PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine 90th

Cheer-wined
05-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Yesterday was the 90th birthday celebration of Cheerwine in downtown Salisbury. A side street near the visitor center was blocked off for the event; Carolina Beverage had displays of old advertising (very rare), free Cheerwine/slushies and a bunch of other stuff.

They were also selling special items for the 90th. The most unusal was the "flip can" (see 3rd thumbnail), it looks like a Cheerwine can but unfolds into a replica of the 90th commemorative bottle, a history of the company, etc. The actual 90th bottle isn't for sale yet (the bottles were late getting to DPWJ).

There's a picture of the birthday cake below, also a bottle of Cheerwine syrup (not soda) I bought there ... don't see that very often.

Beautiful weather and a really nice event for all the Cheer-winiacs. The Ritchies were there and it felt more like a family picnic than some kind of a corporate to-do.

Cheer-wined
05-20-2007, 11:06 AM
more pictures ... this time, the vehicles on display and a can of Cool Moon - they didn't have it at the event, but it's still for sale at a few c-stores around town.

take a close look at the first picture ... that's a stem sticking up from the roof, the car's supposed to look like a cherry on wheels. pretty creative ...

and if all this wasn't enough, after the party I went to the Nextel race in Concord, and got to watch the Busch brothers wreck each other. Man, it just don't git any better 'n that.

Mr Zabe
05-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Super great pictures. Much appreciated.

LOL.....I have the same lack of love for those idiot Bush brothers.
I missed the race but I did see the video of the wreck. I got much
enjoyment!!!!!! LOL

Dr. Galaga
05-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Very cool!
Thanks for sharing!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I have been craving a cheerwine lately, and now after seeing these pics, i might just have to drive up to madison to get some lol

drpep
05-20-2007, 08:42 PM
The best part of a NASCAR race is watching the #5 spin and smack the wall.

Cheer-wined
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Rolled off the production line just last week...

amyers
07-17-2007, 08:33 AM
The caps of 20oz bottles also have the 90th logo on them