PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Pepsi

letermae
05-05-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm a Pepsi person and discovered Pepsi bottled in Mexico while visiting there this winter. Where/how do I purchase it now that I'm home in the States?

halloaaryn
05-05-2007, 05:28 AM
if you live in the Phoenix area, you can find it at any Filiberto's type place, you just have to specify in a GLASS bottle

Soda-MN-Good
05-05-2007, 12:38 PM
I have Pepsi in glass, but TOS says I can't advertise, so search Ebay Stores..you'll find me.;)

Android
05-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Whenever I've seen them, they were in Hispanic-oriented groceries,C-stores, or Dollar stores.

fusion
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Most Hispanic grocers carry it. What city/area are you in?

letermae
05-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks, Fusion. I'm in the Eugene/Springfield area in Oregon (that's about 100 miles south of Portland).

fusion
05-07-2007, 07:22 PM
After a bit of searching, this is what I found:

Plaza Latina Supermarket
1333 West 7th Ave
Eugene OR
(541) 344-6101

Lepke
05-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I’m a Pepsi person too, and I miss glass bottles BUT there is something unappetizing about drinking anything made with Mexican water. And what are the sanitary conditions down there? Perhaps if Canadians were jumping the border we could get real sugar Pepsi from a country with fresh clean water and first world sanitation.

Soda-MN-Good
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
If you think Mexican water might be bad, you should see the bottles of Coca Cola branded soda I have from India. Limca, Thums Up and Fanta, mainly the Thums Up always looks like there's something else floating in the cola. lol

Lepke
05-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I certainly wouldn’t drink anything bottled in India. I’ll bet they pump the water straight from the Ganges (sp).

jmyjunk
05-08-2007, 04:51 PM
I’m a Pepsi person too, and I miss glass bottles BUT there is something unappetizing about drinking anything made with Mexican water. And what are the sanitary conditions down there? Perhaps if Canadians were jumping the border we could get real sugar Pepsi from a country with fresh clean water and first world sanitation.)

I certainly wouldn’t drink anything bottled in India. I’ll bet they pump the water straight from the Ganges (sp).

What kind of xenophobic nonsense is this? Coca Cola products, as well as Pepsi product go through strict procedures with their water before it is even meets with the syrup. I know when traveling the far east, I would always reach for a Coke or Pepsi product, knowing it would be the safest thing to drink.
And even with Mexico, I would have no hesitation in grabbing a soda, as I know its not carbonated tap water.
They just don't pour unfiltered tap water into the soda. Research before you post such comments.

treetoptom
05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Carbonation kills any stray germs and microbes that might survive the water filtration/purification process. The CO2 makes the water acidic, which is not conducive to survival. That's the same reason you don't see living organisms in streams that are polluted with acid mine drainage or acid rain.

Lepke
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Apparently I’m a xenophobic ethnocentric racist, without any knowledge of the bottling processes.

Soda-MN-Good
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
What kind of xenophobic nonsense is this? Coca Cola products, as well as Pepsi product go through strict procedures with their water before it is even meets with the syrup. I know when traveling the far east, I would always reach for a Coke or Pepsi product, knowing it would be the safest thing to drink.
And even with Mexico, I would have no hesitation in grabbing a soda, as I know its not carbonated tap water.
They just don't pour unfiltered tap water into the soda. Research before you post such comments.

I would love to agree with you jmyjunk and be able to have the I don't care essence about what you drink. But I have done the research...in fact...here's some reading so you can do some research.. Notice how it says Coca Cola classifed documents released, if that's not straight from the source, what is?

India Resource Center - It's Often Coke with Bad Elements (http://www.indiaresource.org/news/2006/1061.html)

I love always being right....

illusionh20
05-08-2007, 05:39 PM
An Andheri restaurateur in the western suburbs who has had to face angry customers about four times last year over contaminated bottles said that Coca-Cola representatives were quite insensitive to the issue. "I do not want compensation from the company. If they cannot prevent it, they should at least tell people not to drink straight from the bottle. Instead their promotional campaigns show models gulping down cola straight from the bottle," he said. He added that e-mails to company officials go unreplied and representatives blame it on transporters and adulterators.

