in to many places a lot and have also found that many places have exclusive vending contracts with Coke or Pepsi. In speaking with these companies I have learned that they are not allowed to vend Red Bull because it would directly compete with Coke's Full Throttle or Pepsi's Rockstar energy drink. If Coke and Pepsi did not make their own energy drink, it would be a different story, but ehy do. That is why it is nearly impossible to get in to any of the big locations that already have contracts with Coke or Pepsi. If any of you on here have any advice on finding great locations though, please let me know as I am trying to find new locations myself, and have not had much luck.

[ 03-23-2006, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Griffin ]

Mr Zabe
03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
My two cents.
From what you are saying premium locations (ones that have the most potential) are for the most part tied into contracts.

Question? Did CC ever mention word one that the vending business's prime locations would be under contract with the Big Three soda pop companies? I think that is one of the biggest beefs with CC. They did not inform their customers of the existing markets. I said this a long time ago,CC is in the business of selling machines; what ever else you can squeeze out of them post sale is hit or miss. It appears there is a lot of customer service variation.

[ 03-23-2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

bullman
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I have heard the phrase "in code" in a few posts recently. May I ask a stupid question? What does "in code" refer to?

Mr Zabe
03-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Not a stupid question.
"In code" is the term used when the product has not passed it's use by date and or the product has not passed the products standard shelf life.
For example most regular soda pops have a 9 month from birth date shelf life. So from the born date to nine months the product would be "in code".

bullman
03-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Thank you Mr. Zabe! That makes perfect sense!

bullman
03-23-2006, 08:14 PM
I have to ask... with all the talk about how hard it is to get into good locations with all the exclusive contracts are out there, and with all the horror stories I've read about machines only selling single digit numbers per week - I have to wonder - are people on this board "playing down" their actual numbers?

I'm not at all saying it's easy. I've done some limited in-person cold-calling as I can work it into my day (usually just a couple of hours 1 day per week), and for the most part, they tell me who's already in there doing the vending and I get the name of the person who I need to speak with, which more often than not is either a plant manager or a human resources person. That, or they tell me they don't have enough room for an extra machine (usually if that's true, it probably is not a good location anyway).

I would like to think that if there are 50 to 100 people who have access to my machine at some point on a daily basis that surely I can sell anywhere between 15 to 25 cans per DAY, with some machines doing better than that depending on the location.

I agree with Veruca, care needs to be given to choosing a location. I can't just up and pull a machine out any old time I want to. Right now, working a full-time sales job, that would be a MAJOR inconvenience. I need to place them right the first time.

But I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on this board is getting decent numbers at all, like 15 - 25 cans per day. Is it really as bad as everyone is saying it is?

[ 03-23-2006, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Mr Zabe
03-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Sometime it take's me a few days to see the obvious. LOL If a company has for example a total blue and white collar work force of say 100 people. In order to evaluate the potential for a Red Bull machine, would it not be wise to ask the company to place a poster with some sort of sign up sheet to poll the employees who would vend at a Red Bull vending machine. You could offer a promotion of free products during a certain day and certain time.

This way you have an unscientific yet useful way to predict potential vends. When I managed my company's Coke machine I did this polling for new flavors. It worked well.

Just IMO.

[ 03-23-2006, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

bullman
03-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Mr. Zabe, that is an excellent idea! Maybe one could also offer free samples of Red Bull in small cups as they conduct the poll.

Only problem with the samples is that a lot of people don't necessarily like the taste of Red Bull the first time they try it. It sometimes takes drinking it once in a while to acquire a taste for it.

But polling oughta work as long as the company will let you conduct the poll. Great idea!!

SDR
03-23-2006, 10:00 PM
There is some great information in this forum. I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction; I am in the early stages of trying to place a RB machine on a small college campus. The problem I am having is that all of the students have meal cards that they can use on the vending machines on campus. Is there a way to add an attachment to a RB machine to accept college meal cards? (probably similar to a credit card) I have a call into Royal as well. I think that if I can talk the school into letting me do it without that option the kids will still pay cash. Any thoughts? Also if any of you are set up on a college campus are you keeping your standard price per can or incraesing it?

Thanks for your input

brn
03-24-2006, 01:33 AM
Hey guys,

I've got some machines out in my city as well, and I went through C.C. Honestly with them it's a mixed bag of goodies you might get an a-hole one minute and you might get an alright guy the next. I wish they did a little bit more research with what locations they said were fair game though, like fitness centers, malls, and colleges. It's just not that easy with exclusivity, contracts, and all. You really have to sell your company and who you are, and you definitely have to make a good proposal/offering. I'm slowly up and coming, but it wasn't easy and no I'm not doing 10 plus cans for every machine. It's a long term investment with this, and if your not one of the lucky few, you'll be putting in a lot of hours and working for your own company for free for a while. Kudos to those of you who can do 30 plus cans a day, but I'm sorry, that's not the majority, and it's all about what resources you have at your disposal, or what resources you make for yourself. DON'T GO WITH A LOCATOR!!! I spent over $3,000 dollars with Advanced Placement Services, and I worked with Jay and Barry. Their website is vendingplacement.com. Yeah they can sell soda, gumball, and snack machines, but what they fail to realize is that Red Bull is a niche market, and it's a market they and many locators don't know. Locators are not in your best interest. As a matter of fact, they work with a conflict of interest. They will do multiple accounts at the same time, and if they like the other guy better, they will give them the less crappier locations, but trust me, most locations will be dissappointing. If they find an awesome location they will not give it to you. They will sell it to the highest bidder like an auction, because of it's prime location. I worked with Fred Nix from APS, and he made racist Mexican comments to me, and they still made him work with me. Trust me, most locators are corrupt so don't waste your time. You know your market better than they do. They just go from location to location with their heads up their asses asking to put a machine in a building not determining the possible success of that location, and if you question it, they will swear up and down that they have been doing this for ten years and just go with that location. They will screw you.

