PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Good... out of business?

DrPepperYummy
04-02-2007, 08:05 PM
I was looking for a thread or news story but I haven't found anything... local rumor is jolly good is out of business they stopped delivering to warehouses? Who knows what?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Really? Their stuff is still around here, but i wonder if we will get more stock when it runs out... I hope they arent out of business...

DrPepperYummy
04-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Really? Their stuff is still around here, but i wonder if we will get more stock when it runs out... I hope they arent out of business...

Let me know what you see or hear... I just can't believe they would fold up and go, so I'm thinking I wasn't given the whole story by the store and just that in this particular region or chain they won't be around... but I haven't seen them in pick all year since they replaced it with roundys brand...

Zap
04-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I certainly hope that they are still around... I have many fond memories of the various flavors - and they certainly stand up to the big brands.

If they are indeed gone, hopefully someone else will buy them up and keep producing the products - a pipe dream would be with cane sugar!

drpep
04-03-2007, 07:54 PM
What is Jolly Good?

Zap
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Jolly Good is a (somewhat?) localized brand of soda. It has always been available here in Southeastern Wisconsin. I'm not sure how much further away it can be found.

David J.
04-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Are they releated to Jolly Pirate Donuts? :P

Mr Zabe
04-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Isn't there a food brand named Jolly Good?
I see low priced microwave popcorn named Jolly Good.

fusion
04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
You're thinking of Jolly Time.

JOLLY TIME Pop Corn - Home (http://www.jollytime.com/)

Mr Zabe
04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
You're thinking of Jolly Time.

JOLLY TIME Pop Corn - Home (http://www.jollytime.com/)
Brainfreeze. LOL Right you are. Thanks

Zap
04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
:( I think it is official - I went to the Sentry nearby that carries the Jolly Good and all the stock was listed as discontinued. Best to get your favorites while you can - they will be gone :(

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
OSHI-- Seriously? OMG im going to sentry NOW to see this.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I went to sentry. No Jolly good at all. It has all been replaced by store brand. They have some odd flavors of store brand though, you can get Kola champagne, pineapple, and black cherry to name a few... So i went to woodmans afterwards, and the Jolly good section was very empty, so i got 2 cases of what was left, mostly Pina colada soda (my favorite jolly good flavor, btw), and also got a couple cherry and cream soda... Its sad to see this brand go... It was always my beverage of choice when i was low on money. RIP Jolly Good.