PDA

View Full Version : fridgepacks...

sunKISSED
03-21-2007, 09:46 PM
am I the only one who can't open these things? I dont think i've ever been able to open one w/o ripping the bottom and having to retape it up

Mr Zabe
03-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Your not alone. LOL
I take my time, I press, pull and tug gently and
I end up taping the bottom of the stupid fridge pack.
No mater what I do, I can't get the fridge pack to open
correctly.

Android
03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Me, I don't bother with the "gravity feed" things, never have. I just open the end of the box and reach in with the cans standing up:

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/fridgepacks.jpg

Mr Zabe
03-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Nice selection of soda pop.
I also hate unpacking the cubes. I sort of miss
the good old cases.

Android
03-22-2007, 04:10 AM
Nice selection of soda pop.

Well, I wish it was the ones in my signature line picture instead! But if that was the case, I'd be breaking my resolution of no sugar sodas (that is until when/if Pepsi Natural comes out) ;)

fusion
03-22-2007, 09:51 AM
If you take your knuckles and rap them against the perforations on top, you should be able to loosen them enough to rip open.

Me, I just tear the box at the handle and take the cans out from the top.

sunKISSED
03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
yeah i just end up ripping off some kind of area on the top to grab a can, dont even mess with the "front" anymore

Xopher
04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I never understood how fridge packs caught on. The pack takes up just as much space in the fridge whether it's got twelve cans in it or one. :confused: Duh.

Skynet
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I never understood how fridge packs caught on. The pack takes up just as much space in the fridge whether it's got twelve cans in it or one. :confused: Duh.

I'm willing to guess it was to copy the idea of these plastic ones you would get out of those lil "as seen on tv" harriet carter things that would always come in the mail

http://www.harrietcarter.com/resources/harrietCarter/images/products/processed/2997.zoom.a.jpg

fusion
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Because it actually fits in most fridges, unlike a regular 3x4 box, which doesn't.

Xopher
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Because it actually fits in most fridges, unlike a regular 3x4 box, which doesn't.

Yeah, but come on, how much trouble is it to take the cans out of the box and put them in the fridge individually? The American consumer never ceases to amaze me. :rolleyes:

David J.
04-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I miss the old cases too. They only exist for DPSU products not bottled by coke or pepsi like sunkist, 7up, rc, etc and a few store brands...

I've always taken them out of the fridge, I think I've only actually "used" a fridgepack a few times.

mofizz
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I also question the functionality of the fridge mate but they sure do sell better than the old 3x4.

Mr Zabe
04-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Last night I tried a different way of opening a fridge pack.
As I gently pressed along the top perforation, I pressed my other hand's
knuckles across of the thin narrow seam along the bottom face
of the fridge pack. It worked well. The vertical seam did not break.

xJABBERWOCKx
04-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I have had success in the past, but when I'm thirsty RIGHT NOW, I have no patience for the fridge pack. Last time I had a Mountain Dew fridge pack, I ripped the front part open. Next time the fridge was opened several cans came a-tumbling out, hitting the floor and spraying soda out of their tiny pinhole leaks.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-07-2007, 02:31 PM
sometimes they dont rip sometimes they do. the pepsi fridgepacks rip a lot for me, but i dont get pepsi much. most of the time i only keep 1 fridge pack in my fridge and then just cans of stuff at the bottom or just anywhere i can put them. at this moment i have a fridgepack of squirt which has about 4 cans left in it. but i dont really get fridgepacks that much. my dad gets cases of stuff like barqs root beer, coke, mello yello and stuff so i usually dont get 12 packs.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I have noticed that pepsi fridgepacks dont open properly alot more than the coke ones, especialy after coke changed the fridgepack design with the tab on the opening. i just got a 12 pack of pepsi and a 12 pack of vault last night, and the vault opened correctly while the pepsi one broke...

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-07-2007, 11:16 PM
my dad brought 2 pepsi fridgemates over... along with a vault zero fridge pack(my mom likes it... lol she thinks it gives her energy) anyway.. i put one pepsi and the vault zero packs in the fridge and opened them. the pepsi one broke and about half the cans fell on the floor and 3 started shooting pepsi everywhere and the vault zero pack opened perfect

Mr Zabe
04-08-2007, 12:03 AM
LOL
As you can see from my avatar, I drink lots of Pepsi.
On average I go through 3 fridge packs a week. I no
long feel so stupid about opening Pepsi fridge packs. LMAO

Come on Pepsi get with it, improve your fridge packs. LOL

Kevin Dupuy
04-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I find it easy to open. But it doesn't matter, anyway. I just take 'em all out. Ah, the good ol days...

mofizz
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Zabe, you should spring for the 24 pack cube, set in the bottom of your fridge and rip into it like a savage everytime you need a cold Pepsi. Thats what I do with my Sundrop and Bud Light.

Mr Zabe
04-10-2007, 04:45 PM
LOL
I buy cubes or fridge packs based on what the best deal is.

POPDISPLAY
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
There is another dispenser; 1 that's designed to work specifically with the Fridgepack and Fridgemate

fridgepack.com

lordmadone
04-29-2008, 06:14 PM
total LIES!!!

JasonCH18
04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I have never had trouble with fridgemates, maybe I am just that good.

greg
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Miller Lite has a similar set up with their 18 pack. Every now and then I open it up and when I pull the first can out the remaining cans that "slide" down end up tearing the glue apart on the flaps and then all hell breaks lose!