****The last thing, make sure your location has longevity and not novelty. You are at risk because you are only selling Red Bull. We are one trick ponies until Red Bull decides to diversify their product line. Make sure your vending machine is in a location that will stand the test of time and the fickle consumer, or you will be disappointed. Good luck to all, and remember patience is a virtue.

SDR
03-24-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks Veruca. I will look into this info today. Unless they allow me to charge a higher price per can to offset the cost of that technology I will stick with good old cash.

Solo
03-24-2006, 11:24 AM
ADVANCED PLACEMENT SERVICES is the worst company to deal with!! They are nothing but a scam!!! They gave me locations that I went to and these locations didn't even want a machine there. I have been fighting with them for over 2 months. They dont' return phone calls or emails. I use to call them daily until I gave up on them. NO ONE USE ADVANCED PLACEMENT!!!!!!

mwhite
03-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Same for Target Marketing out of Aptoka, FL.

mwhite
03-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Zabe

Ive been with this thread for about a month now and I finally have to ask.. What is "LOL"? Lots of Luck: Line Of Logic... what?

bullman
03-24-2006, 04:59 PM
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
IMO = In My Opinion
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

Mr Zabe
03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
LMAO = Laugh My As$ Off
IMO = In My Opinion
smile.gif = Smiley Face
:( = Frown, Not Happy Face

Don't worry these were used when message boards and email were in the early days before emoticons.
I'm a little old school and have a habit of wanting to let people know my mood. smile.gif

[ 03-24-2006, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

bullman
03-24-2006, 07:00 PM
I wondered what LMAO meant!

Mr Zabe
03-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Here's one I don't use very often .
ROTFL = Roll On The Floor Laughing

I'm not into floor laughing. LOL

Mr Zabe
03-24-2006, 10:10 PM
I would hate to see us negotiate the profits. LOL
We would have to all get locked in a room with padded walls. ROTFL
(That was for bullman.)

Seriously, it's healthy and very nice to share views and know that disagreeing is cool. It's clear collectively we (in a very sappy way) do have each other's back.

[ 03-24-2006, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

redbullseye
03-26-2006, 08:53 PM
heres a new one A.P.S.S. Advanced placement services SUCKS.

redbullseye
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey brn, did you ever get your money back or did you chaulk it up as a loss?

EUROvend
03-28-2006, 11:38 AM
I have been doing research on this Red Bull Vending/Creative Concepts for a year now. Even flew to Ft. Lauderdale to meet them. I am new to this message board and have not yet bought a machine even after a year. IT IS BEST not to go with CC unless you have alot of capitol laying around or can secure a loan from SBA or a lender be it a bank or private investor. (Best bet is to acquire free gov. grant money -good luck tho) A year ago I would have said go with these guys, but now, they are swamped with orders and inquires. and most are looking for a quick sale as many of you are pointing out. Also the machines are newer and better and more expensive (again already pointed out on here) plus, they are popping up on auction sites, newspapers, and classifieds all the time. MY recommendation is this....you don't have to have a flashy machine if you want to sell, just buy one of the generic machines. I would be glad to answer any questions any of you may have. I have put together biz plans, met with banks and all sorts of people, done tons of research and formed a business (EURO vending LLC). As far as Creative goes, contact them and use their business packet they send you to your advantage. Once established it would not hurt to go thru them, but again, the machines are only going thru the roof as far as prices go. (I am getting ready to buy several used machines in the next few weeks will keep all of u posted) LASTLY...It may interest some of you to know that you have NO protection against outsiders if you think you have secured "territory rights" for an area. Anyone can move in on you and you can move in on anyone. The only way this works is that CC will not sell to anyone else in a certain area that has already been sold to someone else. In english: Say I buy 5 machines and they (CC) give me the "rights" to an area. You could not buy machines from them for that same area if I have the rights to them. Buy a used machine from a private seller and put it in my area and at best I could file a civil suit against you, but unless you have your own legal work done CC nor Red Bull will help you and most likely I am helpless to stop ya. It IS best not to do this however unless you want to start a vandalize war with competitors. LOL Glad to find this message board, do not hessitate to ask me anything. Tons of great info on here so far, keep it up!..EUROvend

Mr Zabe
03-28-2006, 02:09 PM
EUROvend,
Welcome to the CC love fest.(Sarcastic remark)
Zabe

qce1051
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Hello, I am new to this message board. Queen City Equipmet the company I work for does refurbished soda machines and now has the capability of doing refurbished Red Bull machines. These are not the same machines as the Royal Red Bull machines sold by creative concepts. These are either Vendo or Dixie Narco models. The models are veried based on if there are shim kits to convert regular can selections into the 8.3 oz. can size. The nice thing about these machines are that you can advertise the Red Bull, however you can offer other products as well including other energy drinks. These machines have Red Bull Fronts and side decals, as many selections converted to do Red Bull as you choose up to 8. We have been working with Red Bull North America to get these shim kits and front and side decals. The machines look very nice and can save you a lot of money. If interested send your contact information to info@queencityequipment.com

redbullseye
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
does anybody know if theres a way to put anything other than 8 1/2 once cans in the new red bull machines ?

redbullseye
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
sorry 8.3 once cans

EntreEnergy
03-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Other 8.3 oz cans would fit, but its a red bull machine so I would't see how that would work.

You guys wouldn't believe the conversations i've had with CC the last few days. I dropped the bomb on the rep I had been dealin with that I was takn a different route in vending...and he went nuts! Not only have I had threatening messages the last month- but he was literally yelling on the phone lol. One of his sentences I quote: "You obvoiusly don't have what it takes to succeed in this business- and i expect to be compensated for my wasted efforts helping you"

I reply "What do you mean by that?"

