PDA

View Full Version : How do you throw a party?

wonkapete
04-03-2007, 02:43 AM
I've been away from the board lately, planning a party for my dad's surprise birthday this past weekend. What other way to party, than to throw in a touch of soda. Here's the pics for you that can appreciate them..

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-03-2007, 02:54 AM
Wow... Just wow...

Mr Zabe
04-03-2007, 03:33 AM
I can't wait to visit your soda pop museum.
Breath taking collection and I know you have tons more.:)
Just amazing!!!!!!!

Dr. Galaga
04-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Nice pics!
Does your family think you're nuts?

Paul's Beverages
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow! You guys are really into the pop aren't cha? Jim

greg
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Those picture look very incriminating. Does Coke and Pepsi know you have so much of their POS material, much of it looking relatively new and still useable.
One of those Pepsi Fountains look as if it came straight from the warehouse! LOL.

beware of the wide eyes and closed mouths on this board.

wonkapete
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Greg, I travel quite a bit spending many thousands of $$ each year at auctions and sells for this type of stuff.

However, if you are insinuating anything at all, I'll remove these pictures and go elsewhere. I'm a bit offended at your comments.

Mr Zabe
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
WP,
Please post those pictures again. Those of us who know you,
know that you collect your pieces on the up and up. I look forward
to seeing your various pictures. I wish any board mate that has
a concern would say so via a priviate email.

Your a fine collector!!!!

jblaviback
04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah Wonka Pete, I would love to see the pictures. I think those of us who know you on the board understand that you are an amazing collector. I myself allways look forward to posts by you because they allways have awsome pictures. Please post them again.

greg
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Greg, I travel quite a bit spending many thousands of $$ each year at auctions and sells for this type of stuff.

However, if you are insinuating anything at all, I'll remove these pictures and go elsewhere. I'm a bit offended at your comments.

I think you misunderstood my statements. I could care less how much you have, as long as it is your rightfully. I was trying to PROTECT you.
Coke and Pepsi lose millions of dollars of POS due to theft each year. I am sure they have no problem making an example out of someone to send a messgae.
As I said, some of that stuff looks looks NEW and still useable and if you understand contracts you would realize that it is on LOAN, not given to the retailer. If he sells it to you or auctions it off that is illegal.

Sorry you took my message the wrong way.

Lepke
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Come on Pete put the pictures back up, we all enjoy them.
The next time you throw a party invite me, I will do the cooking.
BBQ is a hobby of mine. This New Jersey Jew smokes the best pork ribs you ever had.

shadowlp06
04-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Wonka Pete, post those again...

You know, I am in the retail loss prevention field, and let me tell you...If Wonka Pete had obtained those items illegally, I SERIOUSLY doubt he would post pictures of his spoils on the internet. I have seen alot of things in my job, and learned alot of things, and one thing for sure criminals aren't stupid!

My brother used to work for Coke, and they would offer to sell him old Coke machines all the time, if not they just sent them to auction.

WonkaPete, I never got to see that collection, but it sounds wonderful! Hope you post them up again soon.

sodadood
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Actually Greg, I took offense to your posting as well. Most of us soda collectors have point-of-sale merchandise in our collections, so don't bother "trying to protect" us. I've been given lots of various POS stuff from both Pepsi and Coke reps in the past (GIVEN - as in for no charge) - and as for them losing millions of dollars of POS due to theft, I highly doubt it.

Convenience store retailers are often given POS stuff once a particular promotion is over - because really, what would the rep do with it at the end of a promotion anyway? Some of it ends up in the recycling bin, and some of it in the hands of collectors. To most people, this POS stuff is worthless - and as far as collectors are concerned, it's unlikely that ANY soda company would come after someone for having a POS sign worth about $2, regardless of how they obtained it.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Wonkapete, I'd love to see the pics too! I'm sure they're great!

greg
04-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Actually Greg, I took offense to your posting as well. Most of us soda collectors have point-of-sale merchandise in our collections, so don't bother "trying to protect" us. I've been given lots of various POS stuff from both Pepsi and Coke reps in the past (GIVEN - as in for no charge) - and as for them losing millions of dollars of POS due to theft, I highly doubt it.

