PDA

View Full Version : Save Cocaine Energy Drink - New Slogan Needed

illusionh20
04-16-2007, 10:48 PM
"The Cool Alternative"

"Liquid High"

:confused:

We need your help!

If you want to save Cocaine Energy Drink, please send an email to savecocaine@ced2U.com telling us that you know our drink is not a drug and that you know that it is not intended to get you high (which it is not). It is an energy drink like all of the other energy drinks.

If you want to keep Cocaine Energy Drink on the market we need your support.

Please take note that the phrase "The Legal Alternative" is used to convey the message that our energy drink is an alternative way to be "cool" without having to do illegal drugs or get high. We do not advocate drug use; that would not be responsible.

If you do not want to keep Cocaine Energy Drink on the market send us an email too. We have always been fair; having posted both bad press and good press (among other things) on our website. All emails will be read and considered.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Jamey Kirby
Senior Partner/Founder
Redux beverages, LLC
The Cocaine Energy Drink - DrinkCocaine.com (http://www.drinkcocaine.com)

fusion
04-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Personally, I feel this message has no place on this board.

They chose to name the drink after an illegal drug, so they also chose the consequences of that decision. Pretty cut and dry.

Just another product using shock value to sell it.. those types of things come and go every day.

illusionh20
04-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Personally, I feel this message has no place on this board.

They chose to name the drink after an illegal drug, so they also chose the consequences of that decision. Pretty cut and dry.

Just another product using shock value to sell it.. those types of things come and go every day.

What happened to free speech?

I am reporting the message and if they change the slogan to something more appropriate I think it will conform to the law, hence my two suggestions.

consequences of that decision

Which is the slogan running foul of the law, not the actual name of the product. I am not a lawyer but I do believe that you can use a name from an illegal substance or an illegal act.

For example is it Legal to be a "PIMP" in the USA. Is the law in the US that gray when it comes to trademarks and branding. :confused:

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-17-2007, 12:05 AM
its discontinued already?

illusionh20
04-17-2007, 12:14 AM
its discontinued already?

Extract: (http://www.bevnet.com/news/2007/04-12-2007-Cocaine_Energy_FDA.asp)

is being marketed as "The Legal Alternative" to the illegal drug, according to its Web site. Its logo appears to be spelled out in a white powder that resembles the drug.

The Food and Drug Administration said Redux Beverages LLC is illegally marketing the drink as both a street drug alternative and a dietary supplement, according to a warning letter dated April 4 but publicly released Wednesday. The FDA cites as evidence the drink's own labeling and Web site, which include the statements "Speed in a Can," "Liquid Cocaine" and "Cocaine — Instant Rush," according to the letter.

You cannot market it as the legal alternative to an illegal substance, the logo needs to be modified and it cannot be marketed as a dietary supplement. As for the trademark of the name they face a battle with an objection.

In short they better "Pimp" current stocks fast!

fusion
04-18-2007, 12:37 AM
This is a message board - no such thing as free speech. The folks at Bevnet are free to pull any posts they want for any reason.

I said I felt it doesn't belong here because I don't think it even warrants taking up space, or being brought up for discussion. The company is simply paying the price for the name and the marketing campaign they chose.

Soda-MN-Good
04-18-2007, 01:32 AM
As I see it, this is a "beverage blog" so if anyone feels passionate enough about a product to want to help "save" it, more power to them.

Yes, the name is risque, but at the same time, it sells, whether you like it or not, it's marketing genius at it's best.

In the 1930's the word "humbug" was just as bad as saying f***. Now you say it and you think of Christmas.

Maybe many years from now, the same will go for most drugs, heck, in my lifetime eggs have been bad for me, then good for me, then better. Now chocolate is good for you, who knows, maybe Cocaine cures cancer....ok, we won't go that far, but really, it's a post from a person passionate about their beverage, why knock them?

To me, you sound like the typical "grandfather"..."Back in my day, we wouldn't talk about that, blah blah blah....

People have been riding the line for years, did you complain when "SumPoosie" came on the market? Or did you want some to maybe...I don't know..fill a void...lol

fusion
04-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Hardly! I am half the age of a senior citizen, and I am certainly not a prude.

There were plenty of posts about sumpoosie on this board back when it came out and their people started posting here. I do believe I commented on them.

A blog is something written by one person, and commented on (sometimes) by others. This is a message board where different members create postings and then others perhaps reply to them. Sort of a slowed-down discussion.