"I want you to send me 8$0 for the over night shipping of the business packet and the work that ive put in for you"

!!!! This guy is out of his mind. I'm considering sending him a check for $1.87 for the shipping lol. I'm never doing business with CC no matter what their prices become.

EntreEnergy
03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
that was $80..and the way he said it was too much...also i forgot to mention...this was at 9:30am on sunday!!!!

Griffin
03-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Care to reveal the name of the rep?

Mr Zabe
03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Gee, what an experience. I like your idea. You have nothing to worry about. This sales person may just be a stray goat but still needs to be called out on the harassment(near harassment) style of customer service. IMO

Red Bull Vendor
03-29-2006, 09:16 PM
WOW, I have talked to a few salesmen there, do you care to share his name.

EUROvend
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Why would anyone do what? Maybe I typed that so nobody understood. Let we rephrase that comment. I have been doing research on RedBull Vending for a year, been in contact with CC for the same time. I have not been doing research on them lol. I did check them out with RBNA though. They are recognized, but man way overpriced. Sorry for that mix up. The onlhy reason I have not been able to purchase a machine is because things with college keep poping up and I lose the capitol to bill collectors. I'll be graduating soon however and will be taking a route other then CC. Again my apologies to anyone who did not understand. I just have tons and tons of info I have collected and would like to share it for those who have any questions....thnx..EURO

just thinkin
03-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Its funny how there is so many scientists doing research on cc. I think I am going to start a company that will do research on vending companies and locaters and opportunities.

EntreEnergy
03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not too sure about posting the reps name...but after thinking about the way he has done business why would I take his reputation into consideration??? lol.

Eddie- the most rediculous sales rep I will ever come across

bullman
03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey.... wow. NO KIDDING!!! That's the same guy I was talking to several weeks ago when we almost made the CC plunge. Obviously this guy belongs in New York (no offense if anyone is from there), but this guy really took the cake.

Someone else on here somewhere mentioned that they had been working with Eddie as well and had a few choice words to say about it as I recall.

johamtz
03-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Just got an email from Red Bull USA, they state the following.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Red Bull has agreed to a formal buy-sell arrangement with Creative Concepts. While a contract is now in place providing them with a source for our proprietary vending machines and product through authorized Red Bull Distributors, terms of this contract are confidential. Please contact Creative Concepts directly for further information.

johamtz
03-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Just got another email regading Red Bull directly providing machines, they state the following.

Red Bull does not have a formal vending machine program at this time. Our distributors do work with third party vending companies who are already established and have a number of their own vending machines in different locations. If the third party vending company wants to get Red Bull vending machines, our distributor can provide them as loaners.

We do not have a program where we sell our vending machines to individuals. If you want are interested in purchasing Red Bull vending machines, you would need to contact Creative Concepts directly.

Seaside
03-31-2006, 02:00 PM
I've heard that your local distributor can get machines. CC told me that the distributors get 25 machines per week to be divided between all the distributors in the country. They get 2% of the production of the new machines and CC gets 98%.

RedBull NY
03-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Hello to everyone in the forum. I am new to the Forum. I purchased 5 vending machines from cc and their service was good in terms getting the machine delivered and the time it took. The one thing that they need to become better is there location services. I just finished placing my machines in 3 24hr Laundromats, car detailing place, and cashier. I am going to see how it goes. I wanted to ask those who have these machines what is the average price you are selling them at and how much commission are you giving your respective location. Thanks

EUROvend
03-31-2006, 04:10 PM
So basically you can contact RBNA or a local distributor to get a machine for free temp. as a loaner? I would just like to have 1 to experiment with, move around and see what it does w/o obligation to buy. I can't seem to get anyone to return a call, I'm in Ky and even called a distributor out in Iowa. No answers. Is it the death penalty to a distributor who loans a machine out or something? lol. This loaner aspect needs some clearing up. Anyone know how long a loan is for if applicable?

Red Bull Vendor
03-31-2006, 11:05 PM
I am a 3rd party vendor for my local redbull distributor, The loaners have to be bought by the distributors, at this time my distributor has no intentions of purchasing machines, that is why he has me doing the vending for him.

EURO who did you contact in Iowa, I called on a vendor there a while back with no response

EUROvend
04-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I contacted Voss distribution last July in Iowa. He was nice, and said that Red Bull vending would not be a money maker. THats because he was one of the lucky young guys who a few years ago saw the potential of RB and drafted a bizplan and sent it to RBNA and got dist. rights. Hes making like 5 million gross a year and hes like 31. I called 2 years too late. LOL my luck. He had some machines then, but the old ones. DOn't know about now. Besides, most likely you would need to contact a local dist. Someone in your area. What does 3rd party mean? ANd how is your setup running. Making any profits?...thanks..J

redbully
04-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok I have 5 royal red bull machines. They are located in the Tampa bay area. 4 of which are placee at businesses, one still on the crate. I want to sell them. This is a serious offer out there to any one williing to buy. I know I will be taking a lost. pleases contact me by e mail phuneycu@tampabay.rr.com

Seaside
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey Veruca! Where are you making that money?? Any tips on locations? I'm headed to my county's DHL, UPS & FedEx hubs - I'vr heard they can be good if you can get in.

EUROvend
04-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks for that Veruca. Actually there would be something in it if I were to buy Red Bull from them. I mean the distributor didn't pay for the machine anyway did he? Everything is all about money, atleast once the big fish gets to be the big fish, lets not try to help others prosper. As long as it doesn't infringe on their business, which in this case would help them. Where is all of those billions of dollars that Matt Lesko says you can get in free gov't grant money lol?

Daystar vending
04-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Veruca, I appreciate your steadfast will and solid logic concerning this subject. I suspect that you do well in all your endeavors.

