PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question...

shadowlp06
03-24-2007, 01:59 AM
I am in the loss prevention field...I catch shoplifters, watch for organized theft, etc. Recently, I have been noticing and hearing from some coworkers that they are seeing a rise in Red Bull case theft. People will walk in, load up a cart of Red Bull, and try and walk out. Am I missing something? Is there a black market for Red Bull and other energy drinks that I am missing? Just curious...I have noticed people doing this more and more.

fusion
03-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I see 4pks with missing cans all the time. People can mix it with cheap alcohol for a cheap high, or in cases of organized theft, it can be resold to mom & pops for profit, since RB is the biggest energy drink out there.

There was a person working at one Wal-Mart in my area that would steal at least one can every shift he/she worked. I would come in in the morning and there the damaged 4 pack would be. Then one day, it stopped, and the person no longer works there.

Small can, easy to conceal, no security tag, high price for it's small size.

reset man
03-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Not sure if there is a black market for it but it has always been a target for theft. Many of the smaller convenient stores actually place it in their deli cases so the customer would have to ask for it. That small can is easy to conceal and it is a high end item. Also it is a very expensive mixer for booze, I'm sure that has something to do with the full case theft.