Convenience store retailers are often given POS stuff once a particular promotion is over - because really, what would the rep do with it at the end of a promotion anyway? Some of it ends up in the recycling bin, and some of it in the hands of collectors. To most people, this POS stuff is worthless - and as far as collectors are concerned, it's unlikely that ANY soda company would come after someone for having a POS sign worth about $2, regardless of how they obtained it.

Forgive me for trying to help someone.
If you saw the pictures you would have noticed that one of the PEPSI Fountains looked beter than most I see at restaurants or in my local grocery stores deli section. (woth considerably mor ethan $2)
The outdoor broadcasters that were pictured also looked to be still very useful.
I wasn't calling anyone a thief or a cheat.If you felt offended that is not my problem.
I can not please everyone all the time but I can do my best to take the time to let someone know if I think perhaps they may have situation on their hands.
My point, and if you guys would like to go back and read my post was to be careful about what you put out there. As I said, and perhaps not very clearly was/is: There are many leading industry personel that use this site but never ever make a post. They just simply sit back and read what is going on. These guys do not post for the simple reason of who they are and who they work for.

I have been in the beverage business many years and nothing pisses off distributors/manufactires more than to see their POS and other valuable merchandise used in a manner that is inconsistent with its intended purpose.

It is obvious that WonkaPete has collected a lot of great stuff over the years and I'm sure it was purchased, not stolen.. However, just because you paid "John" for it doesn't necessarily give you ownership. All Machines, Fountains, POS, etc is the property of the manufacturer and distributor.
Again, I was offering advice to be be careful.

fusion
04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
I've seen contracts for vending machines, fountains, and for coolers.. but never for POS. I've thrown away plenty of POS over the years, as well as I have seen various store employees throw it away as well. Once the stuff is placed in an account, the account is free to do with it as they please.

I have seen plenty of the stuff for sale on Ebay as well (along with tons and tons of bottler-distributed coupons).. something I would never do, personally.

greg
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I've seen contracts for vending machines, fountains, and for coolers.. but never for POS. I've thrown away plenty of POS over the years, as well as I have seen various store employees throw it away as well. Once the stuff is placed in an account, the account is free to do with it as they please.

I have seen plenty of the stuff for sale on Ebay as well (along with tons and tons of bottler-distributed coupons).. something I would never do, personally.

When I use the term POS I am not only referring to corrugated/paper material.
POS Also includes but is not limited to outdoor Broadcasters that can cost as much as $100.Racks, Dump Bins,Coolers, Ice Chest, etc, anything that helps sell merchandise is considered POS material, or at least that is my understanding. Furthermore, the merchandise he had included new looking fountain machines.

da987
04-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I have to agree, what the hell would Coke or Pepsi do with a vending machine or cooler that had their old logos on it? They spend millions of dollars updating their logos and images, they wouldn't want a warehouse full of old machines.

Where I live in England there is a convenience store that has left their old Coke cooler on it's side, outside on a bit of waste ground to rot. I'm sure if anyone at Coke thought they may be able to save the company $50 by salvaging it, they would have done it 2 years ago when it was dumped there.

I too am like Wonkapete, I have a collection of Coca-Cola memorabilia that I have amassed over the past 22 years. Including lots of POS items. Most of it I got from Coke's head office when I visited it on numurous occasions. I was taken in to the basement and shown loads of stuff, I was simply asked "have you got this?" or "do you need one of these?" and was just given it. I could only just see out of the car windows on my way home as it was almost overflowing. Some items are worth lots of money to produce. I am sure that people at Coke know that as long as the collector is happy, they will always buy their product. I buy lots of Diet Coke if they produce new cans here. I don't always drink all of it. Most of it gets poured down the drain.

DGibb
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I love seeing people's awesome collections because I know I won't be able to afford one myself. The closest I got to one at one point was a friend of mine who got that Breakmate and had a bunch of POS cardboard stuff from Coke. I've always wanted a fountain in my home, and I plan on getting one when I get a basement. That's going to be my bar and game room, by the way.

BottleBoss
04-12-2007, 06:31 PM
When I read gregs posts I did not get the impression he was trying to be rude. I would like to see the pictures too wonkapete. I always enjoy looking at the pictures you post. Keep it up, please.