PDA

View Full Version : Vault Red Blitz Troubles?

shadowlp06
03-20-2007, 01:32 AM
This may seem like a dumb post, but I just had to throw it up here. Vault released its Red Blitz here in the Salt Lake City, Utah area last week. I found a few places that had it for 50 cents for a 20oz bottle. I have two concerns/questions.

First, I like the Red Blitz. But for some reason, after I drink the Red Blitz I get a terrible stomach-ache. This doesn't happen when I drink the original Vault. Any ideas on what thats all about?

Second, why does it seem like Wal-Mart is slow to roll out any new flavors? I find new flavors, including Red Blitz, at C-Stores, local grocers, and other stores well before I see it pop up at Wal-Mart. I also notice this with other products such as Ben and Jerry's ice cream. They recently released a new line of flavors and I saw it everywhere else. I still haven't seen it at Wal-Mart, they still have the same old flavors. (Sorry that was a little of topic but just had to say it).

Anyone got any ideas?

pepsipimp
03-20-2007, 09:49 AM
I can't help you with the Red Blitz but about the Wal-Mart question...It seems to take Wal-Mart longer to 'authorize' new items. We still can't send the new Jazz into Wal-Mart- it comes up 'not on file' yet its everywhere else. We also can't send Dole products (No hurt feelings here). This may be on a local level but that is what I have experienced. Also, they want volume, so that may be why your Ben and Jerry's flavor hasn't come into Wal-Mart yet, sometimes they wait and see how other retailers sell (then place the burden on the manufacturer to prove it will sell) before they authorize the product in their stores. Or they could just have really bad buyers that want to stick to all the plain boring stuff. Sometimes you can talk to the WM Department Mangers who can relay a specific product to a Market Manager who can get the info to a buyer . Hope this helps.

jacksmom
03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm in Utah as well and I just spotted it today at Wal-Mart, a 20 oz. bottle on for 58 cents. I personally love it, and the only thing I know that's different (aside from the flavor) than the original Vault is that Red Blitz has guarana in it and regular Vault does not, so maybe your sensitive to that? I find, though, that I usually feel better with guarana drinks than straight caffeine drinks.

David J.
03-23-2007, 09:55 PM
In my area it hit Wal-Mart before it hit any C-store!