PDA

View Full Version : Coolah? Anybody try this?

Popados
03-19-2007, 08:47 AM
It's a lemon flavored energy drink from Austrailia. It said on the can that it's distributed by Dr. Pepper/Schwepps.

http://www.swensonfunnies.com/soda_wars/images_sodawars/coolah_energy.jpg
I picked up a couple cans yesterday. It tastes a lot like Sprite but with a stronger lemon flavor. Good stuff.

I also picked up some Full Throttle Blue Demon and Bawls. Which I haven't even been able to find yet.

jacksmom
03-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I tried it some time ago - it was pretty good, basically like a carbonated lemonade. I'd probably have it again except the ED market is so heavily saturated with choices that I generally stick to my favorites or I'd go insane! (those being Rip It Limewrecker, Full Throttle Blue Demon and a new one on my A list - Blue Acai 180)

fusion
03-21-2007, 02:57 PM
AFAIK, it's distributed only by Coke bottlers.

The side of the can should say something to the effect of "by a member of the Coca-Cola bottlers association under the authority of Dr Pepper/Seven Up"

It's a nice change from the standard energy drink.

We have it in single cans and 4 packs (the packaging is just like Full Throttle 4 packs).

Produced in Portland, Indiana (PR).

BluejacketT
03-22-2007, 02:03 AM
Tried it last month & it tasted good. I like the lemon flavor. It's in my A-List of EDs.

BriGuy20
03-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but it might not gain traction in a crowded ED environment.

Taste sounds good, I'd try it if I saw it. I'm the kind of guy that mixes Sour Mix with Sprite sometimes. :)

David J.
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Tasted like a Full Throttle extension... it was pretty weak. I didn't really mind the taste, but the "boost" was just as minimal as Full Throttle.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
i love coolah, its my favorite energy drink. vault is my favorite drink. vault isnt an energy drink if it was it'd be my favorite energy drink, but its not.i just hate how people think vault's an energy drink... :( grr cause its not.. i dont mean people here i mean like people out in the real world at places like mcdonalds or whatever ill ask them if they ever consider getting vault in their fountain and they're like :vaults an energy drink: i just want to slap em'. ah well... coolah is very good and has the perfect lemon taste. anyone who likes lemon should definately try this.

Nick Laugher
04-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm really intrigued by this, I wonder if it's available in Canada?

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-07-2007, 05:43 PM
not sure if its available in canada

dyspepsia
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Yea, good stuff. But was more soda-like than an energy drink taste and buzz.

jmyjunk
04-11-2007, 06:22 PM
UGGH!

I had this product a few weeks back. To syrupy, and not that good. I LOVE SOLO which is the Australian lemon drink this is based on. I live on that stuff when I lived there. Why basterdize such a fine product and make into a nasty energy drink is beyond me.
The US is lacking in any tangy lemon drinks on a major scale.

illusionh20
04-13-2007, 02:44 PM
I did a background check on this see the thread below.

Aussie Rip Off! Coolah Energy and Diet Coolah Energy - OzBevNet.com - Forum (http://www.drinksforum.ozbevnet.com/showthread.php?t=88)

fusion
04-13-2007, 05:49 PM
A correction to your page, though.

Coolah is owned by Cadbury Schweppes. It is merely distributed by various Coca-Cola bottlers in the US.

Has anyone even seen the diet version of this?

fixman88
04-13-2007, 11:52 PM
I remember trying Coolah a while back. It's one of my favorites!

illusionh20
04-14-2007, 06:12 AM
A correction to your page, though.

Coolah is owned by Cadbury Schweppes. It is merely distributed by various Coca-Cola bottlers in the US.

Has anyone even seen the diet version of this?

Thanks corrections made.

RJWDOLFINS
04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I, Think its like a pop and not a energy drink at all its like a lemon taste and no buzz

fusion
05-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Cadbury's blowing this stuff out.. I've seen coupons for $1 off singles and $.75 off 4 packs. We only have a few cases left in the warehouse - no word if it's going to be reordered.

xxhopingtearsxx
05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I haven't tried more than a sip from when my twin bought one before. Is it really dry like lemonade?