PDA

View Full Version : Redline Flavors

greg
03-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Just wanted to get feedback on the new REDLINE Flavors. We introduced them earlier this month in Grape, Apple, and an Extreme Triple Berry. Has anyone had a chance to try them?

Ronin
03-23-2007, 06:31 PM
no but i want to try redline xtreme

SumPoosieCat
03-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Flavors ? I have to say this is kind of confusing... Flavors for what?

Redline is a very good tasting product but its not a beverage its just purely for raw energy.... flavors seem to add little.

Now... if you wanted to turn Redline into a beverage and put it in a 16 ounce can.... Now you have a real winner IMO.

Redline already taste great... getting it in grape or apple... ? I think you missed the mark for us Redline fans. Give the consumer options!!! Flavor options are not as important as product and packaging options.

IMO you would do much better with a 16 ounce BEVERAGE.

AllProDist
03-24-2007, 06:25 PM
The new flavors are awesome. This will give Redline more slots in the coolers. When you add the Redline Extreme, Redline will be getting full shelves in the very competitive Energy Drink Door in every c-store and gas station. I wish they would have done this a year ago.

BriGuy20
03-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Don't see it at the smaller 7-11 I usually visit. Will check the larger one.

Is Redline the extra high caffeine brand?

greg
03-26-2007, 09:30 AM

Redline is a very good tasting product but its not a beverage its just purely for raw energy.... flavors seem to add little.

Now... if you wanted to turn Redline into a beverage and put it in a 16 ounce can.... Now you have a real winner IMO.

Redline already taste great... getting it in grape or apple... ? I think you missed the mark for us Redline fans. Give the consumer options!!! Flavor options are not as important as product and packaging options.

See AllPROS Response.....C'mon man, You know how the beverage business is. More flavors more slots on the shelf.
BTW, Aren't you the one that was ripping RB for there same old flavoring?
Consumers want choices!!! Otherwise we would all be drinking plain Coke and Plain Pepsi!

OH I get it...That is you palying devlis advocate again.

Check your PM, I pm'd you about 3 weeks ago but no response.

climaxenergydrink
03-26-2007, 11:52 AM
greg i agree with you ... consumers want options !!!

HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THESE FLAVORS ?.....Did you have a state wide survey from Redline's current customers !! or just following the trend and good quench your thirst profile !!

CLIMAX
L

greg
03-26-2007, 01:01 PM
greg i agree with you ... consumers want options !!!

HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THESE FLAVORS ?.....Did you have a state wide survey from Redline's current customers !! or just following the trend and good quench your thirst profile !!

CLIMAX
L

We kept it simple. We thought of a flavor that just about anyone can associate with sometime in their life- We came up with Grape. Grape juice, grape soda, grape kool-aid, grapes, the list goes on. The other we already have a flavor system in place with another product- Apple. That seems to be prefered by women about 3-1 to men.

It's tough hitting the flavors just right because the raws tatse so damned awful.

deepnenergy
03-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Now that's a silly statement SPC, just because it's meant for energy don't mean it can not taste different for different people. Even cough medicine has different flavors and that's because different people like different flavors.

GOOD Job Greg for producing the same extreme energy that can meet different taste profiles to the consumer instead of changing the whole thing around like most of the leading companies have. And SCP to see that you will need to go to the C-store pick up two monsters or rock stars and read them, just incase you might ask. It seems like to have a different taste they have to change the whole thing like they don't have confidence in their brand formula.

something to think about....

greg
03-26-2007, 03:03 PM

beverage

noun
any liquid suitable for drinking; "

REDLINE is a beverage- the word "Energy" before "drink" is an adjective that describes the beverage.

SumPoosieCat
03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Wait a minute folks you may be missing my point....

First... for the record I am a Redline fan
Second... below is my opinion
Third... Redline already taste good and people drink it quickly for the buzz
4th ... I do not feel adding flavors adds as much to the line as would a 16 ounce can.
5th ... Greg are you really comparing your taste to the taste of Red Bull ?

Let's take it a step further since you mentioned Red Bull. Red Bull is the leader and they chose to expand package options instead of offering more flavors.... do they know what they are doing?