Troy The Vault Drinker
04-18-2007, 01:49 AM
yeah well.. this one time i drank a dr.pepper

Mr Zabe
04-18-2007, 02:58 AM
My two cents.
Fusion's previous two posts are 100% correct. PERIOD!!!!
This fine message board is not in no way a blog.
Bevnet owns this board and all the content on this board.
We post freely with the implicit permission of Bevnet.
Bevnet moderates this board and is the sole judge of
content of the threads and posts.

Short and sweet this message board is a privilege to participate
on and not a right to participate on.

illusionh20
04-18-2007, 02:08 PM
My two cents.
Fusion's previous two posts are 100% correct. PERIOD!!!!
This fine message board is not in no way a blog.
Bevnet owns this board and all the content on this board.
We post freely with the implicit permission of Bevnet.
Bevnet moderates this board and is the sole judge of
content of the threads and posts.

Short and sweet this message board is a privilege to participate
on and not a right to participate on.

I agree it is a privilege :), without it "coke bashing" would not take place (please see bevnet's own blog). As for discussing a particular brand name I think many people have acknowledged your feelings on the matter. As for jdavies77 opinion on moral and ethical brand names, you have to respect his opinions.

Soda-MN-Good
04-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Sorry about the age joke, just thought I'd add a little humor to the posts.
No need to get your diapers in a bunch...oops, did it again.

Seriously though, my true feelings are Cocaine could be off the shelves tomorrow and it wouldn't effect my day whatsoever, I only deal in glass bottles and although it's pretty effective "in your face" advertising. It's a little too border line for me.

I'll just stick to my liquid heroin. I'll market it as Hero-in a can, maybe have some guy in a suit and cape with his teeth missing and.....

No, better yet, Jane juice, the same high, minus the munchies....

Ecstacy energy drink, it's extratasty...(Warning: 1960's flashbacks may occur, unless you were born in the 70's, then you're screwed)

illusionh20
04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Attorney General Richard Blumenthal announced today that he has demanded a beverage company immediately stop selling its purported energy drink "Cocaine" in Connecticut - or face prompt legal action. In a letter to Redux Beverages, LLC, Blumenthal said the "Cocaine" energy drink dangerously glamorizes drug use. Blumenthal announced this action at a press conference today with Hartford Mayor Eddie A. Perez and citizens who are outraged by the sale of this drink, particularly targeting inner city neighborhoods.
In a parallel action, the Food and Drug Administration has notified the company that this drink is illegally marketed as a street drug alternative and a dietary supplement.
In a letter sent Monday, Blumenthal asked Redux Beverages to notify his office within 10 days that all sales of this product have ceased to Connecticut residents and stores. He has also asked for any marketing materials the company used in the state, and details about how many cans have been sold in Connecticut.
"Naming this product 'Cocaine' is an insult to anyone seeking to deter and discourage illegal drug use," Blumenthal said. "As a parent, I was outraged to learn this drink is sold in stores across the state, particularly targeting high-crime inner city neighborhoods, contributing to an aura and mystique surrounding illegal drug use, especially for children.
"Packaging and promoting a product with drug slang unconscionably makes drug use cool. It is irresponsible and reprehensible marketing - dangerously glamorizing illicit drug use and making this drink a gateway to drugs. The effect is to verbally trample or obscure the true, hard lessons about cocaine - for profit.
"I will continue to support a total ban on these types of gateway products as a valid public health measure."

Gee this is hotting up, I agree with the FDA rulings but banning a name that is named after an illegal substance???? So how many other products are named after an illegal substance, how about an abbreviation? Anyone fancy a coke? :confused: Nope I will have a Pepsi instead!!!! :p

fusion
04-18-2007, 10:57 PM
You obviously have no idea of the grip that drugs have on some inner cities. This goes far beyond anything you may read about online.

Mr Zabe
04-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Big time DITTO!!!!!
The scourge of meth and crack reaches to all people in this country,
rich and poor. Young kids ( ages 12 on up) are smoking pot witch for many
kids is a gateway drug. Drug abuse and drug addiction to hard drugs is big
(costly societal) problem in this country.

illusionh20
04-18-2007, 11:49 PM
You obviously have no idea of the grip that drugs have on some inner cities. This goes far beyond anything you may read about online.

