PDA

View Full Version : Need to locate Cheerwine

jo7hs2
05-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey folks,

I really need to locate a store that sells Cheerwine in Birmingham, Alabama. I know some carry it, but I've tried all my usual grocery stores and they don't currently have it on the shelves.

Failing that, a store within 5 miles of I-81 in Virginia or Tennessee, or very close to an interstate in Knoxville or Chattanooga, will work because I'm passing through there on Monday.

Thanks!

jo7hs2
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Diet Cheerwine would be a major plus.

fusion
05-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Tri-City beverages carries it in eastern TN.

A quick search turns up two grocery stores near I-81 in Kingsport.

Take I-81 exit 59. Go north on 36/Fort Henry Drive.

There is an Ingles at 4535 Fort Henry Drive.

Further up, there is a Food City on Moreland Drive. Make a left onto Moreland from Fort Henry.

Maybe someone else can point you to a quicker source, but that seems to be pretty solid.

fusion
05-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh.. and the Birmingham-area distributor is in Bessemer.

It's 7Up Southeast - 205-497-5952.

that's according to the cheerwine website. The bottler website also mentions Cheerwine.

Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group (http://www.7upsoutheast.com/location_detail2.asp?ID=122)

jo7hs2
05-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Fusion,

Thanks for the TN information.

One of the things that has baffled me is that I knew that 7Up Southeast in Bessemer was the local distributor, and I have found it in my local stores before. I've tried something like 10 different grocery stores with no luck. Maybe I'll try a store closer to Bessemer today.

Cheer-wined
05-20-2007, 12:36 PM
If you're going through the Tri-Cities area of TN, go to a White's Fresh Foods. They tend to have a better supply of Tri-City Bev. products (including Cheerwine in 6-pack deli bottles).

White's is a small local chain, they don't have a web site but you can find locations through Superpages.com etc.

I've found Cheerwine in some of the Piggly Wiggly stores east of Anniston AL, but that was over a year ago. I think one of the stores was in Heflin.

jo7hs2
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
The Ingles referenced above ended up saving the day. I tried several grocery stores and Wal-marts on my way through TN, and the Ingles was the only one with a small supply. They had some diet and regular can six-packs and 2-liter bottles.