PDA

View Full Version : 1in3Trinity Energy Drink

Xopher
05-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I wasn’t sure whether to post this on the General Board, Energy Drinks, or Complaints & Rants (or to post it at all). The thing is, I just don’t get it. :confused: What is the point, or rather justification, of this drink being marketed as a “Christian Faith Based Energy Drink”? Now, one reviewer wrote “And, its not JUST About ‘Christian’, it simply is about a ‘positive’ message!” review (http://www.bevnet.com/members/reviews/viewreviews.asp?product_id=3629)

Well, okay, if it makes you feel good, each to his/her own, and I guess I should look for the log in my own eye before... Yet (while this is not the venue to enter into a religious discussion or debate) my initial reaction, speaking as a Christian, is to find this product insulting.:mad:

Check out the brand’s website at 1in3Trinity (www.1in3Trinity.com)

The “about the drink” link claims that it is “A special blend handed down from the flourishing vines and trees of the Holy Land ... Fused with ‘Fruit of the Spirit’” Puh-leese! Under the “nutritional facts” link I see nothing listed in the ingredients indicating they have come from the Holy Land! What kind of gimmick is this? What ingredient/s makes it distinctly Christian? Does it contain Holy Water? Has it been blessed? Would Jesus drink it? :eek: This seems like false (not to mention hypocritical) advertising. But wait, under the “press” link it says that “1in3Trinity has a strong vision and is committed to contributing a percentage of our profits to youth ministries around the world.” Now here’s one claim that may (almost) justify the marketing, but it’s pretty vague. Let’s see some specific details on what this “percentage” is and which “ministries” they’re talking about.

In the meantime, here’s another Energy Drink that might give 1in3Trinity a run for its $$$: reddevil (http://www.reddevilusa.com/)

;) ; just kidding.

Xopher

illusionh20
05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Xopher, good post. It seems no novelty boundary can be drawn in the sand with Energy Drinks.

Religious Based Energy Drinks, Race Based Energy Drinks, Sexuality Based Energy Drinks, Planet Based Energy Drinks........................

And the list goes on and on.....................:eek::eek::eek::eek:

So who owns the brand, the cross? Can the Vatican take legal action?

Nick Laugher
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
This borders on blasphemy, doesn't it? haha.

Tannerman
05-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I also question the purpose of this drink. It's definitely not a reflection of my faith. Seems more like a convoluted attempt to once again create a "Christian version" of something.

I also wonder where/how this will be marketed. Is it targeted to show up in C-stores or will you have to run down to your local Christian bookstore to buy a 6 pack :)

greg
05-03-2007, 05:47 PM
I simply see a company that is expressing their own personal spirtuality and their commitment to it. I for one am turned off by such names as "Crunk", "Cocaine", "Pimp Juice" "Huned Racks", "Bong Water", etc. If someone wants to market Energyd rinks to the spiritual crowd I see no problem. Religious people spend money just like everyone else. Their dollar is worth the same as mine. Moreover, religious people spend BILLIONS of dollars on religious specific items every year.

BTW, the "Fruit of the Spirit" is not an herb or an ingredient. It is a reference from the Bible describing the pleasures of life derived from the soul, heart, mind, love, friendship, etc.

illusionh20
05-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I simply see a company that is expressing their own personal spirtuality and their commitment to it. I for one am turned off by such names as "Crunk", "Cocaine", "Pimp Juice" "Huned Racks", "Bong Water", etc. If someone wants to market Energyd rinks to the spiritual crowd I see no problem. Religious people spend money just like everyone else. Their dollar is worth the same as mine. Moreover, religious people spend BILLIONS of dollars on religious specific items every year.

BTW, the "Fruit of the Spirit" is not an herb or an ingredient. It is a reference from the Bible describing the pleasures of life derived from the soul, heart, mind, love, friendship, etc.

Yep we need balance in the marketplace, cannot wait for the Muslim religious energy drink to explode onto the market.

I for one would of loved NOT to see religious energy drinks entering the market, especially in these difficult times the world is facing.

I can see in the near future, a martyr energy drink entering the marketplace, imagine the videos that will grace utube. Anyone want to bet
what kind it will be??????

greg
05-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Yep we need balance in the marketplace, cannot wait for the Muslim religious energy drink to explode onto the market.

I for one would of loved NOT to see religious energy drinks entering the market, especially in these difficult times the world is facing.

I can see in the near future, a martyr energy drink entering the marketplace, imagine the videos that will grace utube. Anyone want to bet

So I guess you condone the WORLD just continue its dive into moral decay and personal un accountability.
Why do you oppose the use of religious names, symbols, phrases , etc?
From your post you seem adamantaly against such names, does this mean that I can presuppose that you encourage the names of ED's that reflect negativity in the culture?
Why can a company use the word Devil in their name but you oppose Trinity?

BriGuy20
05-04-2007, 01:42 PM

The Christian market is a lot larger than the Muslim market in this country. It might do well in Western countries with significant Muslim populations that have already been exposed to the energy drink industry... The Netherlands, for example.

I realize you're being facetious, but I think if there is a large enough segment of the market, it will eventually get its own energy drink.

illusionh20
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I realize you're being facetious, but I think if there is a large enough segment of the market, it will eventually get its own energy drink.

Cannot wait for NASA to launch their energy drinks, it might help us get to Mars quicker.

As for profiting from religion I personally feel that it is wrong.

greg
05-18-2007, 05:16 PM
As for profiting from religion I personally feel that it is wrong.

UHHH Ever heard of the Catholic church, how about the Mormons? I believe these are 2 of the "richest" institutions in the World.

deepnenergy
05-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone, IMO It seems as if the drink is getting as much flack as Jesus does. Maybe there is power behind the brand and if so, the last thing I would do is mock or bash it.

I am a Christian and think it is a great idea to have for the church and those that want or need less Caffeine, if they are giving back to youth programs like Youth for Nations, or A.I.M this is a good thing. I don't see anyone that is complaining / mocking it giving anything back.

One thing is for sure I would rather not say anything at all then bash a possible man of God trying to do a good thing, and then again NONE of US know who we are talking about.....