Have we met in person?

illusionh20
04-19-2007, 12:31 AM
It is also called "speed" here in OZ! We have a big problem here in Australia, our doctors in Emergency rooms and police are saying it worse than cocaine and heroin addiction.

Funny how you can sell "Speed" Energy Drink in Australia.

http://www.data-zoid.com/images/ebr/ebr_speed_can.jpg
arg (http://www.data-zoid.com)

[quote]I saw this ad on TV last night too. I think it's ridiculous that an energy drink, especially portrayed in the way it was with the club-like scene and music, should be allowed to be named "speed". did anyone else think this? It really seems to give the impression that taking speed should be condoned and that speed should be taken whilst drinking in clubs. I'm not a complete prude, but i don't think ads like this should be shown. Give me your feedback. ???inthemix.com.au: australian dance music | news | reviews | photos | forums | chat | what's on | (http://www.inthemix.com.au)

See no claims it is the "legal alternative".

greg
04-19-2007, 02:04 PM
It is also called "speed" here in OZ! We have a big problem here in Australia, our doctors in Emergency rooms and police are saying it worse than cocaine and heroin addiction.

Funny how you can sell "Speed" Energy Drink in Australia.

http://www.data-zoid.com/images/ebr/ebr_speed_can.jpg
arg (http://www.data-zoid.com)

inthemix.com.au: australian dance music | news | reviews | photos | forums | chat | what's on | (http://www.inthemix.com.au)

See no claims it is the "legal alternative".

You can't compare a drink name from Australia to one in the United States. Laws governing such tradenames are different in each country.

Furthermore, There is a law that dictates what a product may or not be named. We have discussed about "Cocaine Energy Drink" before on this board. I have no idea why the FDA did n't say anything about the name. Perhaps they are using their weapons sparingly so as to weaken Redux instead of hitting them all at once and creating a "go, no go" type of lawsuit.
Pertaining to SPEED. There are drinks out there named -----Speed or somthing to that effect here in the States, but usually they have seperate connotations, slightly, while still being close enough for the consumer to understand the meaning.

illusionh20
04-19-2007, 03:02 PM
There is a law that dictates what a product may or not be named.

Have you got the link to that information, Thanks.

greg
04-19-2007, 05:44 PM

Sorry I do not have a link. My legal department at the company I work for has done the research on such tradenames and I trust them completely. In the course of product development and in the tiresome frustrating process of coming up with a name of a new product there are many things "thrown against the wall to see if they stick", that is one aspect of what I do, furthermore, the industry I work in always has products that are close to, but not exactly the same, in name as illegal drugs here in the States(Sports Supplements).

It is a social contract in my opinion, moreso than following the law when it comes to responsible marketing and tradenames.

illusionh20
04-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the feedback, here is a good article by a doctor on social marketing of questionable brand names, including cocaine.

Link Dr. Ellen E. Vachon (http://www.evtrainings.com/Special%20Alert.htm)

CStoreCatMan
04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
In my opinion, the bottom line is this: Redux Beverages created a questionable product and knew it. The owner of the company admitted that the drink is pushing the line and that their slogan was meant to be "tongue in cheek." However, the simple fact is that Redux took a RISK when they created this product. It could have been huge and it could have gone the way it is now going. Unfortunately for them, the risk was too great and they are now under the fire of the public and the government alike (for good reason I might add). I don't think the brand needs a new slogan...I think it needs to disappear. My humble two cents.

CrimsonWithFury
05-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I heard about this drink on the news yesterday. Texas has put a restraining order on the drink halting all Texas marketing and distribution of the drink. according to the news they even confiscated it off the shelves. It is all locked up in a warehouse by the request Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott. So as of today it doesn't suppose to be on the shelves or to be sold. The drink is more then likely going to get ban out of Texas.

I personally don't think it was to smart naming it cocaine. I wasn't to impressed nor did I find it cool.

I think it is to late to name change it. However I do not know why they just didn't go ahead and call it Lava since I have heard that those who experience the drink had a hot taste or a burning sensation to it. Better yet Hot Lava "feel the burn":eek:

David J.
05-06-2007, 01:40 PM
And here I never even saw the damn product. How limited was the distro?

illusionh20
05-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I heard Version 2 is going to make the regulators happy, so I guess it has survived.

illusionh20
05-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Update:

'Cocaine' energy drink to change name after pressure by 'the man'

PhysOrg.com: latest science and technology news (http://physorg.com)

iol.co.za (http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=31&art_id=nw20070508221104250C786698)

fusion
05-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Here's a direct link to the article:

'Cocaine' energy drink to change name after pressure by 'the man' (http://www.physorg.com/news97868571.html)

illusionh20
05-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Here's a direct link to the article:

'Cocaine' energy drink to change name after pressure by 'the man' (http://www.physorg.com/news97868571.html)

Thanks Fusion, looks like my post did not parse correctly this time with the links. :rolleyes:

POP
05-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Censored Energy.

illusionh20
05-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Censored Energy.

