PDA

View Full Version : New Diet Coke Can!!!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-23-2007, 01:33 PM
I was goofing around the Diet Coke website, I entered to the ads section, and I found this...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/399922223_7354a5113e_o_d.jpg

First Coke zero, then Diet Coke, and probably Coca-Cola Classic will be the next one...

da987
02-23-2007, 04:19 PM
I love that design, looks very cool. The font thet have used for the word "Coke" is the same that was used on the Australian set of music cans a few years ago.

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_australia_cool_collectors_cans.jpg

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I love that design, looks very cool. The font thet have used for the word "Coke" is the same that was used on the Australian set of music cans a few years ago.

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_australia_cool_collectors_cans.jpg

Yup, and also it appears in the back of the Coca-Cola packaging in some countries, Diet Coke stopped using the 1985 Coke script and now they will use the 2003 Coke script in the new packaging...

I guess this new packaging will appear in the new Diet Coke ads this sunday during the Academy Awards...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-23-2007, 08:05 PM
it looks like coke is focusing on more "plain" labels now. not much clutter there, same as the Diet coke plus logo and the Japanese cans you posted before.

XLS_04
02-24-2007, 03:10 AM
It is not bad but I still like the 2004-2007 version better. As far as the new flat ribbon I really don't like it, it hardly looks like a ribbon but more like a line of a certain drug that I wont mention.

Out of all the diet Coke logos I like the following three the most....

The 1988-1994 logo, The 1994-1997 logo, and the 2004-2007 logo.

popologist
02-24-2007, 07:44 AM
i like the new "coke" font. i've been wondering for years why they've been using it on all of their other products, except diet coke.

i'm not a fan of the new, flattened ribbon though. it just needs a little more "lift" on the right side. it seems lopsided or something.

i'm mixed on the silver logo as well. it looks good on cans, but on all other packaging it just looks gray and dull. i preferred the classic white and red logo.

i do like that they removed some of the clutter though. the cans were just becoming too "busy".

popologist
02-24-2007, 07:46 AM
those are probably my three favorite as well. i liked the white & red logo... and the leaning text of 88, but i liked the script (for diet), and the ribbon running through the "e".

It is not bad but I still like the 2004-2007 version better. As far as the new flat ribbon I really don't like it, it hardly looks like a ribbon but more like a line of a certain drug that I wont mention.

Out of all the diet Coke logos I like the following three the most....

The 1988-1994 logo, The 1994-1997 logo, and the 2004-2007 logo.

popologist
02-24-2007, 08:15 AM
just one more side note... does anyone else miss the days would coke would use the "coca-cola" script on one side of the can, and the "coke" font of the other.

i'd like to see a dual "coke zero" / "coca-cola zero" can. and "diet coca-cola" / "diet coke" as well.

jobbie
02-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I really like the new design, wonder when it hits the UK?

jobbie
02-24-2007, 01:26 PM
just one more side note... does anyone else miss the days would coke would use the "coca-cola" script on one side of the can, and the "coke" font of the other.

i'd like to see a dual "coke zero" / "coca-cola zero" can. and "diet coca-cola" / "diet coke" as well.

I remember changing all the cans round in the chillers, (where I worked) Coca-cola side for regular coke, and coke side for all others. lol.

Mr Zabe
02-24-2007, 01:44 PM
My first impression of the new design is that it reminded me of a Coors beer can. This design IMO looks
to "un-hip" even for the older crowd (35 yrs on up LOL)." IMO even a diet soda pop can should look hip and exciting. I just do not dig the concept of dull art selling soda pop to the masses.

Cokeologist
02-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Looks like the Coca-Cola Classic can is also changing to the plain red with flat wave design; see my separate post...

mjb1124
02-24-2007, 11:59 PM
My first impression of the new design is that it reminded me of a Coors beer can. This design IMO looks
to "un-hip" even for the older crowd (35 yrs on up LOL)." IMO even a diet soda pop can should look hip and exciting. I just do not dig the concept of dull art selling soda pop to the masses.

Well, they're marketing Coke Zero as their "hip" diet soda, so it kinda makes sense to give Diet Coke a really conservative look.

PepsiBlue
02-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Simpler isnt too bad.
Better than having 30 stiupid differnet backgrounds on your can.