PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Zero Vanilla?

amyers
05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I found this on the mycokerewards.com website, what's up?

http://i17.tinypic.com/6ajccog.jpg

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Cool! in what section?

mjb1124
05-04-2007, 03:53 PM
From everything I've heard, it'll be out at the same time as the relaunch of regular Vanilla Coke.

And don't you mean Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero? ;)

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-04-2007, 06:17 PM
So, when exactly is the relaunch of vanilla coke scheduled? bcv coke is already gone in my area.

popologist
05-04-2007, 07:01 PM
i hope it tastes as good as cherry coke zero... or, at least, better than the previous diet vanilla coke.

jmyjunk
05-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Vanilla Coke is also on ths site. The old packaging is shown. Any dates for release? It has now been 5 years since the first time Vanilla Coke was launched.

Swifty
05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Pretty sure I heard June.

Pretty sure I heard that from someone on this forum in another Vanilla Coke Thread buried far too deep for me to go searching for it right now. </laziness>

fusion
05-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Keep your eyes peeled, 20oz may be coming earlier than June, in some areas.

Vanilla Zero is the replacement for Diet Vanilla. Coke's putting more behind Zero with the flavors than with Diet Coke these days.

BhamCokeman
05-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Its in my hand held ready to be ordered. I punched it Thursday for Friday just to see what would happened and it wasnt loaded. Usually when its in there ready to be ordered its within a week we ship it out.

ColdOne86
05-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Thats good news, can't wait to taste it again!!!:D

Toni
05-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah!! My old friend is coming back very soon!

popologist
05-07-2007, 12:34 PM
does anyone know if coke changed the formula at all (for the regular version)?

i would kind of think that they might have, at least, just a little.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-07-2007, 05:53 PM
You're so dang lucky guys... here Coca-Cola Vanilla will never return :(

Mister-Eyebrow
05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
So, when exactly is the relaunch of vanilla coke scheduled? bcv coke is already gone in my area.

we still have bcv coke here.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Look what I found at flickr... OMG It looks so tasty! so mouthwatering! :P

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/208/494394301_bab2eb387b_o_d.jpg

popologist
05-12-2007, 06:27 AM
thanks for the pics! has anyone tasted it yet?

any pics of zero vanilla?

fusion
05-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Those are sales samples - you can see the expiration date of May 14th.

From what I have heard, it's the same exact formula as before.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-13-2007, 01:59 AM
From what I have heard, it's the same exact formula as before.

That sounds great! :D

amyers
05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh it's out. I found it today and tasted the Coca-Cola Vanilla. I hate the packaging, I kinda wish I would of gone along with the new Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero packaging, oh well.

They had 2/$1.00 in the small trial packages, I bought 4. Check it out.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3883/img00043cm5.jpg

Kevin Dupuy
05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh it's out. I found it today and tasted the Coca-Cola Vanilla. I hate the packaging, I kinda wish I would of gone along with the new Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero packaging, oh well.

They had 2/$1.00 in the small trial packages, I bought 4. Check it out.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3883/img00043cm5.jpg

It tasted the same? I'm looking for it.

Toni
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Amyers, what store did you find it in? I can't wait to get some.

Mister-Eyebrow
05-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Amyers, what store did you find it in? I can't wait to get some.

I would like to know also.

jmur
05-14-2007, 09:22 PM
oh my word! looks like i will be soda hunting before work tomorrow. i cannot tell you how long i have been waiting for this to come back. i really havent found a soda since v coke i have liked as much.

Toni
05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
oh my word! looks like i will be soda hunting before work tomorrow. i cannot tell you how long i have been waiting for this to come back. i really havent found a soda since v coke i have liked as much.

Agreed! I did enjoy BCVC but now that VC is back, I won't mind losing my BCVC. I'm gonna head to my grocery store later to see if they have some.

amyers
05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
I found it here:

Kroger
203 Commerce Ave # A, Lagrange, GA
(706) 883-6167

They had it in:
* 12oz bottles
* 2-liters
* 12-packs
* 20oz bottles

:)

jmur
05-14-2007, 11:04 PM
i was at my local grocery store tonight. if i knew that v coke would be back so soon i wouldve checked the soda aisle while i was there. im gonna head to walmart and target tomorrow to see if is stocked up there yet.

popologist
05-14-2007, 11:18 PM
i wonder why they took it away in the first place...

or why they brought it back (popular demand)...

and... i wonder why they made the sugar-free version zero, instead of diet...