Blow me @

savecocaineenergydrink.com: save cocaine energy drink freedom (http://www.savecocaineenergydrink.com/)

it is your right to call it what you want. this is bigger than just this drink!

energy
05-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Cocaine energy needs to GO.

They push it as a "legal drug" at rap shows ,marketing is a bit to much from what I have seen. I saw a couple litttle kids drinking it and pretending to stumble around at a show.

I have a case,keychains,etc... for my collection as I knew it was doomed from the start.

POP
05-14-2007, 03:47 AM
Blow me...

Blow you away.

greg
05-14-2007, 09:34 AM

No link but here is a quote.

"Street drug alternatives, i.e., products that claim to mimic the effects of recreational drugs, are not intended to supplement the diet and, as a result, cannot lawfully be marketed as dietary supplements," states FDA's April 4 warning letter addressed to Redux partner James Kirby.

illusionh20
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Cocaine has been re-named “Censored.” (http://savecocaineenergydrink.com/its-official-reduxs-cocaine-is-now-censored/)

Soda-MN-Good
05-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Great, one down, now all the other drug named beverages will be topling one by one....Blow...Krank'd....I'm sure this could go on for awhile....

Next we should go after the candy Mary Jane....and Sex Kola...and Sum Poosie...and....liquid Ice, since ice is crack...

Mr Zabe
05-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Great, one down, now all the other drug named beverages will be topling one by one....Blow...Krank'd....I'm sure this could go on for awhile....

Next we should go after the candy Mary Jane....and Sex Kola...and Sum Poosie...and....liquid Ice, since ice is crack...
LOL....We spent close to a whole year bantering about the Sum Poosie ED.
After much heated debate we all agreed that SP tastes great but the name was slightly offensive. Recently SP's name was changed to Sum Poosie Cat. All parties involved were able to work out a good out come.

illusionh20
05-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Blow you away.

Blow your nose????????????????:confused:

illusionh20
05-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Of course, the caffeine content is also a tough-guy thing. We know it's dangerous, that it causes cardiac arrhythmia. The more pulse-pumping gallons of caffeine, the tougher we think we are. Appropriately (or not), SoBe No Fear calls itself "the toughest can on the shelf."

That leads us to the real genius of Cocaine's marketing: Caffeine is a drug, and we know that. We like to play with the idea of getting high, getting a crash and getting addicted. We like the fact that caffeine is harmful, just as we like the idea that cigarettes and alcohol are harmful. Drinking energy drinks is our own "live fast, die young" - we say, "I'll sleep when I'm dead."

So calling an energy drink Cocaine was really brilliant. It represents the inevitable perfection of the formula of wild glamour, chemical danger and hypnotic drugginess that makes energy drinks as popular as they are today.

Full Article (http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2006/09/29/Opinions/Energy.Drinks.Taste.The.Hype-2316929.shtml?refsource=collegeheadlines)

Sophomore Lillie Kilburn (psychology major) analysis.

POP
05-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Blow your nose????????????????:confused:

Whatever floats your boat chief.

greg
05-18-2007, 05:09 PM

Mary Jane has been around longer than most people on this board have been alive. The candy is definetly not named or has any connotation concerning mariluana.

Sex Kola doesn't bother me. Sex is a natural instinct given to all species. Make of it what you will.

deepnenergy
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
The fact is they used a branding that is not excepted at all, unless you are a "tweaker" or a "coke head" or some dumb KID that thinks they are cool drinking some "Cocaine". How nice it would feel to find out that some kid went from the drink to the real thing, or are you numb to the thought. I know that there are a number of EDs trying to do this but None of them came strait out with it.

I do believe these guys have big guts launching something that is so frowned on.

IMO, I would be looking for the owner if I seen my 15 yr old coming home with one and it would not have been a good meeting, as a Father.

QUESTION: Does the owner of this drink have children and if so would you let your kids drink "Cocaine"???

