PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero in Canada?

Drew
05-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Has anyone in Canada come across it yet? I loved Diet Vanilla Coke and I hope they bring this to Canada or I am gonna be pissed!~!!

Popboy
05-29-2007, 12:25 AM
As per my local coke rep, it should be coming this summer along with Cherry Coke Zero.

Drew
05-29-2007, 12:57 AM
As per my local coke rep, it should be coming this summer along with Cherry Coke Zero.

You are a god to me...lol...Thanks for the info..it's much appreciated!

Popboy
05-29-2007, 10:29 AM
You are a god to me...lol...Thanks for the info..it's much appreciated!

Me nah... I'm just a consumer that loves to harass Coke and Pepsi reps about new beverages coming out :) . Scottylibido (sp?) should have day and date release info about this stuff, as he works for a supermarket chain, but I was only told Cherry Coke Zero will hit stores late summer first, followed by Vanilla.

ScottyLibido
05-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Yep, I even went and bought my rep three 12-packs in Detroit...Cherry Zero, Vanilla Zero and Diet Plus. :)

Cokeologist
10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Has anyone seen Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke Zero, Cherry Coke Zero, or Diet Coke Plus in Canada?

MATHA531
10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Well quite frankly, at leastin my parts, while one grocery chain carried vanila zero for about two weeks, it has not become almost impossible to find...two years ago our local bottler was among the first to deep six diet coke vanilla and of course if they don't distribute it, sales will go down and the company will have an excuse to kill the product. I get the feeling coca cola was just temporarily following through on a promise to revive vanilla flavored sodas but their heart was never in it and they're doing everything possible to make people think nobody wants it....but I will say this whenever I have seen the product, it has sold out very quickly. But I haven't seen the product in over 2 months.

popologist
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
they have about four 12 packs up by me, Matha (the c-town on e. 89th and 1st ave). i see it there rather regularly (once or twice a month).

i only bought it once though--i don't like it. i stock up on cherry zero at gristedes though. unfortunately, it's usually $7 per 12 pack!!!

MATHA531
10-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm only really interested in buying the product in 2 liter bottles or when there is a sale on 12 packs....say $3 for a 12 pack (to which one must add sales tax of 8.5 % and 60 for the bottle deposits (so some piece of slime can fish it out of my recycling bag on recycling day...)...bringing them back for the deposit means waiting for an hour behind the bums who pick up the recylcables on recycling day (there ought to be a law).....oh well.

popologist
10-30-2007, 01:21 PM
i didn't even know they sold it in 2-liter bottles (though i buy cherry zero in 2-liter bottles).

good luck finding it.

MATHA531
10-30-2007, 01:36 PM
All during July and August, I was able to find vanilla zero at a couple of grocery stores in my area as well as at a Wal Mart I patronize in Valley Stream...since the beginning of September, however, I have not found any...recently I have found a couple of outlets with 2 liter zero cherry and I gobble it up whenever I can because I just have a feeling that the local bottler for Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau is itching to kill it as it apparently has with vanilla zero...as I said I spoke to a manager at a local supermarket who told me his coke rep had told him not to carry zero cherry or zero vanilla because they were worried about too much fragmentation in the market and would rather they simply carry zero, diet, diet caffeine free, classic, classic caffeine free and nothing else...they simply don't want too much demand to exist for the other flavors, at least locally, as that might force them to have to produce more which they simply don't want to do. I don't know what's going on in other markets....although I know locally, I believe the local coca cola bottler distributes Dr Pepper here and I have never seen them produce 2 liter diet cherry vanilla DP and 12 packs of that are beginning to become very scarce...and they have never done either zero cherry or zero vanilla in 1.5 liter bottles.

popologist
10-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Matha, I think we get kind of scr*wed in the NYC area, because there just isn't enough shelf space for all the different varieties.

I'm going to be visiting my family in Ohio in a couple of weeks, so it will be interesting to see if they have more variety there (they almost always do).