PDA

View Full Version : Weekend trip to Niagara Falls Canada

SplitLevelP
03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
On friday I will be leaving for Canada and wonder once I cross over the border what are the different drink choices,packaging not found in usa of the regular big 3's products and what glass can be found? Any help from those close to the border or members who live in canada would be a great help.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
On friday I will be leaving for Canada and wonder once I cross over the border what are the different drink choices,packaging not found in usa of the regular big 3's products and what glass can be found?

I'm sure you'll see a lot of this...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/435992542_c5800a90c6.jpg

PSOmasterX77
03-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Prepare to be disappointed. I had the same high hopes as you, maybe even lower, because I was only trying to find Mountain Dew Caffeine Free. There's like nothing rare you'll find. Nothing unique. They still have Fruitopia, that's the most memorable thing I can think of. I eventually found 2-Liters of my Mtn Dew at some 7-11, even that was impossible to track down.

Drew
03-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Canada doesn't have much selection...we do have a lot of products that have no caffene that in the states would...and we also have 591ml bottles...i think u guys in the states have like 20oz or something? Ummm...some products that are canadian only....if u are willing to go outside the box of pepsi/coke you can find some fun stuff. Hope you enjoy your visit.

XLS_04
03-28-2007, 03:14 AM
as far as I remember from my last visit...

There are alot of different flavors of Canada Dry giner ale out there such as lemon, cranberry, etc...

The Sprite label looks different than the U.S. one, Sprite zero is still called diet Sprite there.

The C2 logo in Canada looks better than the one used here and Tropicana Twister has a different label and graphics as well.

The 6 pack of Coca-Cola products are bigger than the ones in the U.S. as well.

I also bought some Caribbean Flavored soda in glass bottles by the brand name "Grace" in a very small font, maybe it was there generic. I think it was called Sorbet or something I honestly forget now but it was very good and there were other odd flavors.

Aside from beverages there are alot more different types of potato chips and Dorito's flavors as well.

I am mentioning that because Pepsi owns Frito-Lay and the Dorito's brand.

Go to a Loblaw's supermarket (there is quite a few of them out there) and you will see these brands.

SplitLevelP
03-28-2007, 05:11 AM
after reading the reply I searched for the loblaws store and found no niagara falls location.How far is the store from there? is there a chain with a location right in city limits?

fusion
03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
In Niagara Falls, Loblaws operates under the Zehrs name.

Zehrs - Home (http://www.zehrs.ca)

You've also got A&P.

Freshobsessed.com - A & P/Dominion (http://www.freshobsessed.com)

XLS_04
03-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I did not know there was no Loblaw's in the Niagra Falls area, I went to the one in Toronto. In the supermarkets in Niagra Falls if you don't see much of a difference in selection from the U.S. then you might be better off trying to go to a supermarket that is not in the tourist areas.

ScottyLibido
03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Let me chime in on this subject...I work at Zehrs in Windsor and the selection should still be the same as Niagara Falls. As far as stuff that is different than the US, our regular Mountain Dew is caffeine free, there are 2 other Mt Dew drinks that are full of caffeine, ginseng etc called Dew Fuel (reg and diet), we have Crush and Diet Crush (diet is made with Splenda), Zehrs store brand President's Choice has a great variety of sodas that are very good IMHO, we have Mug rootbeer and diet, we still have C2, and a couple others that escape me, I will have to check again and let you know. While you are there, check the snack aisle, we have a lot of different snacks and chips that you will like. Weird flavored Lay's Doritos etc. Hope this helps...

SplitLevelP
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks Scott the insider post was huge help fusion the web links were a great find it nice to compare ads here to there and I thank any others for the help they offered.Any last minute adds are more then welcome any help is good help!

PSOmasterX77
03-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks Scott the insider post was huge help fusion the web links were a great find it nice to compare ads here to there and I thank any others for the help they offered.Any last minute adds are more then welcome any help is good help!

Like they said, look outside of the main tourist Niagara Falls area. There was nothing of interest there other than OH WAIT THEY HAD THE ORANGE SODA WITH LIKE 5% JUICE IT WAS SOOO GOOD. And the ketchup potato chips from Lays. Fully dressed ruffles are good too. Sea Salt&Pepper chips suck.

fusion
03-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Around here, we have Heinz-branded ketchup chips from Herr's:

http://www.herrs.com/Products/Chips/images/Ketchup.jpg