SumPoosieCat
05-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Fusion as you often are... you are right on!!! Jamey Kirby your product is not cute, funny, or cool. Its just a bad idea let it go.

manykats
05-27-2007, 05:31 PM
worst tasting stuff i've ever tasted

Naifilis
06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
It's funny how everyone blames someone for trying to make money. Do you expect the people making this drink to just go "Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't know it would offend you, let me take it off the market and go back to being broke and unknown."

This is just a great marketing ploy and the FDA and news sources are blowing it up for free. If everyone would use their brain for about three seconds they'd find that it's humorous and about as harmful as 'Pimp Juice'. Now when Cocaine changes its name over, most everyone will have heard of the drink and they didn't have to spend a dime on advertising.

I also believe that anyone with two brain cells left in their head, even children, know that it is just a name and not in anyway attached to or like the drug. However, most people seem to be of the mind to shout first about how dumb our children are and how little they know and how a simple name will make the go out and smoke crack the next day.

Seriously all I ask is for you to think for a moment. When you were a kid, would you drink a drink named after a drug and then go take that drug because you liked the drink? If your answer is yes, then you have probably already, or are still doing drugs.

SumPoosieCat
06-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Lol... stop it...lol... your killing me....lol....

illusionh20
06-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Las Vegas-based drinks maker Redux Beverages has revealed that its energy drink Cocaine will take on a new name, or rather a lack thereof, by inviting consumers to offer their own title. The company, which appears to thrive on controversial news coverage following the recent challenge from the FDA for a breach of regulations, will soon allow its users to individually decide what they want the drink to be called.

The new packaging will feature a white "billboard" and copy ("Insert Name Here") encouraging the user to name it, write on it and brand it. In addition Redux will produce a line of stickers, presented via new in-store displays, to be placed on the cans as an alternative. Some sticker examples are "Banned by The Man," "Screwed" and "Censored." An ongoing naming challenge on the website will also be part of the effort.

Redux said the impetus for the name change came from political threats from the FDA and several state attorneys general. In May, Redux announced the new name was going to be Censored, but later decided to go a different route, "one that was a lot more fun and engaging" said Redux founder Jamey Kirby.

Mr Kirby went on to say: "People are tired of all the expected, fake and silly testosterone-fueled, balls-to-the wall goofy names out there. We saw this as an opportunity to put the name of the drink in the hands of the user. Let them decide what they want to call it. We felt this was the best way to maintain the rebellious and fun spirit that the Cocaine brand is."

name it, write on it and brand it

"Insert Name Here"

Example 1.

"Save Cocaine Energy Drink"

Example 2.

"www.savecocaineenergydrink.com"

Brilliant concept bringing web 2.0 to the energy drink category... :cool:

Ron Swedelson
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Don't make comparisons to other brands, especialy when they are not on the same level. Pimp Juice, while maybe not a name used in church, was from a song. Born from pop culture, known in the urban market, and spread because it was a funny sounding name for a drink. Does anything a Pimp is the way to live your life? No. Does anyone think if you drink a Pimp Juice you will turn into a pimp? No. Cocaine is different. You hear that word, you think of Scarface, you think of Escobar, Traffic, Miami Drug wars, hard core drugs. You get these pre-teens and teenagers who drink Cocaine, and get these great rushes. Who's to say its not a huge leap for them to think "If I feel this good from this drink, what about the real thing". Are they stupid? Yes. But its an unfortunate reality. You are not even playing on a word, you are using negligence to capitolize on what we all know Cocaine is.

Naifilis
06-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Don't make comparisons to other brands, especialy when they are not on the same level. Pimp Juice, while maybe not a name used in church, was from a song. Born from pop culture, known in the urban market, and spread because it was a funny sounding name for a drink.

Let's not use facts and examples in our argument. Yes, let us instead replace facts with supposition and assumptions.

If anyone is dumb enough to drink Cocaine and then go out and try the drug then there are more problems than any company is responsible for. The logic for 'I drank an energy drink named Cocaine and liked it, therefore, there are no problems with taking an the illegal drug by the same name' is the same as saying 'A company called Puma makes shoes, therefore, they make their shoes out of pumas' or better yet 'McDonalds made me fat because I ate their food too much.'

