PDA

View Full Version : Anything Cool in Houston?

jbwalters
04-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I will be making a trip from south Mississippi to Houston next weekend and am wondering if there is anything unique in the Houston area (will also be going through Baton Rouge if anyone knows what's around there).

Specifically, I'm looking for Mountain Dew Livewire, Cheerwine, Squirt, Crush flavors (other than orange), and Nehi flavors (other than peach). However, I will probably pick up anything that is not found in my area so let me know what else I can find.

jericho
04-02-2007, 12:30 AM
I picked up some 20oz plastic bottles of Dublin Dr. Pepper in Houston at a convenience store a couple weeks ago. This was my first taste of Dr. Pepper made with pure cane sugar. I'm not sure what store it was though, but it was near the Magnolia area.

kc2037
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
You can find Big Punch around the Louisiana/Texas border and Beaumont area. It's a pretty rare product made by Big Red. I also recall Cheerwine being produced in that area, but I'm not positive as I have never seen it.

As far as Houston goes, you should be able to find Squirt and MD Livewire just about everywhere. Just west of Houston in a town called Brookshire (specifically at This Chevron station (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=chevron&near=brookshire,+tx&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=13&om=1&iwloc=A)) you can find most Crush flavors, including Cherry.

I'm not sure if your area has it or not, but you can find Sunkist Pineapple in Houston. Also you can get Mexican Coke, Sprite, and Jarritos pretty much anywhere.

jbwalters
04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the replies. I also appreciate the link to the Chevron station; I'm excited about the Crush flavors. I will definitely keep a lookout for Dublin Dr. Pepper and Sunkist Pineapple also.

I've gotten hooked on Mountain Dew Livewire, and my wife really likes Squirt but neither is in our area so I hope to find some. There is actually a good bit of Big Punch, Big Peach, and Big Red in this area although I don't drink any of them regularly.