Android
03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Wait a sec, 16 ounce? Maybe I'm mis-remembering this product, but I thought the smaller can that constitutes Redline's current packaging was already considered two servings. And aren't people already not reading the warning labels and chugging those two servings as it is now, with some people freaking out ("I thought I was gonna die" sort of thing)when the metabolic rush hits them? What's going to happen if they were to put it in an even larger container? Do you dilute it or do you run the risk of even more incidents like that?
-Andy

climaxenergydrink
03-26-2007, 07:20 PM
We kept it simple. We thought of a flavor that just about anyone can associate with sometime in their life- We came up with Grape. Grape juice, grape soda, grape kool-aid, grapes, the list goes on. The other we already have a flavor system in place with another product- Apple. That seems to be prefered by women about 3-1 to men.

It's tough hitting the flavors just right because the raws tatse so damned awful.

I see !! Grape was an interesting choice and taking time to explain the thought process behind it ...makes it , that much better !!

Apple+Redline= 1 happy women ( big trend for women - look in the bars, lounges, clubs..look what there drinking ...appletinis....etc..) even though RL is targeted towards sports nutrition & fitness ultimately !! but it gives you an idea of the entire female arena !!

**OH BY THE WAY PUTTING RL IN 16OZ CAN WOULD LOSE ITS CHARACTER & BRAND IDENTITY !! No offense SPC !!

CLIMAX
L

SumPoosieCat
03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Placing Redline in a 16 ounce can would lose its Brand Identity ?

You may be right... heck... what do I know about building a brand...

climaxenergydrink
03-26-2007, 07:49 PM

Off of the top of my head....My honest opinion was your first bottle (12oz-2004 edition) wasn't as nice as your can ...right now...the graphics on the can are awesome !! but thats what happens when you are in the business i guess ? i assume you learn from your experiences...good , bad etc... i bet you your numbers went up overnight when you presented the 16 oz can as an upsell to your current customers !! IMO !!

As far as RL in 16oz can it wouldn't work for greg in my opinion !! I think the sports nutrition & fitness people would be intimidated at first in seeing RL in 16oz because of the profile it has in it's sleek bottle 240ml !! I think people will try it out for curiosity purposes but overall it wouldn't do the numbers it's doing now in 8oz (240ml) for RL !! Just think of getting all those ingredients to work in a 16oz and to be similar to the 8oz !! but than again who knows.....

CLIMAX
L

SumPoosieCat
03-26-2007, 08:02 PM
The energy drink drinkers would love RL in a 16 ounce can and the fitness people would continue to buy RL in the little 8 ounce.

I think it is more important to bring more people into the brand than it is to offer flavor choices to the same buyers. Few people are going to think WOW now I can try RL because they finally decided to make apple RL.

IMO.

-VV-
03-27-2007, 05:59 AM
I think it is more important to bring more people into the brand than it is to offer flavor choices to the same buyers. Few people are going to think WOW now I can try RL because they finally decided to make apple RL.

IMO.

Because as we all know, no beverage company has ever "brought more people into the brand" by introducing additional flavors. I mean, who ever picks up a beverage purely to try out a new flavor?

/sarcasm

SumPoosieCat
03-27-2007, 08:24 AM
AGAIN... I have never heard ANYONE say Redline did not taste good.

If you are like me you only drink 4 ounces in the morning before my workout and 4 ounces after lunch. Another flavor does not mean much because I only drink 4 ounces at a time like most.

If you come out with a 16 ounce version you market to the average ED drinker and you have the 8 ounce workout version. I just feel that helps expand your market and brings the brand to more people.

I just don't see grape and apple expanding your market nearly as much as a 16 ounce can would...

greg
03-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Part of our vision is to be unigue and different. Hence the ingredient profile. As the trend towards 16 oz packages coninues( 2.6% in 2001-42.7% in 2005) We solidify that differentiation by continuing to produce a good solid energy drink that offers more energy in an 8oz bottle than those in 16oz bottles. We have built our reputation in the Sports Nutrition Industry as a company that delivers on its promises. In an industry that sees companies come and go at the speed of light because of just Great Marketing and then do not deliver on that hype we take great pride in being a long term survivor.
The flavor extensions are a way to bring relief to those that have grown bored and indifferent towards the brand because of the same old flavor. Moreover, the consumer that doesn't like the triple berry flavor now has a choice. Grape, as I said it is a flavor that most , if not all, of us can associate with. The Apple is a sweet smooth tatse that tested well with women.( a huge part of our target market due to the fat burning aspect of it).