Toni
05-15-2007, 12:27 AM
I found it here:

Kroger
203 Commerce Ave # A, Lagrange, GA
(706) 883-6167

They had it in:
* 12oz bottles
* 2-liters
* 12-packs
* 20oz bottles

:)

Excellent, well we don't have Kroger here, we have King Soopers which is a division of Kroger foods. I will check it out in a few minutes.

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-15-2007, 12:41 AM
i've been checking this gas station thats really close to my home EVERYDAY, because they usually get drinks before other stores, they had vault red blitz & pepsi summer mix like 5 days before i found it anywhere else but ive been checking there and nothing yet. i'll check in the morning too before school, i didnt check today.

Toni
05-15-2007, 01:31 AM
My local King Soopers didn't have any bottles or cans of Vanilla Coke. They also didn't have any cans of Vanilla Zero BUT they did have single 20 OZ bottles of Vanilla Zero so I picked up a few bottles. Not a bad flavor, I will definately get it again.

jmur
05-15-2007, 02:04 AM
im really hoping to find some tomorrow. i just checked a local gas station - nada. i have a feeling that when i do find it im going to buy much more than i should, haha.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-15-2007, 02:15 AM
I checked woodmans today, Nothing. I might hit wallyland tommorow.

amyers
05-15-2007, 08:25 AM
The ads they had in the store said "Taste the smooth.." (picture of the bottles) "Welcome back!"

jerr2429
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM
bought it today at shoprite and it has a very bad diet taste unlike the other two zero products. the diet taste overpowers the vanilla taste overall a 3.0 out of the 10.0. Back to the drawing board

popologist
05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
did u like the previous version, diet vanilla coke?

i'm not optimistic for vanilla zero, just because i haven't really liked any of the vanilla flavored drinks.

bought it today at shoprite and it has a very bad diet taste unlike the other two zero products. the diet taste overpowers the vanilla taste overall a 3.0 out of the 10.0. Back to the drawing board

jerr2429
05-15-2007, 03:07 PM
diet vanilla with a zero label, taste is not to good.

popologist
05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
my problem with diet vanilla coke was not any aftertaste, but... the artificial vanilla flavoring.

also, if it's the same formula, then we shouldn't expect vanilla coke zero to taste much different than diet vanilla coke, since both use the same aspartame/ace-k combination of sweeteners... for the most part, they are almost the same...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Found a pic of the Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero bottle at Flickr... omg omg omg!... :P

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/224/500029158_fcbd15a87b_b_d.jpg

jmur
05-15-2007, 08:56 PM
its hit the utica, ny area! parkway drugs (on french rd) has the zero version of it in 20oz bottles. the price chopper in new hartford has the price tags up for both regular and zero, but no products there yet.

the zero version doesnt taste bad at all. im so happy that vanilla coke is back. im hoping it sticks around this time.

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-15-2007, 09:24 PM
i've been checking this gas station thats really close to my home EVERYDAY, because they usually get drinks before other stores, they had vault red blitz & pepsi summer mix like 5 days before i found it anywhere else but ive been checking there and nothing yet. i'll check in the morning too before school, i didnt check today.
Still Nothing! :(

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Still Nothing! :(

jblaviback
05-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Found a pic of the Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero bottle at Flickr... omg omg omg!... :P

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/224/500029158_fcbd15a87b_b_d.jpg

Doesn't the new Vanilla coke label have a zubaz look to it? For a reference see pic below

popologist
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
i don't mind the packaging at all. i just hope it tastes ok.

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
i hope vanilla zero is good because ill drink that instead of normal cause im getting some extra baggage .. cherry zero i didnt like

Kevin Dupuy
05-15-2007, 11:35 PM
I'll stop by a local store here that usually gets Coke products first. I will miss the old packaging, though.

