PDA

View Full Version : What does the GLACÉAU mean for Coke?

BhamCokeman
05-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I know around here it will be huge for us. The funny thing is I was just talking to the beer vendor who handles it today and was discussing it with him. He hadnt heard anything about the possibilty of the deal and said we couldnt handle it anyway.LOL How will the distribution rights work and who will handle it? Also, what happens to Dasani plus since it was going to be targeting Vitamin Water and Sobe Life water. I applaud our company for finally make a great decision with this.

fusion
05-25-2007, 11:34 PM
In the short term, it will be business as usual. I'm sure Coke will be paying out some pretty serious dough to buy out those existing contracts if they want to put the products into their dsd delivery system.

Coke bought Fuze months ago, but it is still be distributed through the existing distribution network.. these things take time.

Dr Pepper 70
05-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Cadbury sells a major % of the Glaceau sales. I wonder how motivated they will be to sell a Coke product and how long they will keep the brand before it moves to CCE.:confused:

golee1
05-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Pepsi has it here.

fusion
05-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Well.. keep in mind that CCE sells a ton of a Cadbury product - Dr Pepper. Coke bottlers also sell Squirt, Sundrop, and other Cadbury stuff.

popologist
05-27-2007, 10:19 AM
i think it's a smart move by coca-cola. although, it would've been smarter had they done this a few years ago. pepsico has a big head start.

even so, i think coke can still buy itself into the non-carbonated beverage market. they don't need it to make huge profits; but they need it to stay competitive and to keep their stock price going up.

Dr Pepper 70
05-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Fusion makes a good point about Coke selling a ton of Cadbury products.

How long will Coke let Cadbury sell Glaceau??

DrPepperYummy
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Fusion makes a good point about Coke selling a ton of Cadbury products.

How long will Coke let Cadbury sell Glaceau??

I can only hope they let us finish most of the year so I can find a new job once I take the 10,000 dollar paycut lol... its amazing how much of this product we do sell, pallets drops not just racks at my stores. I've never had a new product go from a rack to multiple pallet drops for display in less than a year.

I'm not sure what agreements were made with glaceau so I don't know if there are any huge buyouts for distribution that coke would have to jump around, I can only hope we keep it as long as possible since its become a large portion of my paycheck. I wonder if glaceau is hiring...

Hacksaw
05-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, how did Coke handle buying out Mad River? Look for a similar pattern.

turbojames
05-31-2007, 07:50 PM
WOW, I was looking at the Gatorade section at the grocery store the other day. THANK GOD FOR GLACEAU!!!