And again, another part of the equation is shelf presence. By adding 3 more SKU's to a brand that does well it is almost gauranteed that increased shelf space will be made available thereby increasing sales and awarenesss.
It is Brand Building 101 in my book.

I'm not putting down SPC, I like the drink, but if I have one row of REDLINE Triple Berry that sells while sitting next to SPC that sells well and then I introduce 2 new flavors and an extreme version of REDLINE who do you think will get the extra shelf facings at the retail level? In the end we are banking that REDLINE will now have 4 facings to SPC's 1.

greg
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
AGAIN... I have never heard ANYONE say Redline did not taste good.

If you come out with a 16 ounce version you market to the average ED drinker and you have the 8 ounce workout version. I just feel that helps expand your market and brings the brand to more people.

I just don't see grape and apple expanding your market nearly as much as a 16 ounce can would...

If I came out with a 16oz I will be chasing the big boys. It seems to me Monster built its brand on an old premise that Pepsi used 90 years ago. Twice as much for the same price!
We are taking a different approach, 3 times the energy at half the servings!

SumPoosieCat
03-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I understand and wish you all the luck in the world... like I said... I am a RL fan.

But this is a board for opinions and ideas and I love ideas. I am just giving you my 10 cents.

Knock em Dead.... by the way when SumPoosie Cat Sugar Free and SumPoosie Cat Extreme come out I will make sure you get Sum.

greg
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I understand and wish you all the luck in the world... like I said... I am a RL fan.

But this is a board for opinions and ideas and I love ideas. I am just giving you my 10 cents.

Knock em Dead.... by the way when SumPoosie Cat Sugar Free and SumPoosie Cat Extreme come out I will make sure you get Sum.

I wasn't knocking your ideas, I was just explaining the path we are taking.
Everyone goes to market differently, What works for me may not work for you! And of course Vice Versa. Bottom line.

Black Spiderman
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I love the traditional Red Line and I can't wait to try the new flavors!!

rackitup
03-30-2007, 03:50 AM
As of 03/29/07 GNC @ Lloyd center in Portland OR. still does not have any of the new flavors.

An employee told me she heard Grape was the only new flavor coming.

greg
03-30-2007, 09:26 AM
As of 03/29/07 GNC @ Lloyd center in Portland OR. still does not have any of the new flavors.

An employee told me she heard Grape was the only new flavor coming.

They're out there. We are selling them as fast as we can make them. The Green Apple has been backordered twice so far. We didn't expect it to hit as hard as the Grape and the Extreme.
They will be in the stores soon. GNC's are always hammering us, as well as other manufacturers, for C of A's and other stuff even though we just made a flavor change. The whole process still has to go through their legal department which takes a while.

Black Spiderman
03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
I generally go to Hi-Health in Phoenix, but I will check at GNC for some new flavors

greg
03-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I generally go to Hi-Health in Phoenix, but I will check at GNC for some new flavors

Hi Health has there order on the road as we speak. They should be getting it early Next week.
Danny's Car Washes- I know that seems small but they have ordered conisistently from me over the past year at least 5 skids(490 cases) of product every month. Surprised the heck out of me! They are having there flavors shipped out next week.

Black Spiderman
04-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi Health has there order on the road as we speak. They should be getting it early Next week.
Danny's Car Washes- I know that seems small but they have ordered conisistently from me over the past year at least 5 skids(490 cases) of product every month. Surprised the heck out of me! They are having there flavors shipped out next week.

That is wild!! There is one close to me too. Thanks for the updates.

climaxenergydrink
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Greg,

just had the opportunity to taste the grape REDLINE and it is awesome !! No after taste or anything, just a fantastic pick me up !! Might i add i like the tint of purple near the top of the packaging it really spells out the flavor even before you get to taste it !! GREAT JOB !! keep up the good work !!

your friend,

CLIMAX
Lenny

Black Spiderman
04-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Oooh, purple tint?? I must have a bottle.

bravobravo
04-08-2007, 06:17 PM
See AllPROS Response.....C'mon man, You know how the beverage business is. More flavors more slots on the shelf.
BTW, Aren't you the one that was ripping RB for there same old flavoring?
Consumers want choices!!! Otherwise we would all be drinking plain Coke and Plain Pepsi!

