PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Notice

BevNET
02-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Folks --

We've upgraded to a new bulletin board package. There are many reasons for this, but the primary ones are reliability and scalability.

All users + posts have successfully come over.

Here's what didnt:
- Private messages
- Avatar settings (you'll need to reselect your avatar...they are all still there)

Anyway, comments / suggestions are welcome.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Nifty!
I did have a little problem, on my account before, my Username used to log in was different from my forum display name, so now i have to log in using my display name instead of my user name, but its all good now. I just noticed in the profile settings that they got switched around.

iluvsurge220
02-21-2007, 11:48 PM
How do you select an avatar? I can't seem to find them on here. I looked on my profile and everything and I still couldn't find it.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-21-2007, 11:59 PM
How do you select an avatar? I can't seem to find them on here. I looked on my profile and everything and I still couldn't find it.
you go to the User CP, then on the left-hand side of the screen, there is a "Edit Avatar" link. follow the directions in there, and youre all set

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-22-2007, 12:56 AM
One question...

Now we can't put our own avatars? why?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-22-2007, 01:01 AM
To answer your first question, I am not sure. I cant find anywhere in the options to use a custom one. And to answer your second question, the Quick reply button is in the bottom right corner of a post, and its the farthest icon to the right, by Quote. it has a piece of paper with a pencil on it. It looks like this: http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/images/buttons/quickreply.gif

Mr Zabe
02-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Once again BevNet has given us freaks a real nice up grade. The lay out is easy to use and and will make it easier to organize the threads. Very cool.
Tks

BevNET
02-22-2007, 05:46 AM
One question...

Now we can't put our own avatars? why?

Hmm, we'll check that out ASAP. That should certainly be allowed.

Android
02-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I miss my own avatar http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Oh, and I see that the upgrade restored a good many of my old posts that got lost a year or so ago when there was some data corruption! Thank You! :D

Other than that, it looks pretty good! I just have to get used to it and redo my shortcut.

boodoo
02-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I like the new format. It seems more user friendly.

iluvsurge220
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok, I figured it out. Right now, things are kind of confusing on here, but I think that once I figure out everything, I will end up liking it!!

deepnenergy
02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Very nice, Thank you Bevnet

jblaviback
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
It's ok, but I'd like to be able to have my old avatar

Mr Zabe
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I agree.
The messages process is much faster and navigating from thread to thread is much eaiser. Thanks BevNet.:)

fusion
02-22-2007, 03:34 PM
The clock seems a bit off, though. Other than that, it's a big improvement. Thanks, Bevnet!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Hmm, we'll check that out ASAP. That should certainly be allowed.

Thanks for fixing the problem! now I can post my avatar! Thank you! Great new board!

01GTB
02-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Nice! I like it.

SplitLevelP
02-24-2007, 11:40 AM
besides the fact it read this when I logged on "
Upgrade Notice
Welcome, SplitLevelP.
You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 12:00 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0. " and i laughed hard the new set up is a more user friendly set up.

Tannerman
02-27-2007, 06:54 PM
3 cheers for finally moving off dead-in-the-water UBB and onto vBulletin!

popologist
03-06-2007, 11:12 PM

it takes some getting used to.

and, yes, it's hard to find "user profile settings" for avatars, etc. i believe it's under "User CP". not sure what "CP" means...

Tannerman
03-07-2007, 12:02 AM
i believe it's under "User CP". not sure what "CP" means...CP stands for Control Panel.

Here's a direct link to avatar section (http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/profile.php?do=editavatar)

DMC
03-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey wow, i really like the new layout. Looks great.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-07-2007, 11:12 PM
i liked the old way sooo much better

BluejacketT
04-09-2007, 04:10 AM
I like the new board. It looks better than the old one.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
this new board is too confusing. i was so used to the old one. i dont understand (and this is not talking about the new board) but i dont understand why sometimes people want to do upgrades, like myspace.. its all screwed up now and is annoying the way they make you upload your pictures now. the new board is not as annoying as the new myspace and PLEASE dont ban me for spamming because im not sure if that is considered spamming or not but anyway.. the new board is ..ok.. but i prefer the old one way more. i guess just because i was used to it,, ill get used to this one.. so...

illusionh20
04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I like the new format. It seems more user friendly.

I am used to it and think you have made a great informed decision with the selection of the forum software. It is based on an open source platform, you got love the PHP scripting language, no more $icrosoft control.

drpep
04-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Don't like it. The posts get lost especially now that more posters seem to hit the quote button instead of reply. I liked it better with the member's name and location info was listed to the left of the post instead of above.

Mr Zabe
04-17-2007, 09:07 PM
FYI
I have my thread display set on "linear display" (the first option).
I also have my threads set to read from most current to last.
I have never lost a post and follow each thread for as long as I want.

LOL.....I do spend a lot of time on the board, I really find the lay out to be
very easy to use and navigate.:)

drpep
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
What I meant by lost is the actual post is lost in the jumble of quotes, signatures, large sized member names, lines, sub topics and other distractions in the box containing the members post.

Mr Zabe
04-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Ok....I understand your point and I agree with you 100%.
I think anything more than a simple signature (one line) gets to
be too cluttered. I do not like to see quasi "adds" with website addresses.
IMO I feel like I'm being spammed.

illusionh20
04-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome to Web 2.0, to the people against the new forum you need to brush up on your skills and knowledge. Links are important, they determine how a website gets a ranking on the web, they also appear in search engines. I could go on and on.

Also the
reliability and scalability are important factors.

I like the social bookmarking feature and find it a great tool, to organise information in posts. You can do research and combine it as a resource.

Anyone interested in a demo?