PDA

View Full Version : The Thrill Of The Hunt

Lepke
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Passover is over for almost a month now but the goods are still out there somewhere.
There is plenty of Dr. Browns in 1-liter size in all the supermarkets that I frequent, they donít seem to move too fast. Next time I see them on sale I think Iíll get some black cherry. There doesnít seem to be any rush, the stores will still have it in the weeks to come.

KP Coke is mostly gone around here although I did see a full shelf of the goods in one store. When I say full shelf I mean the shelf theyíve allotted to 2 liter bottles of Coke witch is much smaller since they are pushing the liter and a half bottles.

But fear not Coca cola enthusiasts, if you care to track down a kosher supermarket you will most likely find the sugary goodness you seek. Kosher markets donít have the buying power of the big chains and donít get the deals the larger retailers get Coke also gives then high minimum orders that take a long time to sell through. You will probably have to pay full price. Since the people who shop at kosher stores also shop in their local supermarkets they save most of their soda purchases for where they can get it on sale.

Tonight I will be on the hunt for my personal favorite KP Pepsi. One of my local markets Stop and Shop has 2 liter Pepsi on sale 10 for $10.00. there are 5 stores in my area Iíll try to hit them all tonight. I should have gone this morning but I couldnít get away.

And thanks to brother Fusion I was able to check out the K mart circular online. Starting Sunday k mart is running a 10 for 10 on pepsi. Iím going to head back there tonight and pack the KP Pepsi to the back of a high shelf out of the way and get there early Sunday morning to snatch some up.

I get a kick out of hunting down my quarry and then moving in for the kill. My lovely wife limits the number of bottles I can bring home in one trip or I would just have bought a pallet during Passover.

If any of you are still hunting KP soda or any other hard to find soft drink then I wish you luck.

drpep
04-27-2007, 07:06 PM
The local Target still has plenty of Coke and Diet Pepsi.

fusion
04-27-2007, 07:40 PM
If you feel up to it, take a trip out I-78. Phillipsburg NJ will have Bethlehem-produced sucrose Coke - Coke NY sold off that territory going back before the CCE buyout of Coke NY. There's a Stop & Shop and a ShopRite both on 22 just off of 78 (there was an old Super Fresh further up, but I think that's been a big lots or some other similar store for quite a while now).

When I lived in Northern NJ, I would travel between MD and NJ quite a bit - I often went different ways just to see what was out there.

Lepke
04-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Drpep you should snap up some of that KP Coke while you can. Leave the diet crap there is no sugar in that anyway. If you’re not a coke drinker you could sell it on ebay. A couple of people are trying to sell KP coke on ebay for like $7.00 plus shipping. (What chutzpah) I know Zabe knows what that means but you the people who don’t chutzpah is a Yiddish word that means Gaul, nerve, balls, audacity ect.

Thanks for the tip fusion but I’m nor really a coke drinker. I drink it in a pinch when I can’t get Pepsi but it is not my drug of choice. And I-78 is a nice trip from here. Now if it was real sugar Pepsi then that would be a different story.

My hunt last night was not as fruitful as I’d hoped out of five stores only 1 had KP Pepsi and only one bottle. Funny but they also had one bottle of KP Coke. It wasn’t a total loss I did score one bottle.

I went to Kmart today and packed the last 18 bottles of KP Pepsi to the top shelf and off to one side behind bottles of regular Pepsi. The kid working the isle was happy to let me pack out the shelf. He was in the process when I showed up. The store opens at 8 am and I will be there to harvest the last of this seasons crop.

Again good hunting to all you hunters, whatever you are hunting.

Lepke
04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Got my 18 bottles yesterday. I guess that’s it for this Passover. At least for Pepsi, they still got coke in the kosher joints.

SplitLevelP
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
the 2007 passover hunt in utica,ny was pathetic! The only thing i found was a kp Dr Browns black cherry.

Lepke
05-01-2007, 11:43 PM
the 2007 passover hunt in utica,ny was pathetic! The only thing i found was a kp Dr Browns black cherry.
I’m sorry you couldn’t find anything other then Dr. Browns. I tried google-ing kosher markets in Utica but didn’t find any. If you can find a kosher supermarket somewhere they may still have some. Do you know of a town with an orthodox Jewish community?
I know there are large communities in Rockland county and I’m sure there must be a kosher market in buffalo or the Albany area, But other then that I guess you’ll have to wait till next year.

Good luck