PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate - anybody tried it?

jacksmom
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I picked up a couple of cans of the Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate flavor for my husband the other day. He loves the Rockstar Guava, so I figured he might like this. I'd never even heard of it - they were almost gone when I got them. Does anybody know if this is a limited thing or permanent fixture? Anybody tried one? Just curious - thanks!

fusion
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Newest addition to the lineup.

BriGuy20
05-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Haven't tried, but liked the Guava so will give it a go.

Nick Laugher
05-07-2007, 04:22 PM
It's amazing. Best Rockstar yet.

mjb1124
05-07-2007, 09:15 PM
The Rockstar Juiced flavors (especially Guava) are hands down the best energy drinks I've had, so I'm eager to try this one. Although I have to say that I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all of the pomegranate drinks that have come out in the last few years. How long until we see Pomegranate Coke?

illusionh20
05-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Pomegranate is the juice of life, the juice of youth, the juice of gods etc
Looks like it will become popular as more research is conducted into the fruit.

pomegranate juice article (http://www.drinksforum.ozbevnet.com/pomegranate-juice-t73/index.html)

rackitup
05-08-2007, 08:33 PM
My favorite Rock Star flavor yet.

I tried it last week on a 1,000 mile drive.

I was @ a 7-11 today, a Man in line in front of me just about bought a can of it, I asked him if he had tried it before, just before I could tell him I liked it the Clerk chimed in and told the Customer it was "the worst flavor", the customer then left the line and put the Pomegranate back in the Cooler and left the Store.

I could not believe what I just witnessed, LOL

I felt bad, I wanted to buy a can and sample it to the customer.

DudeMan
05-09-2007, 10:08 AM
It's alright, if you like APPLE flavored energy drinks. I can't even taste the pomegranate.

fusion
05-24-2007, 04:13 PM
It is very apple-y, I agree. Guava is a much better juiced flavor.

RJWDOLFINS
05-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Rockstar Juice Is Good, I Like Guava Alot And Pomegranate Is Good Too.

mjb1124
05-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I had it and it's pretty good. Not as amazing as Guava, but still easily in the upper echelon of energy drinks (at least as far as taste is concerned).

BriGuy20
05-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Trying it now, agree completely with MJB.

Almost has a Strawberry taste.

ehinkes
06-01-2007, 12:29 PM
I thought it was really good. Tasted like real pomegranite to me with a boatload of apple juice mixed in.

----------------------
E
Taurine Rules - Energy Drink Reviews (http://taurinerules.blogspot.com)

David J.
06-01-2007, 01:57 PM
I tried it... but it was early in the morning, so my "morning mouth" to speak got in the way.

It was OK... but I'll try it when I was more alert. It did have a nice kick to it.

zne0
06-02-2007, 12:17 AM
tryied...it was actually ok tasting not much pomegranate fan but it was ok. monster and rockstar keep adding good line extentions seems coke and pepsi can't ( rockstar is not own by coke so no they cant take credit for rockstars line extention success) respond with something as great as this two do.

fusion
06-02-2007, 12:44 AM
I disagree.

Full Throttle Blue Demon is a good line extension, we sell a ton of it. I think Pepsi did pretty well with the Cherry Amp as well.

DudeMan
06-04-2007, 04:29 AM
Rockstar only had 2 flavors until fairly recently (regular and diet) and they both tasted like urine. It seems that RS panicked at all the new better tasting products entering the category and started pumping out a new SKU every month. All the recent RS flavors seemed to have been executed pretty quickly in an attempt to grab shelf space. The design is the same with the exception of changing the color of the "metal face plate" and the flavors are fairly stock/generic, with the exception of Guava which I haven't tasted. I still don't think that the RS lineup has a fraction of the thought and character put in to the Monster linuep.

My $0.02

deepnenergy
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Rockstar only had 2 flavors until fairly recently (regular and diet) and they both tasted like urine. It seems that RS panicked at all the new better tasting products entering the category and started pumping out a new SKU every month. All the recent RS flavors seemed to have been executed pretty quickly in an attempt to grab shelf space. The design is the same with the exception of changing the color of the "metal face plate" and the flavors are fairly stock/generic, with the exception of Guava which I haven't tasted. I still don't think that the RS lineup has a fraction of the thought and character put in to the Monster linuep.

My $0.02
I agree but the question is why is the ED companies launching so many so quickly??? and the answer is space if three or four good companies launch a number of brands the space becomes limited to anyother independent trying to gain placement. If the majors fill the door the retailer will not open another door for independent brands, well most won't.