PDA

View Full Version : Business Letters

Dasani
08-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Does anyone have a good letter they have used to request a meeting for a proposal, or just to let a customer know who we are and what we have to offer their company in the way of Vending, beverage, snack, food, coffee.

Im not trying to recreate the wheel and figure that you guys would have something.

Thanks
dasani1234@gmail.com

greg
08-21-2006, 10:41 AM
I've always found that a short concise letter that gets to the point does well. Briefly introduce yourself and your company and what products you have to offer as well as what you can do for the company.
Don't over do it. The person you are writing to is probably busy and will appreciate the "get to the point attitude" you have.

NRGSLLR@
08-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I have always found a letter too impersonal. I would suggest a telephone call from a key sales representative, ie Sales Manager, VP of Sales and request a meeting. I almost never respond to written requests for meetings. I always make a telephone call first, with a follow up email or letter.

Just a suggestion.

No matter what, it's still a numbers game, the more calls you make the more success you will have.

Good Luck

Dasani
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys, I have composed many letters in my day and for some reason Im in a brain lock on this one. Its a big customer that I cant make a phone call to, the only way to get to this person is by snail mail. Very Old School, doesnt even have E-mail, his staff does, but I need to send this guy a letter, and just try to write one of those after writing e-mails for so long. I have found a few sites but thought someone might have one they could e-mail me to get me out of this block.