PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Hires Root Beer in Texas or mail order

ilovefilms
03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey folks,
Someone please tell me that Hires Rootbeer is still be made... It got where I could not find it anymore locally in San Antonio, Texas and my folks would bring me a case from Delaware when they came to visit. Now they can't find it and I can't find any online mail order place for it. Can anyone tell me where I can find Hires Rootbeer (bottle or can) in Texas or by mail order???? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rick
ILOVEFILMS, The Collectors Source (http://www.ilovefilms.com)

710 flash
03-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Hometown Favorites sells it on the net in cans and 20 oz bottles.I have gotten it there before.I wouldn't reccommend sodafinder.com.His stuff is so old,it's flat..Enjoy!

kc2037
03-27-2007, 06:26 PM
You are in luck if you are willing to make the drive to Kerrville (about 65 miles from downtown SA). Last time I checked, the Super Wal-Mart there had Hires Root Beer bottled by Temple Bottling Co. They also have Dr Pepper with real sugar and the Crush flavors bottled by the same company.

ilovefilms
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Hometown Favorites sells it on the net in cans and 20 oz bottles.I have gotten it there before.I wouldn't reccommend sodafinder.com.His stuff is so old,it's flat..Enjoy!

Thanks for the info on the site. Cool site. Had Hires in bottle for a pretty good price but the $27 for the cheapest shipping made me decide to use this as plan B.

ilovefilms
03-30-2007, 07:03 PM
You are in luck if you are willing to make the drive to Kerrville (about 65 miles from downtown SA). Last time I checked, the Super Wal-Mart there had Hires Root Beer bottled by Temple Bottling Co. They also have Dr Pepper with real sugar and the Crush flavors bottled by the same company.

Thanks for the info. As kids, my sisters and I drank all the different flavor Crush sodas while my mom drank Hire Root Beer. I thought I was big stuff when I could afford to by my own Hires. I will definately be loading up the van when we go with both Hires & Crush. I greatly appreciate the info.