Seaside
04-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Veruca, you're the man!!! I hear what your saying and I appreciate you taking the time to post a response. I made some progress today at couple of big gyms. Call centers is where its at! Have you or anyone else ever considered partnering up with your local full-line vendor? I'm sure everyone has come up against their contracts. Think about this -- If they agree to add your machine to their contracted location and you offer them the machine at no charge and give them a cut - 25 cents or something - and do the servicing yourself - do you think its worth it?? Your local Red Bull distributor can basically give them a loaner. I think this could only work at high volume locations and with a solid agreement with your local vendor. I'm thinking this may be an option for part of the business. If I can place some of my own and also have this deal setup, it may work. Any thoughts?

Emaak
04-06-2006, 01:51 PM
hello all... i've been reading posts for a week or so now and decided to register and put in my 2 cents. i purchased 4 royal machines from CC back in sept 05. they took forever to arrive. after their arrival in late nov., target marketing took even longer to get on the case. to make a long story short, i'll just say that dave lassonde and his bull**** company "target Marketing" suck! they're nothing more than scam artists. as for CC, they sure as hell sugar-coated a lot of stuff, but over all they stand behind what they say. they sold me 4 machines and 800 cans + a 3 year warranty for $13710 including shipping. then sent me back $1100 for the cans because at the time they didn't have it all set up yet. also, they reimbursed me $300 for moving the machines... $75 each. only after finding out about this site, and reading posts did i realize that i got a pretty good deal!! yeah they tell tall tales when it comes to what you can expect to sell, but they are there if you need them and stand behind their product. well... i ended up securing my own locations, renting a truck and placing 3 of the machines. the last is still in my garage (only due to my lack of time and some laziness!) of the 3, 2 are in good sized gyms and the other a very busy car wash. i'd say i've been up and running for 2 1/2 months. i'm doing 20 - 30 cans per machine per week. could be better, but not a bad start. i own a courier / distribution service and this is my first vending endeavor. i think i'll persue more machines. however, different types..... snacks, soda, etc. 4 Red Bull machines is enough. i've heard the expression thrown around on here, and to some extent i agree... these machines ARE one trick ponies! when i get around to it, i'm going to try and get the fourth machine in some type of school... business college, community college, a big beauty school. i want to diversify my locations and see which type ultimately does best. both gyms i'm in have litterally hundreds of members, yet my sales are modest! i thought they'd be doing in a day what they're doing all week. but i'm not complaining. @ the pace they're moving they're at least paying for themselves. they require little time and i'm optimistic. there is a lot of good advice on this board, i've learned a lot just by browsing.... unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of blowhards as well!! smile.gif

chefroland
04-07-2006, 11:33 PM
emaak
how did get your location and are you paying anything to your location? what part of NJ are you located?

Emaak
04-08-2006, 01:58 AM
i just went around with a good picture of the machine and my business card. i charge $2.50 and i give the location .50 i'm in north jersey. do you have machines chef?

chefroland
04-08-2006, 10:09 PM
emaak
not yet but I've been looking into it, did you have a tough time locating do to exclusivity with pepsi/coke or larger vendors in your area

just thinkin
04-10-2006, 01:22 PM
i just heard from a friend that cc and rebull have terminated their contract does anybody know how true this is and why it happened if it did?

Mr Zabe
04-10-2006, 01:34 PM
If that is true, now that would put a way different light on CC. Ok, we all ready know about how inconsistent CC runs their sales division. LOL I will feel bad if the good customers of CC end up getting a raw deal.

[ 04-10-2006, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Hawaiigal
04-10-2006, 02:22 PM
I have a story to share about my red bull vending machines that I bought through creative concepts; it reads almost exactly like Emaak's. I bought my machines in september and received them almost 2 months later. The locating company that was working alongside CC, target marketing, contacted me when they heard my machines were shipped. I was excited about my business endeavor! Was I fool. Turns out that Target marketing SUCKS! They didn't do crap for me. In fact after several months and a couple of complaints later did they get another locating company to help me. This company was better, they did find me two locations, but then I got a letter saying they could no longer help me! I only needed one more location! I called them and they had to call Target marketing to get my money back. Keep in mind that this was an awfully long process of a couple of months. Meanwhile my money is going down the sh*tter. Anyways, about the machines, it is now April and I just installed my second machine in a Jiffy Lube. By the way my first machine that was next to a laundry room in a hotel was just vandalized after only 9 days. I called CC to get new parts because they cover theft and vandalism for up to a year. Left 2 messages no one is getting back to me. my machine is sitting in a storage room in a hotel. I'm waiting for the hotel manager to come back from vacation so I can ask her if I could put my machine in the lobby, but in the meantime I'm still losing money. During those nine days I think I sold about 10 drinks. That means I sold one a day. I wonder how Jiffy Lube will do. CC says that average sales for the red bull machine should be 23 drinks per day. I'd like to know where the in the hell they are putting their machines? CC also said that if your machines aren't generating sales in this amount that you should have them removed and put in another location. Who's gonna find me these new locations, Target Marketing? I love how they make it seem so easy to do. This great dream I once had is slowly becomming a nightmare. By the way my machines were about $2300 each, I saw the exact same ones on the arrow vendings site for about half that price; yes those don't have the red bull logo on the side, but that really doesn't matter. My advice to those interested in pursuing something like this is:

1. Do your research (my most important point)
2. Do not work with locating companies (they do not locate very well)
3. Do your research (it is great to have a discussion board just like this because you can learn from other people's experiences)

Red Bull Vendor
04-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Just thinking

YES IT IS TRUE, Red Bull North America contacted me today and confirmed it, I also asked about them going to a 16oz can and they said ABSOLUTELY NOT

Red Bull Vendor
04-10-2006, 06:20 PM
HawaiiGal

Good luck with getting anything from CC, they just lost all business contacts with RedBull North America. Are your machines the black cabnet style? or the upright that look like a RED BULL can? If they are the older style black ones, you can get them for $2100 straight from teh manufacturer. CC exagerated the truth telling you that you would get 23 a day. My sales are slowly picking up and I am now getting some machines that do 10 a day and I am happy with thet. Your right target marketing does suck, so does costal locators, which is ran by CC. If anyone outthere reading this is thinking about sending CC any money, think twice, they are no longer working with CC. Good luck with your business and I wish you the best

EntreEnergy
04-11-2006, 02:59 AM
This news of CC not working with RB is huge. How are these machines going to be distributed in the future? How will the 1 year theft/vandalism warrenty through CC work out? I'm calling RB tomorrow to find some details.

