PDA

View Full Version : dr. pepper and jones with sugar at walmart

bill
04-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I've been lurking in the forum for over a year and have finally registered so I could post my find.

Was at Walmart in Duncan, OK last night and they had I think 4 flavors of Jones Soda with pure cane sugar. These were out in the middle of the row, not with the regular soda. They had the following flavors:
Berry Lemonade, got it. It's alright, tastes more berry than lemonade and like the dry kool packages before it gets mixed up.
Cream Soda, got it but haven't tried it yet.
Kiwi, didn't get it.
Black Cherry, sugar free. I really wanted this flavor in a sugar variety.

Then I was back in the regular soda section and saw cans of Dr. Pepper with can sugar. They came in 16oz. cans in a 12-pack. They don't look like regular cans either. I'll post a pic of them and the Jones tonight when I get home.

710 flash
05-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Hi Bill,
Any chance you could pick me up a couple of 12 pks of the 16 oz DP cans w/cane sugar and send them to me..I know shipping is expensive..I am in Plainwell,MI 49080...Please let me know..

Thanks,
710 flash

Android
05-19-2007, 06:35 AM
The Jones I think is pretty widespread. I've seen it in every Walmart I've been in around WY and CO lately. I also saw it in a Super K-Mart - where they couple more flavors, like root beer, which I have not seen at Walmart.

amyers
05-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I'd like to get a 12pk or two too if anyone is willing to ship. I can trade as well, if you need anything up there that we have down here in Georgia.

chrisok
05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
You can find Dr. Pepper with cane sugar all over central and Southwest Oklahoma where Chickasha's RC/DP bottler is the distributor. Wal Mart's are the best bet though (and usually the cheapest). They have 8oz glass bottles and 12 oz cans as well. At the Wal Mart, 6 packs of the 12 oz. cans are under $2.00. Pretty sweet deal.

shadowlp06
05-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Could you ship some to Salt Lake City as well?
email me
shadowlp06@yahoo.com

bill
05-21-2007, 03:37 PM
I was talking to my mom a few days after I bought/posted this and she said they were gone. I went there this past weekend and they still didn't have any DP.

So to all those that want it, no I cannot ship it since I haven't been able to find it again.

About the Jones soda, they also had a strawberry flavor. I don't care much Jones Cream Soda. I don't know if I'm just used to A&W's Cream Soda or what.

fusion
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Jones should be in all Supercenters - they're going to be (or already have) reset the soda aisles, and moved the IBC & Crush into a premium soda section with the Jones 8pk cans and 6pk longnecks. I also saw WWE and Jones energy in the energy sections (and a tag for 8pk Monster, but none was there).

Terry K
05-27-2007, 03:14 AM
The Dr Pepper is the one I mentioned a month or so ago. I can still get it here. Brian at Sodafinder has it as well :)

Dobroplayer
05-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I was recently introduced to the Jones cane sugar drinks when I saw them at Wally World.

They had Creme Soda...LOVE it! Green Apple...Awesome! Melon...didnt care for it. And one other, cant remember what it was.

DP

The King
09-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I think I found the cans mentioned in this thread...at the .99 cent store here in So Cal.

They have an old logo, the Old Doc mascot, which is explained on the can as being the face of Dr. Pepper from 1920-1938. Under the Old Doc is a blue circle that says made with cane sugar in it.

I bought 12 cans (they were singles, but packed 12 to a box), and have one chilling in the fridge.

tallflip
09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I found some of this out here last week too. iI bought about 12 cans, went to several stores looking for them. Not all the $.99 cent stores have them. It's pretty much hit or miss. I found 1 that had about 30 or so yesterday. I'll probably go back there Monday. I'll try and post a pic too.

drpep
09-08-2007, 09:30 PM
The Dr Pepper in .99 cent stores must be just an LA thing, someone on flickr posted pictures of these found at a 99 cent store several weeks ago.