OH I get it...That is you palying devlis advocate again.

Check your PM, I pm'd you about 3 weeks ago but no response.

If you haven't realized it yet, I believe it is a safe assumption that POOSIEBOY is a bit dense.

bravobravo
04-08-2007, 06:18 PM
If you haven't realized it yet, I believe it is a safe assumption that POOSIEBOY is a bit dense.

One more thing, Greg. I think you guys have a good thing going with Redline. I don't feel the same for SumPoosie.

bravobravo
04-08-2007, 06:21 PM

eNOUGH TO DRIVE AN ACCORD, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO AFFORD THE sl500.

SumPoosieCat
04-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow... I guess you told me! This is a board for thoughts and ideas. I gave my thoughts and opinions. Additional flavors did not make sense to me as much as the 16 ounce packaging... just my opinion. But you seem to know more about this than I do bravo... what is the name of the brand you have created and marketed nationwide?

bravobravo
04-09-2007, 10:32 AM
POOSIEBOY

Honestly, I mostly read and don't reply on this board, but you seem like such a know-it all twit, that sometimes I need to step in and say so.

By the way, I didn't create a brand, but I did make money on HANS.

SumPoosieCat
04-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Lol... now you have moved on to name calling? Bravo...it is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

BriGuy20
04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Lol... now you have moved on to name calling? Bravo...it is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You should take your own advice, SumPoosie.

bravobravo
04-09-2007, 05:18 PM

I'm not name calling. I am simply expressing my opinion. I think you act like a know-it-all and you would do better for yourself if you were a bit more humble.

VIVA MONSTER!!!

SumPoosieCat
04-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Bravo.... I have no idea what you are talking about. Like you.... I simply express my opinion.

If I stated something you disagree with ... make your point! It sounds like you have an issue with SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink... if so say so.

I sound like a know it all ? Bravo ... I have taken an idea drawn on a napkin to a successful energy drink sold across the country. Is it possible I might have something to offer on the subject of Energy Drinks....maybe?

bravobravo
04-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Bravo.... I have no idea what you are talking about. Like you.... I simply express my opinion.

If I stated something you disagree with ... make your point! It sounds like you have an issue with SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink... if so say so.

I sound like a know it all ? Bravo ... I have taken an idea drawn on a napkin to a successful energy drink sold across the country. Is it possible I might have something to offer on the subject of Energy Drinks....maybe?

Yes, you have valuable input, it's just the way you go about giving your input. Also, you don't like it when people disagree with you. You don't like it when you're wrong.

Also, too bad you didn't take the Red Bull deal. You'd be wealthier that way and you could have afforded to launch your bevco on a sheet of plain white paper instead of a napkin.

Sincerely yours,
BRAVOBRAVO - not to be confused with the pain at Bravo Foods

SumPoosieCat
04-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank you Greg !!! I will give you a full report at the end of the week! Wait a minute.... I see no Florida sun packed in here...lol...

greg
04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Thank you Greg !!! I will give you a full report at the end of the week! Wait a minute.... I see no Florida sun packed in here...lol...

As I was told when I moved to South Florida and realized how expensive everything is: The SUNSHINE AINT FREE!
Enjoy and let me know what you think.
BTW, Did you get all the flavors and the Extreme?

SumPoosieCat
04-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I got all 4 thank you very much. Before I get started I want to give you all a pat on the back... it is not easy to produce a couple of new flavors... I wish you all the luck and success in the world. Now.... here we go.

The packaging for Extreme Redline is right on target and looks fantastic. The all Red Cans are very nice and look great. However, the apple, and grape cans need to be ALL green and ALL purple just like the Extreme is ALL red IMO. The RedLine logo sticks out enough... make the cans all purple and all green so consumers are not confused.

Tonight I tasted the grape and it is delicious... as nice as this "flavor" is I still think a Redline in a 16 ounce can would be a home run......... yes..... this grape is very good. Good job Greg.... tomorrow .... Apple.

greg
04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
It would not be a finished review without the 16 oz statement would it???? LOL
Thanks for the compliments.
I don't want to get into the "branding" concept on the packaging because everyone sees it differently. However, The fade to green and purple could be a little more pronounced.

SumPoosieCat
04-12-2007, 10:50 AM
The green apple is another hit... the taste is very good and I am not a big green apple fan, but this really is nice. I still have the extreme left to try... and I am a little nervous.... Redline Extreme..... wow.

