PDA

View Full Version : sorry gays! coke zero is for str8 guys...

popologist
04-02-2007, 11:46 PM
i wouldn't have believed this if i hadn't read it on bevnet, but... apparently, coke zero is targeted... specifically... at str8 guys.

not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

http://www.bevnet.com/bevblog/2007/03/coke-zero-for-straight-guy-who-is.html

according to the article, diet coke is already popular with gay men.

popologist
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
hmm. i hope this didn't offend anyone.

da987
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Here in England it has been specifically targeted to men who tend to find Diet sodas too feminine.

The official Coke Zero celebrity spokesman is Wayne Rooney who is an England soccer player.

The newspapers satrted calling Coke Zero "Bloke Coke" when it was first announced it was going to be released and who it was going to be targeted at. The word "bloke" is English slang for man. Bloke Coke became such a popular phrase in England with the media, that if you go to the UK Patent Office website, you will find the Coca-Cola have registered the name Bloke Coke as a trademark.

Mr Zabe
04-03-2007, 05:49 PM
That's a real cool name...Bloke Coke.
I bet Coca Cola uses the name Bloke Coke in an add campaign.
Now how about a drink for the Bints. LOLOLOL
(meant in a nice pub sort of way.:) )

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
In latin america, Coca-Cola Zero advertising and promotion is more targeted to young people... although you're right, the right goal of Coke Zero is to be the diet soda for men...

Despite some opinions that Coke Zero would eat some of the market share of Diet Coke/Coca-Cola Light, I don't think so, Diet Coke/Coca-Cola Light has a lot of loyal customers... for instance: my sister, she doesn't like Coke Zero, because she's accustomed to the taste of Coca-Cola Light... while my dad, my brother and me really like Coke Zero...

Popologist, don't feel bad, in fact, thanks for posting... but that guy that wrote the blog will make that more guys will switch to Coke Zero... :D

BTW... yesterday, the japanese Diet Coca-Cola, changed its label and also its name, now it's "No Calorie Coca-Cola":

http://www.cocacola.co.jp/000003900.jpg http://www.cocacola.co.jp/000003904.jpg

ZOZOTOWN | No Calorie Coca-Cola (http://www.cocacola.jp/nocalorie)

popologist
04-03-2007, 11:51 PM
i actually like that new packaging for japan's "no-calorie coca-cola".

but "diet coke" is such an iconic brand in the US, i'm not sure coke would ever DARE change it...

drpep
04-04-2007, 01:14 PM
hmm. i hope this didn't offend anyone.

Only thing that offends me is the way you spelled straight.
I watched an episode of The Simpsons, one which Homer fears Bart may be gay, and several references were made about diet sodas and gays. Never gav ethat any thought other times I've seen that episode until this post.

popologist
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
sorry. i text a lot and abbreviate. :)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Only thing that offends me is the way you spelled straight.
I watched an episode of The Simpsons, one which Homer fears Bart may be gay, and several references were made about diet sodas and gays. Never gav ethat any thought other times I've seen that episode until this post.

That episode is awesome! :D I laugh like crazy in the part when Homer says: "I like my beer cold, my tv loud and the homosexuals... flaaaaming"

Drink Slinger
04-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Diet Pepsi MAX, with ginseng and that xtra dose of caffiene, is also being targeted toward males

drpep
04-04-2007, 10:12 PM
sorry. i text a lot and abbreviate. :)

I forgot to add a smiley to that post.

popologist
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Diet Pepsi MAX, with ginseng and that xtra dose of caffiene, is also being targeted toward males

diet pepsi max seems to be a direct response to the success of coke zero. it will be interesting to see how coke responds.

i know in other countries, pepsi commercials say something like "max is better than zero." but zero still sells better.