Could Pepsi India be the adulterators? ;)

Android
05-08-2007, 06:41 PM
What kind of xenophobic nonsense is this?.... even with Mexico, I would have no hesitation in grabbing a soda, as I know its not carbonated tap water.

My thoughts exactly. I know that Pepsi audits all their bottlers for quality control on their products. I'm sure Coke does too.

jmyjunk
05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Before you put your cart before the horse.....

Reading this vague article, from a website that seems to have it in for Coca Cola, doesn't tell me much, other than they found "stuff" in the bottles. Yes it's bad, but I would think a "pouch" as stated, would be not found in the liquid process. Rather the bottle cleaner, or manufacturer.
I would like to see more articles related to this, then from a fringe website, who is after Coke in India. If you read closely, they are not talking about The Coca Cola Company (Atlanta) "paying off" people, they are talking about their local bottler,
Hindustan Coca-Cola Marketing Company. Now, The Coca Cola company should be very interested in what their Bottlers do, and not adhere to their standards.

So let's take a step back here.

What about Coke in India? Read their myths and truth page as a balance

Coca-Cola India :: Faq's (http://www.coca-colaindia.com/faqs/myths-facts.asp)

Sh*t happens. Nothing is perfect. Was there stuff in the bottle, maybe? Sounds to me if they are finding blades and stuff, its from the bottles, not the drink process.
But that still doesn't change the fact that the process of bottling soda is safe, and I would still reach for a Coke, before tap water in most of the world.

So before your ego explodes,

I love always being right....do a little more homework.

Thanks!

Mr Zabe
05-08-2007, 07:39 PM
LMAO....Your dry sarcastic humor is quiet an acquired taste.:) LOLOL

Lepke
05-09-2007, 12:35 AM
You know Gandhi used to drink his own urine and many very spiritual Hindus will at times drink urine.
It makes me wonder if Coke and Pepsi bottled in India could possibly contain urine.

From that article posted by Soda-MN-Good and his very interesting anecdote about the particulate mater floating in these name brand sodas, I think urine is the least of their problems.

fusion
05-09-2007, 01:09 AM
The items in the soda are most likely a result of the returnable bottles not being cleaned properly, not the soda itself. One of the downsides of using 2-way bottles.

treetoptom
05-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I guess to be consistent you’ll have to abstain from drinking soda here in the US as well, seeing as a quick check of the law books reveals foreign objects making their way into cans and bottles being litigated in at least seven different states, with numerous other cases undoubtedly going unreported:

CA – Madeiros v. Coca Cola of Turlock
LN – Nehi Bottling v. Lucas (RC Cola)
AR – Coca Cola v. Jenkins
WA – Fisher v. Washington Coca Cola BW
IN – Coca Cola BW of Evansville v. Williams
IL – Sullivan v. Coca Cola BW of Chicago
PA – Rozumailsky v. Philadelphia Coca Cola

Soda-MN-Good
05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=jmyjunk;354022]Before you put your cart before the horse.....

If you read closely, they are not talking about The Coca Cola Company (Atlanta) "paying off" people, they are talking about their local bottler,
Hindustan Coca-Cola Marketing Company. QUOTE]

My point exactly, you stated you'll grab a Coke or Pepsi from overseas in a heartbeat knowing it'll be ok. I'm saying it's not Coca Cola (Atlanta) that's bottling these drinks, and therefore the lesser standards.

I mean, don't get me wrong, i like a nice tobacco pouch in my Coke as much as the next guy and like the lady at the local gas station told me a few months back when i pointed out fruit flies in the donut display, "you'll eat your own weight in dirt in your lifetime, what's a few flies going to hurt." yes, that lady was just as crusty as the donuts, needless to say, I left with no food.

I'm just sayin, Just because the US has high standards in bottling, doesn't mean a 3rd world country is going to be monitored 24/7 to meet those standards, thus the article I sent.

Now you say I need to research more..As if your ok with pouches, dirt and fungis, and you want more research as those are ok to drink...