I saw some replys a few posts back in reply to Varuca- I did not see any recent post from Veruca...was this in regards to a private message?

The idea of going through a larger local vendor with RB machines is interesting- my question would be that these companies are large for the most part- if you pitch the machines well enough, they have the buying power to easily purchase these machines and add them to their route. I'm going to consider this possibility and contact a vendor soon.

EntreEnergy
04-11-2006, 03:01 AM
CC not working with RB? that was obviously worded wrong... RB not working with CC, lol

Mr Zabe
04-11-2006, 05:01 AM
I agree. It's obvious CC was dragging Red Bull's vending whole sale customers through the mud. :(

Emaak
04-11-2006, 09:12 AM
EntreEnergy... you raise a good point about selling out to a large vending company. now would be the ideal time to look into it. you have to figure its gonna take RB a while to hash out how they want to proceed. in the mean time the machines that are out there are it! this may be a golden opportunity.

Hawaiigal
04-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Red Bull Vendor

Hey there, thanks for letting me know about CC not working with Red Bull anymore. I'm freaking out now...According to CC's theft and vandalism policy, I can get replacement parts for one of my vandalized machines. These monkey asses aren't calling me back though. I've left three messages with them and nothing. It's hard for me to get in contact with them too because I live out here in Hawaii and there is a six hour time difference. By the way I've got the black Red Bull vending machines; how 'bout you? One of the mechanics at Jiffy Lube called me today and said my machine spit out several drinks! This has happened to me before while I was programming my machines. I don't know why this is happening, I'm hoping its because I loaded it up wrong. Fortunately for me the Jiffy Lube guys are nice and had called to let me know.
I swear if it ain't one thing, it's another.

I'm going to go drown in my tears now...

Red Bull Vendor
04-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Hawaiigal,
I have both types, CC lost their contract with the original machine manufacturer, so their warantee is probably no longer any good. I am not sure what would cause it to vend multiple cans. You may have to reprogram it to the original settings. Good luck with your vending experience

Emaak
04-12-2006, 09:28 AM
i spoke to CC yesterday... they assured me that they are still going to be in existance and that the warranties WILL be honored. they told me they're looking into a new machine to sell... a multi-vend machine.

Griffin
04-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Hawaiigal. If you are getting multiple vends, you need to adjust your impact sensor. The sensor is set too weak, so when the can vends, it isn't sensed, so the machine tries to vend again. The most ridiculous thing about adjusting the impact sensor, is that it is on your control board and smaller than a grain of rice. It's a tiny white box with an even tinier gold screw sticking out of the bottom.

As far as Red Bull and CC go, I went to a meeting yesterday with my local Red Bull distributor, someone from Red Bull corporate, most of the local vending owners and someone from Royal Vendors. They did confirm that Red Bull has split off from CC because they did not like some of the negative things they had been hearing about CC. Red Bull corporate wants to be a lot more involved. This is actually a good thing for us. In dealing with CC, we didn't really have a good support team. Now that Red Bull is taking over the vending program themselves, we have all of Red Vull corporate to support us and help us become successful.

EntreEnergy
04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Very cool..my local distributor stated he might be able to get me the machines with CC was still in...now I have nothing to worry about. I am very lucky scoring the deal on my used (but new) machines and now not having to worry about CC.

Red Bull Vendor
04-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Veruca Vending

The markup on the generation 1 machines were in the range of $900- $1200 depending on what price they suckered you into. These can be purchased directly for $1850. I have heard the first sales of these were $9995 for 3 machines. So I would guess they were making about teh same on the Merlins maybe more.

Hope this helps..

EntreEnergy
04-17-2006, 01:52 AM
A month or so ago my local distributor told me he could get the machines at $2,500 I believe.. might have been 2,000- but he wasn't positive. I too am awaiting concrete figures. We picked up an order from them just before the easter weekend, and the guy who helped us has not yet heard of the CC news, and is still awaiting info on the machines. I'll also post any numbers I find.

LoL @ the lawsuite...I wonder if Eddie will take me to small claims for the $80 he thinks I owe him, lmao. That is something I will never forget. Good riddance CC!

Hey veruca and others, are you working with any software to manage your inventory/finances? I've been workin on a database in access to track and manage all areas of the business- maybe we can collaborate?

bullman
04-17-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm using Quickbooks. Haven't spent a lot of time with it yet aside from setting up the basics. You can track inventory, sales tax, etc...

EntreEnergy
04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I heard about the coupons..Ill be contacting Tom.

I was trying to build something where I can pull up a page for each individual machine to view stats, be able to print commission invoices from this, and also view an overall summary by many categories.

Frankie
04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
has anyone dealt with evans consulting for a placement?

When going to a potential location, what kind of information do you bring to promote the machines?

Does anyone know what kind of commission locations get with coke or pepsi or what peaks their interest? Are most locations providing a service to their employees or do they expect big pay?

A lot of questions I know, thanks for any help....

Griffin
04-18-2006, 05:22 PM
I have dealt with Evans Consulting. I got crappy locations. Now I even got kicked out of one location, but can't get David Evans to call me back.

Red Bull Vendor
04-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Frankie,
Try Business beanstalk. They located a few for me with no hassle, Stay away from Arin Krich at All City Locators, he is a scammer and a crook.

