PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Vending

Greg Christie
04-05-2006, 03:15 AM
Hello everyone. I am a newbbie and very interested in the vending machine business. I know location is everything, but what deals do you make with location owners? I mean to say how much of your profit do you share?

RoyalTech
04-24-2006, 03:19 PM
It depends on what kind of deal you can make. 5-15% of profit is pretty common. I have also seen some deals where you rent the vendor to the store and they stock it themselves. Rather more complicated that way i think.

ithastabeshasta
05-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Commission a 4 letter word to the vending business. Commission is based on priceing, if the location wants low prices, means little or no sharing. If you can get higher prices, you can afford a little more sharing. In my 20+ years in vending I have never given more than 10%as margins are very small in vending.

bullman
05-10-2006, 12:03 AM
I have yet to be asked for a commission - instead, they are more interested in whether or not they get charged by me for having my machine there, or whether they are required to purchase a certain amount. Prior to getting into the vending business, I thought I would be asked for commissions all the time, but the truth is, it has never come up. Not even once. I'm sure though, if the location is big enough and desireable enough, I will be asked at some point.