By the way, "Cocaine, while maybe not a name used in church, was from a song. Born from pop culture, known in the urban market, and spread because it was a funny sounding name for a drink." is just as true as "Pimp Juice, while maybe not a name used in church, was from a song. Born from pop culture, known in the urban market, and spread because it was a funny sounding name for a drink."

deepnenergy
06-21-2007, 02:34 AM
It's funny how everyone blames someone for trying to make money. Do you expect the people making this drink to just go "Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't know it would offend you, let me take it off the market and go back to being broke and unknown."

This is just a great marketing ploy and the FDA and news sources are blowing it up for free. If everyone would use their brain for about three seconds they'd find that it's humorous and about as harmful as 'Pimp Juice'. Now when Cocaine changes its name over, most everyone will have heard of the drink and they didn't have to spend a dime on advertising.

I also believe that anyone with two brain cells left in their head, even children, know that it is just a name and not in anyway attached to or like the drug. However, most people seem to be of the mind to shout first about how dumb our children are and how little they know and how a simple name will make the go out and smoke crack the next day.

Seriously all I ask is for you to think for a moment. When you were a kid, would you drink a drink named after a drug and then go take that drug because you liked the drink? If your answer is yes, then you have probably already, or are still doing drugs.

Hearing this I believe you must be somewhat young and not know that at one time it would be unheard of that a company would try and build a brand named after something that has hurt so many people...I mean if you want to do that let's call it Meth or Crystal in a can or you can really hit them with "CRACK" ...."Not just in the ghetto any more." would that be cool for you??? Making money is a good thing but don't throw that out there as a good reason. And as far as the new label thing I think you better not tell anyone because it really was not the FDA that kicked you out ...It was the {PEOPLE AND THE STORE OWNERS, why would they all the sudden like the company because they made a new label that "keeps the rebellious fun going" Quote from earlier post. Sounds like they are mocking the stores that DC them. And please don't claim to be from Vegas it hurts my feelings knowing that might have came from my home town....you know how we like to keep a good name at home...

so I will put it out first , don't try to comeback with the Coke Cola thing I'm not that old and that brand was launched way before anyone new the real about the drug and Coke was made with Coco leaf added from what I've learned but it changed quickly as soon as it was revealed.

illusionh20
06-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Coke was made with Coco leaf added from what I've learned but it changed quickly as soon as it was revealed.

hmmm are you sure that Coca cola does not use the coco leaf in any way for the formula?

illusionh20
07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Any this is acceptable!

The world of fashion is always pushing the boundaries. A year ago, it was all about porn when French Fashion label Shai shot hard core flick with their clothes (http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/french-fashion-label-uses-hardcore-porn) dangling on the edge of the bed. Now, it’s moved on to another fashion industry vice, cocaine. Sisley’s latest ad by Zoo Advertising in Shanghai, features models snorting a dress.

http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/8076_5_230.jpeg

deepnenergy
07-17-2007, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=illusionh20;356231]Any this is acceptable!

http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/8076_5_230.jpeg
[/QUOTE

I don't think they would air that in the US just like they didn't allow this drink to fly...

deepnenergy
07-17-2007, 01:06 PM
hmmm are you sure that Coca cola does not use the coco leaf in any way for the formula?

Well bro, where you at in AU... anything is possible. I do not believe they use it in the US but they don't use cane sugar in the US.

so....good question.

spencercoke
07-18-2007, 10:02 AM

Yes. They have never used the Coco leaf. Wrong plant.

Now the COCA plant/leaf... that is a different story.

Btw cocaine does have medicinal uses as a local analgesic, often times for face surgeries.

on topic: Cocaine is a poor choice and everyone knows it would not last. Proof: it's changing!

Benetton Group
07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Statement on a fake Sisley campaign

20 July, 2007

In the recent days, images which are told to be part of the new Sisley advertising campaign have been published in internet.

One of these images shows some girls "sniffing a vest". The allusion to drugs and alcohol is more than clear. We would like to clearly state that the Sisley brand (and the Benetton company) has nothing to do with these images and therefore we refuse to be linked with them.

Please also note that these images infringe Benetton's rights in the Sisley trademark. Our Legal Department has therefore been retained to take all advisable actions to protect the company's rights and interests.

The next Sisley campaign will instead have a very special testimonial, Stephanie Seymour, worldwide recognized as an icon of fashion and beauty.

For further information: paoletti@sisley.com

The Sisley Spirit Fall Winter 2006 (http://www.sisley.com)
www.benettongroup.com/press
Benetton Group (http://www.benettonpress.mobi)