Redskin21
04-19-2006, 01:05 PM
He buddy how are you I am in the process of really considering purchasing 3 machines from CC in the Maryland/DC area..

What hidden fees are there?

How do I ensure thru Creative Concepts that I get a good location? what types of establishments are your machines in?

When restocking the product do you go thru Creattive Concepts or do you purchase thru Costco, Sams Club etc..

Thanks

EntreEnergy
04-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Read previous posts...don't go through CC, RBNA cut them off.

bludistribution
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
I bought 15 machines from Creative Concepts and installed 4 of the machines. Having good luck, 7-10 cans a day. Cannot continue because of a family business obligation. Would like to sell the machines, very motivated. 11 of the machines are still shrink wraped and in original packaging. These are the royal machines.

Lepke
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
7-10 cans a day? WOW I’m impressed.

Red Bull Vendor
04-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Lepke, does your comment have the slightest of importance on this thread. Go drown yourself, perferably in RED BULL

-VV-
04-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Why am I getting the feeling that a lawsuit filed by RBNA against CC is imminent?

Redskin, CC at this point is no more authorized to sell you machines than anyone selling one on eBay. They are no longer affiliated with RBNA, effective April 10th. I don't know any existing vendors who are continuing to do business with them on any level. What's the point if they are no longer authorized to take product orders, sell machines, or provide warranty support?

Existing vendors buy their product and machines through local Red Bull distributors. That is because they bought into the business when CC was actually a legitimate business partner of Red Bull and was authorized to sell machines and offer distributorships. Anyone who was already vending at the time CC and RBNA parted ways was contacted by RBNA and their local distributor, to explain that all future product sales and machine sales would be done through local distribution.

Please do yourself a favor and call RBNA's consumer affairs department before sending any money to CC. They WERE a legitimate enterprise at one point, yes. But no more. If you want a legitimate Red Bull Vending Machine business, with Red Bull North America's support, you will have to convince your local distributor to bring you in. There is always vending through generic vendors as well. That would also free you up to offer other products.

[ 04-20-2006, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

-VV-
04-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by bludistribution:
Having good luck, 7-10 cans a day. That is per machine, right?

Have you contacted your local distributor to see if any of the other operators they service are looking to buy additional machines? Local shipping, less hassle - and I'm sure the warranties, etc would be a breeze to transfer if you were selling to an existing vendor. You also stand a better chance of getting rid of them all in one sale. From the sounds of things, you might even be able to get CC to buy them back. They've got to be buying them from somewhere if they're still selling them to people.

[ 04-20-2006, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

RoyalTech
04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Hi, This whole creative concepts thing is a nightmare. And I think that is why Red Bull decided to stop working with them. I work for Royal as a Tech and wanted to clear up a few things.

“They will try to squirt salt water in the coin chute to try and short out the changer causing it to dump all the money ( don't know if this EVER actually worked or not, I have been in the soda business over 15 years and never seen it work but they STILL try it)” - This did actually used to work. Hasn’t in the last 15 years or so. Really hasn’t happened since about 6 months after the coin mech manufactures discovered it could happen.

“Does anyone know where to get Red Bull Vending machines other Creative Concepts?” - I am not sure they ever had an “exclusive” contract. I was out at Red Bull last month and they seem like they are geared to go through some other distribution channels.

“I contacted CC and they said everything conveys warranties etc.” Royal’s warranty is NON-Transferable, meaning we will only ship warranty parts to the original purchaser. Vandalism is NOT covered under warranty.

“I must say they are extremely lucky they are the exclusive distributors of these machines” – They are not.

“I hate to say this but everyone beware.im from ny and i met a guy from fla. and my keys open his machines!!!!!!!!” – We key the machine depending on how they are ordered. For example Coke and Pepsi order machines from us with no keys. Otherwise we put generic locks on them. Feel free to change the locks. :)

“If you can't get that but still can vend at the location, not only are most machines labeled coke or pepsi exluding red bull sales, but the generic machine can't vend the 8.3 oz cans.” – Our Merlin IV and GIII machines will both vend a 250ml can. Check our website @ http://www.royalvendors.com for more info. (under service and support / Package Vending specs.)

“does anybody know if theres a way to put anything other than 8 1/2 once cans in the new red bull machines ?” Yes you can. The problem you are going to run into is with decals and licensing. Red Bull grants you license to use their logo under the assumption that Red Bull is being sold. Proceed at your own risk!

“Lube called me today and said my machine spit out several drinks!” – If adjusting your chute (some call it vibration or impact) sensor doesn’t work, it might be a programming issue. E-mail me through the board if you are still having trouble.

“They will be selling us our new machines effective 4/8/06, and Royal will directly handle requests for maintenance and service.” – This is news to me but I will try and confirm it. Just a heads up, we do tech support. There is no (and not from any vending company to my knowledge) provision for any kind of on-site service or maintenance. So buy some tools. :)

[ 04-24-2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: RoyalTech ]

Griffin
04-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RoyalTech:

“I hate to say this but everyone beware.im from ny and i met a guy from fla. and my keys open his machines!!!!!!!!” – We key the machine depending on how they are ordered. For example Coke and Pepsi order machines from us with no keys. Otherwise we put generic locks on them. Feel free to change the locks. :)

Is this guy then confirming that the keys that they ship with the Red Bull machines will open ALL Red Bull machines? Do these generic locks all have the same key to open them?

RoyalTech
04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Not confirming anything. Just saying that we ship based on order. With CC's track record that wouldn't suprise me. Offically i can't say how we ship them.