Yes I had to get my 16 ounce can in there... only because I believe it would increase your market more than flavors will. However, with that being said... these flavors are very well done.

PS.... all green can... all purple can....lol...

Nick Laugher
04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm damn anxious to get my samples, should be a good time. Bit nervous about trying Xtreme though.

greg
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm damn anxious to get my samples, should be a good time. Bit nervous about trying Xtreme though.

Being in Nova Scotia it could take a little while longer to get your product.
Your samples went out 1 day after SPC's. As of now I have not recieved anything regarding customs holdups.
g

Black Spiderman
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
I have a 4 pack of both flavors and will try one today and one tomorrow.

Has the extreme hit the streets yet?? I didn't see it.

greg
04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I have a 4 pack of both flavors and will try one today and one tomorrow.

Has the extreme hit the streets yet?? I didn't see it.

Yes, The Xtreme is out there. It cost just a little but more and some Distributors are going through it pretty quick while others are focusing more on the new flavors.
g

Nick Laugher
04-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Just got my Redline! Such a massive amount!
I'm very intimidated!

Thanks again Greg!

greg
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Just got my Redline! Such a massive amount!
I'm very intimidated!

Thanks again Greg!

Glad to hear it. Keep me posted.
g

DudeMan
04-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Is REDLINE Extreme more potent than regular REDLINE? If so, who is this drink for? Do some people drink a REDLINE and actually say "damn I wish this was bit stronger"? Is the 8oz Xtreme supposed to be 3 servings?
Juist curious!

greg
04-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Is REDLINE Extreme more potent than regular REDLINE? If so, who is this drink for? Do some people drink a REDLINE and actually say "damn I wish this was bit stronger"? Is the 8oz Xtreme supposed to be 3 servings?
Juist curious!

The Extreme is more of an endurance type product. It also has some mood enhancers in it. The Beta Alanine helps with endurance during reisitance exercises.
This is not to be confused with endurance associated with aerobic activity alone.

NRGSLLR@
04-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Greg, are you repackaging in CCM aluminum bottle can? Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post. If so have you seen the Ball 12oz can?

greg
04-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Greg, are you repackaging in CCM aluminum bottle can? Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post. If so have you seen the Ball 12oz can?

We are now in a PET bottle with a shrink sleeve. We had too many inventory problems with the Aluminum bottle so we had to make a change.
No I have not seen it , but I will look it up and check it out.

Black Spiderman
05-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I've tried both the new flavors and enjoy them both. The flavors are right on time because I was getting a little burnt out on the traditional flavor. I liked the color of the original and wish for some reason the grape was purple and the apple was green, but I'll live.

Drinks still get me hype for my workouts so I'm happy with it.

I'm on the lookout for X-treme, still haven't seen it at my spot yet.

rackitup
05-08-2007, 07:24 PM
They're out there. We are selling them as fast as we can make them. The Green Apple has been backordered twice so far. We didn't expect it to hit as hard as the Grape and the Extreme.
They will be in the stores soon. GNC's are always hammering us, as well as other manufacturers, for C of A's and other stuff even though we just made a flavor change. The whole process still has to go through their legal department which takes a while.

The Grape was Fantastic.

I have heard board mates suggest different package enhancements for the new flavors, I would simply add a Purple cap to the Grape, and a Green cap to the Apple.

Black Spiderman
05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey Greg I saw your pic in the beverage magazine I got in the mail. Awesome stuff.

PS Someone stole my grape redline out of my bag today

SumPoosieCat
05-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Greg...saw the new print ad in Oxygen... very nice!

greg
05-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Greg...saw the new print ad in Oxygen... very nice!

Thansk SPC.

NRGSLLR@
05-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Greg, I'm running the Chicago Marathon in October, want to sponsor me?

Just kidding, I am running though. I might recover by NACS in November

greg
05-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Greg, I'm running the Chicago Marathon in October, want to sponsor me?

Just kidding, I am running though. I might recover by NACS in November

My advice is to start out slow and gradually build up to a good distance and pace.
Walking at a good pace for a weak and then build up from there. Your joints and ligaments will thank you.
Good Luck.
PM me you address and I will send you some essentail supplements to help recovery and alleviate some of the soreness.
g