This one's hearsay, but I'll put it anyway..
In May 2002, several employees of Coca Cola in Texas accused the company of repackaging nearly out-of-date soda cans and bottles and reselling them in stores frequented by people of color -- primarily Latino and African American people.

MMMM, uno Coca Cola perfavor

Here's an article about the increase in pesticides in Coke and Pepsi overseas

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pepsi and Coke under fire again (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5239758.stm)

Yum, all that and I know that no insects will be pestering my stomach....

Wait, i need more research. Maybe I should ask the courts?

India turns up the heat on Coke and Pepsi (http://www.foodproductiondaily.com/news/ng.asp?id=69694-pepsi-coke-pesticides-india)

Wow, am I getting more and more right as these articles increase?

What, it's only India right? So just don't buy in India...

Coke recalls soft drinks in Japan (http://www.foodproductiondaily.com/news/ng.asp?n=67425-coca-cola-soft-drinks)

In japan too? man, i can't drink Coke anywhere

Well, at least we know the US drinks are good right???

Coca-Cola, Cadbury added to benzene lawsuits (http://www.foodproductiondaily.com/news/ng.asp?n=67936-coca-cola-cadbury-schweppes-benzene)

Guess not..

Wow, i can do this all day, but I'll stop here...

treetoptom
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
I notice you have no problem foisting these “contaminated” products on unsuspecting buyers through your ebay store. If you’re really all that concerned, maybe you shouldn’t be profiting from their distribution. Or maybe your level of business ethics doesn’t match your level of messageboard indignation.

fusion
05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Amen to that.

jmyjunk
05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
We all assume a certain risk when we buy our consumer goods. We do not live in a world of absolutes. As stated before, I would still take my chances on Coke, or Pepsi products because they have earned, in my eyes, a reputation of being quality products, made at exceptionally high standards.
Being a large company, there will be mistakes, accident, sabotage, from time to time. That is the risk of doing business in the world.
So while appreciate the fact you have been able to find such articles, I think every company, from every walk of business, have had their own share of troubles.

Lepke
05-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I notice you have no problem foisting these “contaminated” products on unsuspecting buyers through your ebay store. If you’re really all that concerned, maybe you shouldn’t be profiting from their distribution. Or maybe your level of business ethics doesn’t match your level of messageboard indignation.
I’ll have to agree with the above statement.
But I’ll take it a step further.
I submit that Soda-MN-Good is in reality the nefarious mastermind of an evil conspiracy to rot the teeth and adversely affect the health of unsuspecting fat American infidels.

Why don’t you tell us Soda-MN-Good are you importing Coca Cola from the Palestinian authority? Do you sell Mecca Cola? Are you pushing Moxie on a naive and uneducated public?

Something smells fishy in the state of Minnesota, or is that just the foul stench of tainted soft drinks?

Mr Zabe
05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I also send my Ditto's to Treetoptom. :)
Well said!!!!

letermae
05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks Fusion - I'll check out Plaza Latina ASAP!!! My mouth is watering!
letermae

letermae
05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Lepke - guess I'm just daring! I even ate the food in Mexico - and the bakery items were wonderful, too. I didn't, however, partake of the "cheeseburger".

Soda-MN-Good
05-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I sell it because people like jmyjunk like to buy it and drink it. My theory is, if it makes it through quality control and is sold to me, then there should be no reason I shouldn't sell it to you. Unless of course of a recall, then of course I'll take my 40 cases in exchange for my one bottle.

Geez, I get cocky for a minute and everyone picks on me. Boo Hoo

To make things staight, I drink it too, have tried all the flavors, even knowing of the hazards. I just found a debate more fun than agreeing at this time.

jmyjunk
05-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I sell it because people like jmyjunk like to buy it and drink it. .

Don't assume that I am your target market. I like to travel and try exotic drinks, not buy them over them internet.

Soda-MN-Good
05-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Don't assume that I am your target market. I like to travel and try exotic drinks, not buy them over them internet.

That's nice...

illusionh20
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
fat American

Makes the future colonization of Mars, Moon etc. more expensive!

For the sake of the planet downsize and be good to your mother earth.