-VV-
04-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by RoyalTech:

“They will be selling us our new machines effective 4/8/06, and Royal will directly handle requests for maintenance and service.” – This is news to me but I will try and confirm it. Just a heads up, we do tech support. There is no (and not from any vending company to my knowledge) provision for any kind of on-site service or maintenance. So buy some tools. :) Great post. Alot of good info there. Reading just my quote extracted there, it occured to me that I phrased that poorly. It used to be that any warranty requests, etc were always handled through CC, who then coordinated replacement parts, warranty issues, etc. Since RB no longer works with CC, I am told that we will now be contacting Royal directly with these issues on any future machines purchases. I didn't mean to imply that Royal would now be servicing these machines with respect to maintenance, if that's how it was read.

-VV-
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
By the way, can you confirm whether or not the MerlinRB's are capable of vending the 500ml cans with a shim kit, and are these currently being sold?

RoyalTech
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
"I didn't mean to imply that Royal would now be servicing these machines with respect to maintenance, if that's how it was read." - No worries I just get at least one call a day where we troubleshoot the vendor get to the point where we know whats wrong, and then they ask if i am going to come fix it..... (ackward silence..) :)

"By the way, can you confirm whether or not the MerlinRB's are capable of vending the 500ml cans with a shim kit, and are these currently being sold?" - All i can really say is that the stack is based on the original MerlinIV stack. If you go to http://www.royalvendors.com under service and support/ Package Vending Specs you should find different packages and shims. However offically at this time i can't tell you what you need to do to the stack to get it to vend. It does require some modification.

redbully
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I received this email from CC today. I have already sold my machines but i thouhgt maybe those of you who stil have the RB machines might want to read this....

This is Gerry from Creative Concepts of America. This is to inform you that, Red Bull has decided to take over the product and machine re-orders from Creative Concepts. We feel with their restrictions and the limited sales of Red Bull ONLY, in our machines, they have forced us to look at a machine that sells Red Bull along with other popular products, such as Starbucks, Monster, Rock Star, Gatorade and bottled water.

Creative Concepts is here for the long haul!! We are not going anywhere! We would like to know what we can do to make you happy. We have several options that you may consider.

Option 1

We would buy back each machine for $2200, $1000 now and $100 per month for 12 months.

Option 2

Buy back the machines for $2400, $1000 now and $1400 credit toward the new 10-selection machine or the new 6-selection machine. (As shown below)

Option 3

Buy back the machines for $1300, with all the money up front!

Option 4

You can continue on with your business! We are here to help you and will stand by our warranties.

Your decision will have to be made May 7th. The machines will have to be received by

May 12th.

Your refund will be sent to you within 24 hours of receipt and inspection of your machines!

Feel free to call us with any questions and/or concerns.

1-800-717-0730 ext 230

EntreEnergy
04-28-2006, 04:29 AM
CC sounds pretty sketchy still, no suprise. I wonder what their new machines look like

-VV-
04-28-2006, 05:03 AM
You have to wonder why they want to buy machines back, unless they intend to keep on selling them. The fact that they are asking people to extend them credit is maybe the most perplexing part of the "offer". Where is the guarantee they'll pay when/if they file for bankruptcy? Their new machine offering is the BC-10 and BC-6, by the way - you can't see that in the cut and paste above. They didn't waste any time finding a machine to quickly offer instead. Unfortunately for them, in their haste, they selected generics offered by nearly every vending machine supplier.

We feel with their restrictions and the limited sales of Red Bull ONLY, in our machines, they have forced us to look at a machine that sells Red Bull along with other popular productsI guess if it makes them feel better to say they broke up with RBNA, then so be it. But the more they carry on this way, the more evident it is why RBNA pulled the plug. Gotta wonder what they actually plan on doing with all those "limited" vending machines they're trying to buy back at half price. If you run a search, they're still shown all over the net including their own website selling the branded machines.

It's as if they have no clue that when they lost RBNA's official endorsement, they lost the primary reason most people bought in. Nobody would even know who Creative Concepts was, were it not for RBNA - and I can't see anyone being interested in their offerings, unless they resort to mischaracterizing their relationship with RedBull to sell machines.

It's sad to watch. I hope they re-evaluate their business goals and start putting some emphasis on building long term goals and business realtionships in their future endeavors.

[ 04-28-2006, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

Mr Zabe
04-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Just my two cents. I have been reading all these CC posts over the past months. I would not trust CC. This latest "stunt" of offering to buy back their vending machines is just plain lame.

Why would anyone trust CC to make monthly $100 payments over a 12 month period,if CC has suspect (being kind) business practices. I would have to have a certified cashiers check in hand before sending back any vending machines.

[ 04-28-2006, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

bullman
04-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Veruca is right... if anyone who has access to the internet will take time to research just a little bit, they will find multiple sources where they can acquire BC10s and BC6s. I will say, though, that pricing and shipping terms vary, so just because you find these machines at one place doesn't mean one should end their research.

On the upside, these machines look awesome in person and seem to work quite well.

[ 04-28-2006, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: bullman ]

-VV-
04-28-2006, 03:33 PM
I would have to have a certified cashiers check in hand before sending back any vending machines. I might even go so far as to wait for it to clear at this stage.

SDR
04-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Just saw on Ebay that Royal is now selling these directly. Glad I held off on buying from CC after reading some of these posts. I still may buy one or 2 from Royal or I may just get the BC10( not from CC) to provide diversity in my beverage selections.

I know towards the beginning of Spring there were varying results in Red Bull sales. Wahl was selling a lot but many others were having disappointing results. Now that it is warmer can any of you out there give the rest of us an update on how the recent sales have been?

Thanks

-VV-
04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by SDR:
Just saw on Ebay that Royal is now selling these directly. Glad I held off on buying from CC after reading some of these posts. I still may buy one or 2 from Royal or I may just get the BC10( not from CC) to provide diversity in my beverage selections.Royal is not selling the MerlinRB directly, I'm not sure where or who you heard that from.

The machines will be sold to existing vendors through local distribution, but the exact details won't be available until May 15th.

