PDA

View Full Version : Dr Pepper causes trouble in Boston

drpep
02-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I saw this in the NY Post. One of the clues in Dr Pepper's new promotion, Hunt For More, lead contestants to "Granary Burying Ground, the final resting place of John Hancock, Paul Revere and other historic figures".
"After contestants showed up at the cemetary gates... the city closed it".
"It absolutely is disrespectful" siad the Boston Parks Commissioner. "It's an affront to...our nation's ancestors".

Mr Zabe
02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
How deplorable, if that promotion is not some big mistake. :(

Tom Servo
02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
This is the city that shut down over some light-up advertisements, remember. Any other town would likely welcome the attention to such a historical place.

Mr Zabe
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I would be against any soda pop promotion that leads the general public to a cemetery for game clues. Let's face it, in general most groups in mass tend not to be respectful of public grounds and sites. I was going to state a few examples of this but it IMO is too obvious.

Tom Servo
02-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I see your point, but I don't think people are disembarking en massť from a chartered bus all at once into the cemetary.

That being said, shame on Dr Pepper for not at least discussing this ordeal with the city first. It sounds like the city had no idea what was going on.