PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Jeff Gordon 24 Energy Drink

rustyjo
04-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Hi all, long time no see. :P Good to see most of the familiar names once more.
Love the upgrade!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has seen and/or tried Pepsi's new Jeff Gordon 24 Energy Drink? Orange-Tangerine flavor. I'm hoping it has a nice flavor without being sicky sweet, bitter or watered down.
It's just been released to "select cities" and will go national in mid-May....for a limited time. Limited time...BULL! Only if it doesn't sell! lol
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would pull a product if it was a hit. Even a big guy like Pepsi.
If you try it, let us know what ya' think.

Mr Zabe
04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
I saw Jeff Gordon drinking a can before last night's race.
He made a point of keeping the lable front and center. LOL

fusion
04-22-2007, 12:35 AM
from an Ebay auction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/gordonenergy.jpg

rustyjo
04-22-2007, 09:16 AM
I saw Jeff Gordon drinking a can before last night's race.
He made a point of keeping the lable front and center. LOL
That's where I saw it too. He does do a good job for his sponsor! lol
I found it on ebay too, thank you Fusion!
When the pr said 'select cities' I was curious as to where is was showing up first. Living in the boonies of the UP of MI, it's not coming here anytime soon!
At least the can looks cool and would look good on the shelf in our bar. :D

BriGuy20
04-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I wonder if they're just repackaging the SoBe Essential Energy Orange flavor.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-22-2007, 12:03 PM
from an Ebay auction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/gordonenergy.jpg
The 'Limited Edition' Font looks like the 'Tall boy' and 'Big Rig' fonts on AMP energy.

zne0
04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
it does taste more like sobe essentials...pepsi hasn't had much sucess with those two packeges but I have seen some but not alot of movement i think its more of collectors item not to many Gordon Fans are picking this one up. it rolled out in california I say 2 weeks ago.

rustyjo
04-24-2007, 07:19 PM
SoBe repackaged, eh? Thanks for the info!

SoBe Colorado
04-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Actually, this product is NOT Essentials repackaged. The flavor and product ingredients are much different. Have any questions...let me know. It's out in San Francisco and in NASCAR race markets...will be release in Colorado May 7 or sooner.

rustyjo
04-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Actually, this product is NOT Essentials repackaged. The flavor and product ingredients are much different. Have any questions...let me know. It's out in San Francisco and in NASCAR race markets...will be release in Colorado May 7 or sooner.
Thank you, SoBe CO.

Hopefully with the national rollout in May it will actually get here (upper Michigan). I'm not holding my breath but hopeful.

mofizz
04-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Not even close to Essentials (which is pretty darn good for an ED if you ask me) but more of a tart tangerine flavor. I like it and would not be suprised if this forumula shows back up as permanant line extension for one of the Pepsi ED's.

amyers
05-02-2007, 01:42 AM
On the way to Columbus on the trucks right now.

pepsipimp
05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Essentials are doing very well here. Especially Berry Pom, I am going through about a case a day.

BriGuy20
05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Tried it, and I actually was fairly impressed. More of a tart flavor than SoBe Eseentials.

shaan91
05-27-2007, 11:32 PM
I didn't like this drink. Too sour