PDA

View Full Version : South of the boarder.....

Mr Zabe
04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I just picked up some real fresh Mexican Coca Cola 355ml glass and some
Jarritos Limo Lime??? I can't wait for it to cool down. They are both imported
from Mexico. The price was right, 69cents a bottle.
I have not tried Jarritos Limo Lime before, so I'm excited. :)

Soda-MN-Good
04-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I have on hand Jarrito's Mandarin (Mandarina), Strawberry (Fresa), Pineapple (Pina), Jamaica, Lime (Limon), Lemon Lime, Fruit Punch (Tuti Fruti), Guava (Guayaba), Toranga (Grapefruit), Mango, Watermelon (Sandia), Tamarind (Tamarindo)

Bottled in Mexico by Coke I have Orange Crush, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Fresca, Orange Fanta, Sprite and Inca Kola.

Other flavors bottled in Mexico would be Senorial Sangria, I've been told it has a mild wine taste minus the alcohol. Sidral Apple Mundet and green apple, Manzana, Tropical, Fiona, Barrilitos Pineapple and I also have some Boing in glass as well, Boing is more of a juice than a soda, that's in Tamarind, Mango, Guava, and Pineapple.

If you'd like to try any of these, let me know.

Also available in this post...a quick Spanish lesson on some well known fruits in Mexico.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
¡Buen Provecho MrZ.!

From all the sodas that jdavies77 mentioned, the Jarritos flavors I tried and that we have here is Jarritos Mandarin, Pineapple, Grapefruit, tamarind and Fruit Punch (all of them are bottled here by PBG). All the flavors are highly recommended!

Some updates, here in Mexico Orange Crush isn't bottled or distributed by the Coca-Cola bottlers, it's distributed by Cadbury-Schweppes, or probably is Crush from Colombia, where the brand is from The Coca-Cola Company; and Inca-Kola isn't from here, is from Peru, and I have a lot of curiosity to try it...

Sangria Señorial and Boing taste great too!, Sidral Mundet is a very loved brand here in Mexico, and in Mexico City and other states is bottled and distributed by Coca-Cola bottler Coca-Cola FEMSA, it's not one of my list, but a lot of people here like it... Barrilitos Pineapple is good too, but this brand has an uncertain future, Barrilitos doesn't have a great demand here, this brand is from Jugos del Valle company, and soon this company will be acquired by The Coca-Cola Company, so let's see if Coca-Cola maintains Barrilitos or they discontinue it...

Mr Zabe
04-23-2007, 04:33 AM
I just picked up some real fresh Mexican Coca Cola 355ml glass and some
Jarritos Limo Lime??? I can't wait for it to cool down. They are both imported
from Mexico. The price was right, 69cents a bottle.
I have not tried Jarritos Limo Lime before, so I'm excited. :)

I enjoyed the Jarritos Limo Lime. The carbonation is not as strong
as those of the Big Three but that was ok.
All in all it was more refreshing than Sprite and the old formula 7up.

Mr Zabe
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah,I know this has been posted many times......
Mexican glass Coke (sugar) is simply awesome!!!!!
There is nothing like it....IMO the all time best soda pop!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-23-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm totally agree!

BTW, now that we're on this topic about mexican sodas, here's an update:

PBG (Pepsi Bottling Group) Mexico dropped Seagram's Ginger Ale and Seagram's Club Soda, and now they're bottling and distributing in their territories Cadbury Schweppes' Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Club Soda... maybe they did that because of the Coca-Cola/Seagram's alliance...

fusion
04-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Today's finds:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/mundets.jpg

Sidral Mundet is fairly common, but this is the first time I've seen green.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/okeypeach.jpg

Okey Peach 600ml, bottled by Pepsi in Mexico City (if I am reading the bottle correctly).