PDA

View Full Version : Wanting in

RollTide
05-24-2006, 08:45 AM
I am hoping some of you can guide me down the right path with getting started in the vending industry. I would like to get set up with some routes selling Red Bull and even Monster's line. Would anyone mind detailing how to go about starting this? Where is the best place to purchase the drinks at cheap? And what type of machines should I get and where? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Roll Tide

NRgizR
05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
RollTide,
First off it's a tough gig to get started in. The markets are saturated with big Full Line Operators that have signed the majority of the big accounts.
If you do decide to go this route I would suggest not limiting yourself to only energy drinks. A broader portfolio will give you better opportunities (Coke,Pepsi,DP, etc).
Also, don't think all the big operators are buying all of their equipment. In many cases Coke/Pepsi will give the FLO's vending machines to sell product through. There are also shim kits for the 8.3 oz energy drinks to fit into CSD vendors.
There is so much detail if you truly want to make this a successful business. I'm sure you will get good advise from others, just my 0.2.

Mr Zabe
05-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm just speaking from reading many posts on these threads, and granted I have never operated a vending business; the vending business is a whole heck of a lot of hard work and much monetary risk.

Get the most feedback,advice and legal guidance you can find. Do not put forth any money until you do due diligence back wards and forwards with any company you choose to do business with. Learn from these experts as they have been there and done that. Get feedback,have open ears even when you think your mind has been made up. A few of us had wished they listened to some warning signs that were pointed out to them.

Good Luck
Zabe

[ 05-24-2006, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]