PDA

View Full Version : Going to England, Paris and Ireland

Bigjon9981
05-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I am heading overseas to England, Paris and Ireland and am curious is there any different sodas over there that I should be looking for? Let me here your input...thanks.

da987
05-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey Bigjon,

I live in England, and I think you need to track down the following sodas.

Lilt - Pineapple and Grapefruit - Made by Coke Also available in ZERO
Diet Coke Citrus Zest
Fanta Fruit Twist
Fanta ZERO Summer Fruits
Tizer - Just been re-released with the original formula and 1970's retro logo
Pepsi Max Cino - Discontinued, but some stores still have old stock of this usually 500ml PET
Sunkist Tropical Splash - Made with Pineapple, Mango, and Oranges
Rubicon Lychee
Irn-Bru
Vimto

And of course as much Coke, Cherry Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, and 7up as you can get, as it is ALL with Cane sugar over here. None of that HFCS stuff goin' on in England.

Steer clear of foreign imports, a lot of independent wholesalers are importing the big 4 from other European countries, they taste nowhere as nice as the British made stuff.

If you are here in July, you will be able to pick up the yet to be released Coca-Cola with Orange.

Have a good time, and let us know what you find and what you think.

Bigjon9981
05-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey thanks for the advice look forward to seeing the real coke everywhere and trying a lot of new stuff. I have taken notes and will bring my list. Thanks again.

Hey Bigjon,

I live in England, and I think you need to track down the following sodas.

Lilt - Pineapple and Grapefruit - Made by Coke Also available in ZERO
Diet Coke Citrus Zest
Fanta Fruit Twist
Fanta ZERO Summer Fruits
Pepsi Max Cino - Discontinued, but some stores still have old stock of this usually 500ml PET
Sunkist Tropical Splash - Made with Pineapple, Mango, and Oranges
Rubicon Lychee
Irn-Bru
Vimto

And of course as much Coke, Cherry Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, and 7up as you can get, as it is ALL with Cane sugar over here. None of that HFCS stuff goin' on in England.

Steer clear of foreign imports, a lot of independent wholesalers are importing the big 4 from other European countries, they taste nowhere as nice as the British made stuff.

If you are here in July, you will be able to pick up the yet to be released Coca-Cola with Orange.

Have a good time, and let us know what you find and what you think.

MATHA531
05-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Coke products are pretty much the same in the UK and in Ireland...except when I was there last in February, they still had diet coke cherry which had a much much stronger cherry taste than did diet coke cherry in the USA and as you know diet coke cherry has been discontinued in the USA in favor of coke zero cherry. Don't know if you'll find it there yet.

As far as Paris is concerned, as with most European countries outside the UK and Ireland, their diet coke drink is called coca cola light and contrary to what others say, it tastes pretty repugnant to me and nothing like diet coke. Also when I was in Paris in January, coke zero was just starting out so it should be much more widespread by now.

illusionh20
05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Make sure your travel insurance covers cancer from benzene! ;)

That original Tizer would be great to sample, I liked the one I tasted here in Australia.

All the best and have a safe trip.