PDA

View Full Version : Toronto this weekend! What should I expect to find in common places?

PSOmasterX77
04-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Well many of you probably have read SOMETHING about my Niagara Falls trip and how I found next to nothing interesting soda-wise. This weekend I'm taking a trip up to Toronto. I won't be able to really search for anything, but vending machine-wise, and I'm going to Eaton Centre, what should I expect to find different from NY? I'm really really hoping Caffeine Free Mtn. Dew is more abundant there, mainly in vending machines. Anyone know? Thanks

drpep
04-17-2007, 08:37 PM
There is a grocery store (Dominion?) somewhere in the Eaton Centre. Hop on the subway for a few stops and pop up to street level and you should find drug stores and small grocery stores on Yonge Street. Heck skip the subway and just walk north on Yonge to Bloor, there are several small c-stores along the street.

popologist
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
toronto is great! it's very clean, civilized, cultural, etc. you'll find lots to do just walking around the city.

There is a grocery store (Dominion?) somewhere in the Eaton Centre. Hop on the subway for a few stops and pop up to street level and you should find drug stores and small grocery stores on Yonge Street. Heck skip the subway and just walk north on Yonge to Bloor, there are several small c-stores along the street.

Lepke
04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
? I'm really really hoping Caffeine Free Mtn. Dew is more abundant there, mainly in vending machines. Anyone know? Thanks

Caffeine free mountain dew?
Thatís like taking a shower while wearing a raincoat.

SamC
04-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Any MD you find in Canada is caf. free, because that is all they allow.

Mostly you will be limited to seeing bi-lingual English-French packaging and like that, other than that its just like and northeaster/midwestern city in the USA.

It is a lovely city. Clean and well organized.

fusion
04-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Don't forget about Far Coast, Coke's coffee shop.

Far Coast (http://farcoast.com/toronto/index.html)

95A Bloor St. W.
Toronto ON
M5S 1M1

In Bloor-Yorkville and near the University of Toronto.