Toni
05-16-2007, 03:13 AM
I think we're gonna be getting Vanilla Coke this week here in Denver. I stopped at a local Western Convenience store and told the guy they were bringing back Vanilla Cole. He mentioned he had already spoke with the Coke driver about ordering it and he things it may be there Wednesday. I'm gonna be buying lots of it. I'm a Coke addict. Well vanilla Coke addict.

mjb1124
05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
I was delighted to find 20 oz. bottles of Vanilla Coke Zero at A&P this morning. It's pretty good - a little more diety than Cherry Zero, but definitely better than I remember Diet Vanilla Coke being, and it has that "artificial vanilla" flavor I know and love.

Haven't found regular V-Coke yet, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled.

jmyjunk
05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I think we're gonna be getting Vanilla Coke this week here in Denver. I stopped at a local Western Convenience store and told the guy they were bringing back Vanilla Cole. He mentioned he had already spoke with the Coke driver about ordering it and he things it may be there Wednesday. I'm gonna be buying lots of it. I'm a Coke addict. Well vanilla Coke addict.

We'll its here in Boulder! So that mean it's in Denver. I picked one up at the Boulder Gas this morning. The last place in the world I'd see anything new, as they hardly rotating their stock. But there it was, must of been put in new this morning, becasue it really wasn't all that cold. Really made my morning, since I missed the bus, and wasn't planning in stopping in.
It's taste just how I remembered it, which is fantastic!

Tons O' Fun
05-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Sweetness! I went to walmart last night and they have the new coke vanilla and coke vanilla zero in twelve packs. Here is a pic

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/crazyman312/05-15-07_2202.jpg

Troy The Vault Drinker
05-16-2007, 04:04 PM
still didnt find vanilla coke... i found vanilla zero and its not that good.

jblaviback
05-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Sweetness! I went to walmart last night and they have the new coke vanilla and coke vanilla zero in twelve packs. Here is a pic

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/crazyman312/05-15-07_2202.jpg

See Doesn't this look like Zubaz?? I like it alot. My new name for it is the Zubaz Can!

Toni
05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
We'll its here in Boulder! So that mean it's in Denver. I picked one up at the Boulder Gas this morning. The last place in the world I'd see anything new, as they hardly rotating their stock. But there it was, must of been put in new this morning, becasue it really wasn't all that cold. Really made my morning, since I missed the bus, and wasn't planning in stopping in.
It's taste just how I remembered it, which is fantastic!

Excellent! I'll be checking all around my area, I'm just 20 minutes down the turnpike from Boulder.

Kevin Dupuy
05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
No luck in my area. I'll go into a larger city tommorow and try to find some. Having a party next week and want to have some Vanilla Coke for it.

popologist
05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
the new design looks better on the regular coke cans than the coke zero ones. but it's still pretty good.

mjb1124
05-17-2007, 04:41 PM
The design just looks really weird to me. Like it's hand-drawn by an elementary school child or something.

Carbonated Shinobi
05-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Is there anyone here I could buy this off of? For some weird reason, I don't have Vanilla Coke here yet and I need it BAD. I've asked every gas station and grocery store I could think of within a 100 mile radius if they had it, and each and every one of them has either never heard of it, or given me a really stupid look upon asking them in person. Gah... does anyone ever check their inventory shipping schedule anymore? Or maybe I just have bad luck and I'm only getting lowly employees who have nothing to do with ordering inventory?

Oh, by the way, I've already checked eBay. There's Vanilla Coke for sale but I took one look at the shipping costs, nearly choked on the cereal I'm eating, and closed the browser window in disgust.

EDIT: This might seem like a crazy thought, but does something like an online "soda finder" or "soda seeker" exist? They have these sort of online services for gaming consoles and just about everything else, so I figured there might be something that tracks soda shipments from certain companies like Coca-Cola.

Toni
05-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Just give it some time! I still have only been able to find it in one grocery store myself. Gas stations and seven elevens don't have it here either. Everyday I check a few differant stores.

fusion
05-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Store personnel don't order soda, for the most part. It's usually ordered by a salesperson who visits the store and puts an order in a handheld. That order is transmitted to the warehouse, where it is picked and placed on a truck for delivery in the next day or two.

