PDA

View Full Version : Rc Edge?

Splashofdew
02-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Does anyone else remember RC EDGE, it was Royal Crowns Jolt competitor around 2000-2002. It had more caffiene and sugar but also had other ingredients similar to Red Bull. It featured a unique label and graphics, if anyone has a picture of a can or bottle please post it. Thank You!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-24-2007, 01:36 AM
http://www.peteglover.com/images/soda_edge.jpg
theres a lo-res image of the label.
http://www.peteglover.com/images/fridgephoto.jpg
here is a nifty-looking fridge that i want, that features, among other things, rc edge. It came in a cool looking blue bottle.

Android
02-24-2007, 07:16 AM
I used to drink it a bit. It wasn't too bad. I'd have had more of it, but I just could hardly ever find it. Only place I ever saw it was in 20oz PET at 7-11 stores.
-Andy

the saint
02-24-2007, 08:27 AM
When I worked at rc/7up years ago this came out. It was an easy sell because there really wasn't anything like it except jolt. Jolt was hard to come by around here. We couldn't keep enough in the warehouse to satisfy demand for the product. All of the sudden....POOF... it was dc'ed and gone without much more of a reason than " slow sales?" I never understood that one.

Tom Servo
02-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I had the pleasure of drinking exactly one bottle before it disappeared. The empty bottle hung around here for years and years - makes me wish I'd snapped a few photos of it before it got tossed.

One thing that sticks with me is that after one bottle, I was willing to drink Edge instead of Jolt; yet I remember nothing of how it tasted!

At the time only one C-store in all of Birmingham sold RC Edge that I recall - the same one in the suburbs that sold Jolt.

Cheer-wined
02-28-2007, 12:04 AM
I think RC Chicago kept this stuff going after other bottlers had discontinued it - I bought some cans at a Dominick's in Dec '03.

SURGE
03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
When I worked at rc/7up years ago this came out. It was an easy sell because there really wasn't anything like it except jolt. Jolt was hard to come by around here. We couldn't keep enough in the warehouse to satisfy demand for the product. All of the sudden....POOF... it was dc'ed and gone without much more of a reason than " slow sales?" I never understood that one.

This is so true its maddening. At the time it came out it was 20oz only and the unique concept, great flavor, and actually marketing (I'm looking at you RC), made it a real surprise hit. Our 7up guys were really thrilled about it and it vastly outsold the regular (and most of their portfolio). But the brand was sorely neglected and no regular corporate support and so like so many other strong contenders it died a slow death.

On has to wonder if todays climate is more accepting of a ginsing, guarana, high caffinated cola. I wish that they would grow a pair and learn how to sell soda since they seem to have the quality the other two rarely match (7up, Pepper, RC, Cherry 7up, the list goes on.)