PDA

View Full Version : Diet Rite Pure Zero in Canada? Maybe...

ScottyLibido
05-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Sobey's just released a new line of generic soda called "Freedom". The flavors almost mirror the flavors available from Diet Rite Pure Zero. Cola, Peach, Tangerine and Raspberry. They taste exactly like the Diet Rite sodas and there is no marking on the cans that say Product of Canada which means they probably import them...

Mr Zabe
05-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Usually in my experience (at least with private label bottle water ), I compare how the codes match up on the label. Coke (CCD Springs Spring Water) is bottled at the MG source. I buy private label spring water at Speedway Gas Station witch has thee same type of coding and the same MG source.

I'm not so sure but you might see a similar code or plant code on the private brand soda pop you just saw.

ScottyLibido
05-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Good idea, I will compare the code against some Diet Rite Cherry Cola I have at my mom's house. Thanks for the idea

fusion
05-21-2007, 09:33 PM
MG is Milesburg PA. Coke produces Spring! and Dasani there, and they probably also have other bottling contracts already in place from the days when Dannon owned the plant.

Mr Zabe
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
That's right.
Dannon bottled their spring water there.
As you know Coca Cola purchased Dannon's water business.
IMO.....Spring! (formally Dannon spring water) is my A List spring water.

LOL...I just posted exactly what Fusion posted.
I must be loosing it. LOL