Generally those people deal only with management on duty to confirm the order, so the person at the register is totally out of the loop.

Why not just buy some vanilla syrup (found in the coffee aisle) and make your own vanilla Coke?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I couldn't stand anymore after watching those mouthwatering pics of Coca-Cola Vanilla and Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero, so I made a Coke float with a spoon of Vanilla Ice Cream from a big bucket of napolitan ice cream we have in the cooler, OMG! when I drank it, it reminded me that smooth and delicious taste of our dissappeared Coca-Cola Vainilla... :P

billygtexas
05-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Bought a bottle of Vanilla Zero yesterday at Wal-Mart. I didn't see it in the racks but the coolers by the checkout had them with a sticker ad on the doors.

Vanilla Zero's a big improvement over old Vanilla Diet Coke formula but it has a stronger aftertaste than Cherry Zero. It just doesn't mix as well.

I was never a big Vanilla Coke fan but I know some people who loved it and I'm glad it's back. Anything to help the success of Zero.

popologist
05-18-2007, 08:15 PM
i just hope "vanilla" doesn't give "zero" a bad name...

but, i'm with you billy... i wasn't a fan of diet vanilla either (the vanilla just tastes artificial).

i might buy vanilla zero... just to taste it, but i doubt it will be something i buy regularly (note: i haven't tried it yet).

Toni
05-19-2007, 03:01 AM
All the convenience stores in my area got Vanilla Coke in today!!!! It tastes just like it did before. I bought two bottles at each of three differant stores, don't want them to know I'm an addict!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-19-2007, 03:21 AM
I cant wait for this to get here! I have been checking a couple stores a day for the past few days now, to no avail.
One thing i noticed, sometimes our bottler is one of the first to get a new product out, and other times it will be the last... odd.

amyers
05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I cant wait for this to get here! I have been checking a couple stores a day for the past few days now, to no avail.
One thing i noticed, sometimes our bottler is one of the first to get a new product out, and other times it will be the last... odd.

I know what you mean, we were one of the test markets for VAULT and people loved it and it sold like hotcakes, but then when Red Blitz came out, we were the last to get it (last week)

David J.
05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
I saw reg. Vanilla Coke in the coolers at work, and bought a 20oz. It tastes the same. Didn't see if there was Vanilla Zero tho.

I don't think it'll fare too well this time around. I just have this gut feeling.

pepsipimp
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
We have both Vanilla and Vanilla Zero here in Columbus, OH (found it at Giant Eagle)...I tried the Vanilla Zero and really liked it...

Yirina77
05-21-2007, 09:41 AM
I just returned from NYC. I found there Vanilla Zero in only one grocery and only in small bottle.
I missed Vanilla flavour so much

http://sweb.cz/yudetha/vanilla.jpg

XLS_04
05-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Well it is a good thing I was only drinking one can a week, after buying multiple 12 packs. I just finished my last can of it last week just in enough time for the new batch to start coming around.

Chad.
05-23-2007, 01:16 AM
i thought Vanilla Coke Zero was pretty darn good, very little diet after taste although more diety then Cherry Coke zero, definitely will not make the zero brand name look bad

whotony
05-23-2007, 03:58 PM
EDIT: This might seem like a crazy thought, but does something like an online "soda finder" or "soda seeker" exist? They have these sort of online services for gaming consoles and just about everything else, so I figured there might be something that tracks soda shipments from certain companies like Coca-Cola.

were you kidding/

sodafinder.com

Swifty
05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
So.

I conveniently bumped into the Coke delivery guy at the grocery store today. And I asked him when we were going to see Vanilla Coke in this market.

His theory was that we'd see it around June 11th.

June 11th is the day the sampler bottles of Diet Coke Plus expire, and they understandably want to be rid of those before they launch another product.

A few more weeks won't kill me.

twitch.

(One could also also infer from this conversation that Diet Coke Plus is not doing so well.)

popologist
05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
a commercial or two for diet coke plus might've helped.

even so, i see loads of it in coolers here in NYC.