PDA

View Full Version : new monster

wvmnteers
03-30-2007, 02:18 PM
has anyone tried the new monster flavor M80,

BriGuy20
03-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Will try it if I see it. Only one that I haven't been blown away by is the red one (it's okay once in a while).

Compare and contrast Hansen/Monster's strategy/sales growth with Red Bull's. Which one seems like a better idea?

David J.
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
The local monster distributer came to the college today giving away Monster and Rumba... it is the number one energy drink in my area, and just passed Red Bull.

I did try M80 - it'll be on the shelves in a few weeks here, I've read they where having production problms. It tasted a lot like Monster Khaos to me... excpect this was 80% juice according to the can, not 70% like Khaos. Found out about a new iced coffee monster... can't wait to try that either.

amyers
04-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I hated it. It's very tropical and to me it tasted nothing like Khaos. I love Khaos.

Nick Laugher
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Iced coffee Monster eh? That sounds damn intriguing.

turbojames
04-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Is it fair to assume that Coke and Pepsi cannot keep up with Monster and all of its derivatives?

DudeMan
04-09-2007, 10:19 PM
No it's not fair to assume that, in my opinion. Coke/RS are putting out all kinds of brand extensions/derivatives. With their distribution system, they don't seem to have any trouble getting placement for them either. Putting out brand extensions , especially mediocre ones, is not all that difficult for big companies. What Coke & Pepsi can't keep up with is the appeal that the Monster brand has to its target market.

BriGuy20
04-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Coke/Pepsi's distribution can only go so far with the currently limited shelf space afforded to energy drinks.

Of all the brand extensions, the only one that seems to be doing well is Rockstar's Guava Juiced (I see that at most 7-11s I go to). Not technically owned by Coke, but it has the Coke distribution system behind it. Rockstar is (I think) the #3 pure ED brand by case volume.

I don't think any of Pepsi's brands seem to have much traction in the category. I seem to see one or two of their brands (usually the disgusting Sobe grapefruit one), but they've carpet-bombed the market without much to show for it. I do hold out hope for the new SoBe flavors, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

It seems that Coke and Pepsi can keep up, but they don't seem to be as successful with their brand extentions as Monster. I do think it's better to expand than to sit on your laurels (coughREDBULLcough), however.

NweProductWriter
04-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Found out about a new iced coffee monster... can't wait to try that either.

Latest Challenger to Frappuccino Dominance: Java Monster Hansen Natural is about to buttress its powerhouse Monster Energy line with new subline employing that original energy ingredient, coffee. Java Monster is Frappuccino-type item that launches in April in 16-oz cans in 3 flavors: Big Black, Mean Bean and Loca Mocha, trade sources said. Details not yet available, but chmn/ceo Rodney Sacks had expressed hi hopes to investors last week for unidentified new brand that could serve as growth platform. This apparently is it. Monster thus becomes latest to try to dent near-monopoly enjoyed by Pepsi/Starbucks Frappuccino. After lull in new items late last yr, co is readying M-80 juice extension (BBI, Feb 22) and working on special packages to offer Anheuser-Busch distribs for on-premise biz. More details on all of these as we get ’em.

this is sourced.....Could this be the Monster Java (Iced Coffee)?