PDA

View Full Version : Today's find.. Georgian Coke

fusion
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Found this today at a discount/closeout store called National Wholesale Liquidators. Their "house brand" is Red Rock, which they sell in 1L and 2L. No closeouts or anything else on other sodas.. I was disappointed, until I got to the register and saw these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/georgiacokecase.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/georgiacoke.jpg

(I put a US version next to it for comparison).

500ml Coke bottles from Georgia (the country, not the state). Price was 79¢ a bottle.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Cool pics fusion!

When I saw the title of the topic, I thought you were talking about Coke from Georgia the state... but actually you were talking about Coke from Georgia the country...

No Soda
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Very interesting...let us know how it tasted. Too bad the "Coca-Cola" isn't written in Cyrillic..

fusion
05-18-2007, 11:07 PM
There is Cyrillic writing below the Coca-Cola logo, and also on the back. They affixed a sticker over the writing on the back with the ingredients list.

It does taste different than other sugar-sweetened versions, that's for sure. Just doesn't seem as crisp as a Mexican Coke.. but that could be the packaging. Certainly not as syrupy as an American HFCS Coke, though.

And Ramon, we do get some Georgian (the state) Coke up this way.. they produce most of our 8oz glass and 10oz glass bottles (the rest come from Needham Heights, Mass).

No Soda
05-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the info, Fusion. I wonder how this ended up in the US.

The "Coca Cola" in the Spencerian script in Cyrillic looks like "Koka-Kora" (the small "r" I used bears the closest resemblance to a Cyrillic "l".)

Interesting how the 500 mL size is so common around the world.

Tom Servo
05-20-2007, 03:34 AM
Is that a 2009 expiration date printed on the bottlecap?

And yet the American version expires sooner. Anyone else find that odd? (Now I'm wondering if I've asked this before on here, as I am having wicked déjà vu!)

Also - isn't Red Rock a semi-regional brand from Indiana? For a while I was hooked on Red Rock Premium, a cane sugar cola. It was very tasty.

fusion
05-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry, I meant White Rock - my bad. Red Rock is actually from Georgia.

The expiration date is actually 30 09 07.. which is still longer than the US version.

Lepke
05-21-2007, 10:46 PM
The Soviet Union was one of the most polluted places on earth.
I wonder about the water quality. You can sanitize out the microorganisms but I don’t think you can filter out the dioxin and other chemical poultice.

da987
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
The "Koka-Kora" cryllic logo is from Russia, The "Koka-Kola" logo is from Bulgaria.

The Georgian Coca-Cola logo is different again. Please see the pictures below of a 1.5 litre PET Georgian Coke bottle I picked up from a C-store in England around 2001. The best before date on the neck is 03/2002.

da987
05-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I just found another store in England today that had Georgian PET bottles of Diet Coke and Cans of Pepsi from Poland.