PDA

View Full Version : Dr.pepper flavor extensions.

doulasc
03-17-2007, 06:37 PM
How are Cherry Vanilla and Berries and Cream doing.
To me plain Dr.Pepper suits me fine,but I wish they had
Caffeine free in my area.

Doug

fusion
03-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't think that Berries & Cream is doing that well - Dr Pepper announced a while back that they would hold off on a third extension for a while.

I also haven't seen any promotional packaging for it, either.

Drew
03-17-2007, 09:30 PM
berries and creme is doing well here in canada...i have bought almost 100litres since it has been released a month ago...he he

Popboy
03-18-2007, 02:29 AM
berries and creme is doing well here in canada...i have bought almost 100litres since it has been released a month ago...he he

I agree! The $1 off two 2L, or 12pack coupon helps too. 50 cents for a 2L bottle of berries & cream is a steal. I just pray this flavour is not discontinued anytime soon, as it's the only unique flavour on the canadian market right now... :)

Mr Zabe
03-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Not to be a wise guy....but is it not the case that heavy couponing would mean that a brand is in trouble? Am I way off base? :)

Drew
03-18-2007, 11:58 AM
No in Canada we tend to offer new products at lower prices to promote them when they come out. Like most 591ml of pop sell for $1.39-$1.59 a bottle at stores but the berries and cream and the black cherry vanilla jazz are selling for $0.99 a bottle. So I think where the canadian market doesn't hold such a big market(30Million compared with 300 million in the US). It also explains why we don't often get other flavors to try here very often. As a diabetic I am happy to see more diet products coming out and ones maintaining the great mix of Aspartame and Ace-K.

Drew
03-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I agree! The $1 off two 2L, or 12pack coupon helps too. 50 cents for a 2L bottle of berries & cream is a steal. I just pray this flavour is not discontinued anytime soon, as it's the only unique flavour on the canadian market right now... :)
I have only seen the 2L bottles here in Moncton. What store do you find the 12 pack cases?

MATHA531
03-18-2007, 07:23 PM
In the NYC area, diet cherry vanilla seems to have met its demise (all the better for coca cola which bottles it here to push coke zero cherry I suppose)...it has become more and more difficult to find fridge packs of the stuff (and we've never had 2l bottles in the NYC area...some 20 oz yes)...wonder if this is a national phenomenom.

01GTB
03-18-2007, 08:22 PM
I really miss the coupons. Seemed like twice a year there would be 55 cents-off coupons on regular DP two-liters. It was a regular deal that probably went on for 10+ years. It's probably been 2 1/2 years since I've seen them though. They worked especially well when someone had two-liters on sale for 69-79 cents ;) I guess DP caught on here too well.

drpep
03-18-2007, 08:33 PM
12 pack coupons disappeared several years ago around my area. When Dr Pepper 12 packs would be on sale for 2.99 I would buy a 12 pack cut the 55 cent coupon off and buy another 12 pack for $1.89 with a doubled coupon. I would then repeat this several times during the week. I'd get more coupons when people would return the empties and toss the empty 12 pack in the trash.

Popboy
03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I have only seen the 2L bottles here in Moncton. What store do you find the 12 pack cases?

Loblaws, Dominion, Price Chopper et al.... Since the coupons expire this month I'm gonna have to stock up on DRP B&C, next week. :)

greg
03-22-2007, 03:55 PM
My favorite soda in the whole world is Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. I love the stuff. I was a huge fan of Dr, Pepper but now when I drink it taste too sweet and syrupy.
They are just now starting to get regular placement on shelves in the 20 oz which makes me happy.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-22-2007, 06:00 PM
How are Cherry Vanilla and Berries and Cream doing.
To me plain Dr.Pepper suits me fine,but I wish they had
Caffeine free in my area.

Doug

In my case, I wish they had Cherry Vanilla and Berries and Cream in my area, here there's only regular and diet.