PDA

View Full Version : Howling Monkey Energy Drink

RKSTAR Guava fan
04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
I havent seen any info on this drink here so thought I'd post. This is an energy cola and it actually tastes exactly like Pepsi, but a bit watered down as it contains a little less sugar.

As far as energy drinks go, it packs a better than average kick as i felt a boost for nearly 6 hours.

It comes in a regular and diet cola, and there is also an elixir version both regular and diet as well. I have yet to try this.

website is howlingmonkey.com but not much info there

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I had the elixer one a few months ago, and all i thought of it was Meh. It wasnt horrible, but it wasnt a really good drink either, IMO.

illusionh20
04-15-2007, 05:59 PM
As far as energy drinks go, it packs a better than average kick as i felt a boost for nearly 6 hours.

How does one measure this so called boost? Could you please explain?

:confused:

rackitup
04-16-2007, 03:16 AM
I have seen the new drink in a lot of C-Stores in OR, they are doing a great job getting distribution.

I think there are 6 flavors, I was told that @ 1 of the C-Stores, BUT I looked for a couple of minutes and could find four, regular and sugar free of an E-Drink and a cola.

I purchased the regular E-Drink, and the regular Cola, I put the cold can of cola on ice and it tasted like water and RC.

A couple days later I put a chilled monkey E-Drink on ice and the same result, a below average can of water with some kind of energy drink.

I would have tried a third can and simply drank it cold out of the can like most people, BUT honestly the first two cans on ice did not give me much hope, if I had poured warm cans on ice I could understand but no thanks.

They put a white sticker about 1"X3" half stuck by the price that warns high energy, and of course the can does not say how much caffeine or energy it has.
The two I drank did not give me any energy, I would say less than full throttle.

The cans look simmilar the main colors are red, and blue, it is hard to tell which one is an e drink and wich one is a cola.

RKSTAR Guava fan
04-16-2007, 12:59 PM
How does one measure this so called boost? Could you please explain?

:confused:

Just your typical caffeine "buzz" or energy boost but it seemed to stick with me longer than other energy drinks I have tried. I agree with the other post though as far as taste goes it is below average. I have yet to try the elixir version but plan on doing so soon.

RJWDOLFINS
04-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Why,over ice, its good ,its a cola it give me a caffeine "buzz" ?