I've heard good things about the BC10 from a couple different people now. It might be an easier option for you to pursue. Buying used RB vendors is always an option, but please be cautious and do your homework before doing this. If you read back through the RB posts, there are some posts by a Royal technician, and he said that warranties from Royal were valid only to the original purchaser and were not transferable. I would definitiely call Royal to get some clarification on their warranty policy before purchasing from a third party. And I would also consider insuring them before you have them shipped, or transported.

[ 04-30-2006, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

SDR
04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks Veruca. As far as Ebay, pull up red bull vending and you will see them listed as the seller. There are 8 items for sale, they are the last one on the bottom. The seller is listed as Royal Vendors Inc. I will call them directly before purchasing to clarify about the warranty.

-VV-
04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I looked at your listing. Royal Vendors is listed as the item location, not seller. The seller ID is: premierbizgrp, and they have 0 feedback with an account opened on April 29th, 2006.

How do you spell f-r-a-u-d?

I'd be checking on more than warranties. The chances of this auction listing being legit are slim to none. No contact number, no city/state, no name or reference, no feedback history, and they request you submit questions through ebay.

Good luck.

[ 04-30-2006, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

SDR
04-30-2006, 11:49 PM
I might just stick with the BC-10. Thanks Veruca.

Prime4Ventures
05-02-2006, 12:54 PM
whats up everybody!!!
I have been a bystander to this site for too long so i just decided to join. I bought 50 red bull vending machines from Creative Concepts and just realized what i got myself into. this site is really helpfull, as you already know it is hard to get any advise or help from anyone in this industry, but i finally found some comfort in this community. I think it is sooo important that we all stick together and help each other. it can only be beneficial.

heres where i stand in all this... i am soo happy that Creative Concepts lost their rights with Red Bull because it seams as though Red Bull is a much better help with this whole thing. I bought 50 machines thinking I would be the only distributer in my area but i soon found out that was not the case... so now im just a punk little kid who spend his last penny on this "opportunity of a lifetime" just to realise a little too late that it was all a dream they were selling me. oh well... they offered to buy back all my machines for a loss ... are you kidding me? can someone tell me why creative concepts thinks they are so sly... i wish there was a way to get back at them! ... nevertheless i chose to ride the wave and hash it all out i can only blame myself and will not give back any of my machines... out of my 50 i was scheemed by 2 diferant locators for a total of another $3000 ... well screw them too. its all gravy becasue this is a lesson in life for me ... if you want anything done you have to do it yourself... so i took my own advise and hit the street ... for the last 2 months the only legitimate locations i found amounted to locating only 7 for me, which leaves me with 43 machines i have to keep paying for warehousing for still. but the exciting thing about all this is that i am currentlyh under contract negotiations with aramark to become their second vending provider... which means a really big acount!!!!!!!!! after all my struggles.... but the egg asnt hatched just yet... in order for me to get the acount with aramark which can potentially get me into the majority of the schools, sports areanas, airports, and any other money making locations i have to prove to them that i know what im doing... now im pretty good at pulling someones finger but how far can i pull ??? ive never been in the vending industry before this is my first real business i started with my last penny i just graduated college im 23 years old!!! I need some help to get this acount... can anyone help me out???

Mr Zabe
05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
More background might help.
How much do you have invested in this business?
(You maybe better off taking cash for dollars and cut your losses and take what ever cash you can get.) If as an example you had $100,000 invested and by selling off your machines you could realize $70,000, IMO I would
take the $70.000 in a heart beat. $30,000 is the price for diving into a pool with no water. Consider yourself lucky.

What business experience do you have just getting out of colledge at 23 years of age? I'm not putting you down but you did not mention what your background or skills are.

Let say you did get $70,000. You could put that in a safe money market account or mutual fund while you explore or even take a job in a similar business that you might want to go into.

My advice to you is to invest in yourself first then try doing a business.

[ 05-02-2006, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Griffin
05-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Awww Veruca. You're such a tease...

Frankie
05-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Prime4Ventures-

how did you land a deal with aramark, and how are you working with them

Seaside
05-02-2006, 06:16 PM
I haven't posted on here in a while - been busy! I just wanted to say that I'm selling cans and I am happy. I'm placing all my machines on my own. It is a challenge, but its paying off. I asked on here before if anybody was having success at car dealerships, well I put a few machines at the biggest dealerships in the area, and I'm averaging 17 cans/day/machine. I also suggest people look online for a listing of the largest employers in your area and hit them. I'm selling well with some large manufaturering buildings. You need to be a salesman. Its a numbers game. If you talk to enough locations you'll get placements. CC are what they are. They're still around for support. Yea, we all may have paid a bit too much for the machines, but in time most of us will profit - if you have the determination and drive to make your business successful. Thanks Veruca for all your posts, you've been a beacon of positivity. Good luck to everyone! Sell alot of cans!!!

redbullseye
05-03-2006, 08:43 AM
are any of you small time vending guys carrying insurance ? if so what type of policy ? need help!!!

bullman
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think that's an issue if you incorporate. We formed an S-Corporation, which I could be wrong, but I think that pretty much takes care of the liability issue.

Best thing to do is talk with an attorney... you will usually get the first consultation free of charge, and you can decide if incorporating is right for you.

-VV-
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by redbullseye:
are any of you small time vending guys carrying insurance ? if so what type of policy ?I wouldn't set foot in an automobile without insurance. Running a business without insurance, whether incorporated or not, is equally foolish.

Insurance
Lawyer
Accountant

In basically that order. I am more than certain your site ops expect you to be fully insured with liability, damage, and property damage coverage. What happens when a kid breaks his arm trying to pull out a free can of product? What happens if, while moving a machine, you yank a cord and a topple a rack of equipment worth thousands?

Insurance shouldn't really be thought of so much as an option, as a necessary cost of doing business. It just aslo happens to be inexpensive so there really isn't much excuse not to have it.